Chapter 29

"Are you ready for the best birthday ever" V smiled as we walked into the day spa. "Hello Mrs. Sawyer" the hostess smiled. "Your room is ready" she smiled walking us to the back room. "I'll be back in five minutes" she smiled and left us in the room to change.
       "Guys I'm so excited. This baby has been kicking my ass" V frowned rubbing her belly making us laugh. "Please" Liv sighed. "When I was pregnant with Maddy I couldn't keep anything down" she frowned putting on her robe. "Thank god I don't have to deal with that" Tegan smiled making us laugh. "You need to hurry up and find your mate already." Liv said to her. "Trust me I'm trying" she said just as the woman came back with a tray champagne glasses.
       "Yes" Liv and Tegan smiled rubbing their hands together. "It's too early for drinking" I said. "Take it" V pouted. "For me" she begged. Taking the only orange juice on the tray. "Fine" I sighed taking it.
       "Ok ladies. First stop bath hause" the hostess smiled leading us to a room. Inside was rather large jacuzzi. It smelled really good in here too. It smelt like mints and lemons. "Ok ladies enjoy. Scrubbers will be in shortly" the hostess smiled leaving us. We got in the water and it was pretty hot. "You'll get used to it." Liv smiled sinking under. "This feels amazing" V sighed. "I hope my symptoms change soon because I haven't gotten laid in a week" she moaned making us laugh.
       "I'm serious" she exclaimed. "I'm so fucking horny all the time and I can't do nothing about it" she whined. "That's the worse" Liv said finishing off her glass just as four women came in with some long sticks with loofahs on it. "My favorite part" Liv smiled and sat on the seat and we all followed suit.
       "Careful" V said pointing to her stomach and the woman nodded. "So, what about you?" V asked looking at me. "What about me?" I asked confused as the woman started scrubbing my skin with the loofah. "Sex" she exclaimed "I know you aren't marked but there's no way you're not having sex" she exclaimed making me blush.
       "Um. Eww" Tegan said "little sister in the room" she said. "Please. It's just sex" V shrugged looking at me. "No, we haven't had sex" I sighed. "Wow" they all said looking at me. "I know, and lately I've been like a freaking dog in heat. No offense." I joked making them laugh. "He says he wants to do it right." I exclaimed.
      "I don't know maybe he's not ready to mate after Amber" I whispered. "Sweetheart don't believe that" Liv smiled. "He wants you. It's just" V paused "he's scared." She finished. "What?" I asked confused. "He told Jackson that he's afraid of losing you so he wants to make sure that he does this correctly" she smiled making us aww.
       "Besides. I'm pretty sure that first time he's going to explode in like two seconds" Liv smiled. "Literally" V said making us burst out laughing.
        After that wonderful trip to the spa we decided to do a little shopping. "What about this?" I asked holding up a cute little shirt. "We're shopping for you. Not Kenny" Liv said taking the shirt out my hand and putting it back. "But she needs stuff too" I pouted. "Well tonight is your birthday, so we need something sexier." She smiled walking us out of the store.
         "All better?" I asked V as she came back with a hotdog and a drink. "Much" she smiled making Tegan laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked. "She almost bit the guy's head off when she told him her order" she laughed. "What did you order?" I asked confused. "Three spicy chili dogs, and one with extra cheese" she said taking a bite of her food. "Well let's go" Liv smiled dragging me into Bloomingdales.
        "I can't afford anything in here" I said looking around. "That's ok because we have this" Tegan smiled waving a black card in my face. "Is that Tristan's?" I asked confused. "Yep" she smiled. "You really need to stay out his wallet" I frowned taking the card from her. "He needs to stop leaving it around" she shrugged.
         "Ooh look at this" Tegan smiled holding up a red sheer dress. "This is not birthday worthy." I scrunched my face up. "Well good thing we've got help" Liv smiled just as a well-dressed woman walked up to us. "Sarah" Liv smiled. "Liv. How are you?" The woman smiled hugging her. She was tall and very pretty. She had on a pink skirt suit with a white blouse with ruffles on it. "Guys this is Sarah" she said pointing to her. "Sarah you know the girls, and this is Tristan's mate" she exclaimed making her smile weirdly. "Wow" she exclaimed. What's her problem? "Well let's go then" she said walking us to the elevator.
       We got in and she used a key to press the top floor. "So how long ago did this happen?" She asked eyeing me. "eleven months ago" I replied just as the elevator stopped. We got out and it let out to a private room. It was all white and plush with splashes of purple, and blue. "Any drinks? "she asked and we nodded. "Gretchen" she called and a girl in a nice black dress came out. "Let's get these ladies some drinks, and this one a water" she smiled. "So, any ideas as to what you want to wear?" She asked and I nodded. "I want something classy yet sexy" I said as Gretchen came back with champagne and water.
       I Looked myself over in the mirror happy with my appearance. I had on a black floor length sweetheart gown with a slit up the side with some heeled sandals. My make-up was kept light except for my bright red lip. I heard the horn honk signaling my ride was here. I grabbed my clutch and walked out the door. "I'm here to take you to your party" the guy smiled.
       He looked familiar. "I've seen you before" I said to him. "I'm Matthew." He smiled. "I was here last time" he stated driving off. "Oh yes." I smiled. "Happy birthday by the way" he smiled. "Thanks" I replied watching as the scenery passed by. I felt the car stop at the diner and looked confused. "This is it?" I asked and he nodded. "Yep." He smiled "I'll see you later" he smiled letting me out.
       The outside still looked the same except the windows were wider and brand new but they were covered with paper. I walked inside to find it lit with roses and pink peonies sprinkled across the floor. In the back was a band playing the violin, harp, and bass. In the center was a table with a rose in the middle.
        "Happy birthday" I heard Tristan say from behind me. "I thought you weren't going to be here today" I smiled surprised. "And miss your birthday" he said kissing me. "You look very beautiful tonight" he said looking at me. "You too" I replied looking him over. He had on a black tux with a white button down and his hair combed back.
        "Come" he said taking my hand and dragging me to the table. He pulled my chair out for me and I sat down. "Such a gentleman" I smiled making him laugh. "Thank you" I smiled "this is all so beautiful" I smiled looking around. "No one's never done something like this for me before" I smiled at him. "Well you're with an alpha now get used to it" he said as Matthew came out with two glasses and a bottle of wine. "The food will be ready shortly" he said pouring our wine.
        "Thanks" Tristan said. "So how was your day?" He asked. "It was great." I smiled. "Only thing that could make it better is spending the last of it with my mate" I smiled taking a sip of wine. "That's good" he smiled. "How was the spa?" He asked. "I loved it. I would love to go back sometime soon" I smiled. "What about you? How was your day?" I asked. "It was a day" he smiled. We sat in a comfortable silence just taking each other in. "I haven't told you this yet, but I love you" he said looking me in my eyes making me blush. I felt the same way, but I didn't want to say it without making a fool of myself. "I love you too" I smiled leaning in to kiss him.
       "Your food" Matthew interrupted us. Placing down two plates with lids on top of them and left. He grabbed my hand smiling at me. "I've been wanting to ask you something lately" he smiled taking the lid off to reveal a little black suede box. I felt my heart start to pound as Tristan got on his knee. I felt my eyes start to water and my mouth drop open.
        "Quinn Gwendolyn Carter" he stated, "ever since you've gotten here, you've made my days brighter, and my nights quieter." He said shakily as I felt the tears roll down my face. "I've officially been completed, and I don't ever want to know what it's like without you. I can't even imagine my life without you, and I would love it. Really, really love it if you could do me the honor of being my wife" he smiled open the box to reveal a wonderful oval diamond with mini diamonds embedded inside the band.
       "Yes" I cried. "Yes" I exclaimed nodding my head as he slid the ring on my finger. "I love you so much" I cried kissing him all over his face.