Chapter 35

We sat around the table eating, drinking, and talking. "So, Connor where are you from?" Troy asked him. "Originally. I'm from Texas" he swallowed nervously. "This food is great Quinn" he smiled at me. "Thanks" I smiled. I looked over at Tristan and saw him sitting back looking at Connor intently.
      I placed my hand on his knee catching his attention. "Be nice" I mouthed. "Do you like it here?" I asked him. "Yeah I love it" he smiled looking at Tegan making her blush. "So that means you'll be staying then?" Liv asked him. "I hope so" he replied looking at Tristan hopefully. "When are you two going to mate?" Dana asked. "I need grandchildren" she smiled. "Well more anyways" she chuckled. "Mom" Tegan hissed. "What. It's about time we get more kids in here" she shrugged.
       "Do you have any other family or is it just you?" Tristan asked studying Connor. "It's just me" he replied. "How long have you been here?" Tristan asked. "About four months" he answered. "And this is my first time seeing you. Weird" Tristan said looking at him making us go silent. "Yeah. I've just been at work and home" he said nervously taking a sip of water.
       Tristan knew my theory about the rouges and Paul, so I guess he was applying pressure to figure out Connor. "How do you feel about hunters?" Tristan asked turning the mood instantly. "They're ok for what they believe in" he exclaimed looking at us "but the way the go about it is disgusting." He finished. "So, you agree that our kind should be wiped out?" Tristan asked feeling the mood turn sour. "No" Connor spoke. "But everyone is entitled to their own opinion." He said staring Tristan in the eyes.
        "Ok girls you can go in the basement and play, and I'll bring your dessert down" I said to them feeling Tristan starting to get agitated. I didn't want a fight to break out with the girls in the room plus I didn't need anyone to get hurt. "Ok" they smiled running from the table. "Tristan come and help me with dessert" I said standing up, but he wouldn't budge. "Tristan" I called again placing my hand on his shoulder. "What" he snapped looking at me. "Kitchen. Now." I seethed watching him get up and stalk into the kitchen. "I'll be right back with dessert" I half smiled. "Well clear the table" Liv smiled sadly.
        "That's the guy working with Paul. Isn't he?" Tristan said. "Yeah" I said grabbing the pie from the oven and sitting it on the counter. "And you let him into my house" he yelled making me freeze. "Firstly, this is our house. Secondly, he's her mate. What do you want me to do say no?" I replied back grabbing the dessert plates. "Yes" he yelled.
       "Lower your tone" I menaced looking at him. "Don't" Tristan said stepping to me. I wasn't scared but it did kind of hurt me a little. "Tristan calm down and think about your next move very wisely" I pointed grabbing the utensils and ice cream. "Now." I smiled trying to change this sour mood and scooping some ice cream into three bowls with sprinkles, chocolate sauce, and whip cream.
        "Take this down to the girls, and then you can come and apologize to Connor" I said placing everything on a tray. "I'm not apologizing to him." He mumbled making me look at him. "If you want to sleep in OUR bed tonight. You will apologize" I said looking at him.
        "Besides you still have one more gift and I'm sure you want it" I whispered in his ear kissing his cheek. "Now are you going to be a baby or an alpha?" I asked raising my eyebrows and taking the dessert into the dining room. "Sorry about that" I smiled "now who wants some pie?" I asked.
       Tegan, Connor, Jackson, Troy, Tristan, and I were all in Tristan's office. "Why should we trust you?" Tristan asked on edge. "Because I love your sister" Connor replied. "Ok and?" Tristan stated. "You expect me to believe that. After what you said earlier about the hunters and knowing the person you work for" Tristan shrugged. "I don't work for Paul. I work for Kyle." He finished.
      "And who is this Kyle?" Tristan asked. "Kyle Ludlow" he said making everyone freeze. "Shit" Tristan said. "Who's Kyle Ludlow?" I asked looking at them. "He's Amber's mate" Tristan sighed. "Why is he working with Paul?" I asked. "He wants revenge" Jackson said making Tristan close his eyes and put his head in his hands. I place my hands on his shoulders and massaged then.
      "It's fine. We'll be ok" I said to him but didn't get no response. "Let's give him a minute" Troy said getting up to walk out making everyone follow suit. "Sit down" Tristan commanded making everyone stop and sit. "How close are you to Kyle?" Tristan asked Connor. "Not that close" he exclaimed. "Ok this is what's going to happen" Tristan said. "You two will not mate until after this is over" he exclaimed making Tegan cut him off.
     "What! No" she yelled standing up. "That's not fair" she cried. "Sit down" he ordered. "You're not my alpha" she exclaimed "and you can't tell us not to mate" she said looking at him. "Tegan this is not the time" he seethed. "No" she exclaimed with tear stained eyes standing her ground.
       "Tegan" Troy said making her look at him. "Sit. Down." Troy commanded and she did. "Now like I was saying. You two will not mate until this is over. Connor when is your next report due?" Tristan asked him. "Soon" he replied. "Ok. You will go and tell them that my sister is your mate. But you're going to say that you rejected her. Which in return will get you into their circle" Tristan exclaimed. "How'd you figure that?" Troy asked confused.
      "Because he has something both Paul and Kyle want" Jackson said making Tristan nod. "So, we use Tee as bait? It doesn't make sense" Troy said. "She won't be used as bait because she's going to stay at the Northwell pack" Tristan said. "No. This is not fair. You can't make me leave him" Tegan cried.
      "Tee you have to" Connor said grabbing her hand. "No" she cried making my heart break for her. "It's not fair" she cried onto his shoulder. "I know and I'm sorry. This is all my fault but if they find out that I'm going to double cross them then they'll definitely hurt you and I wouldn't be able to live with myself" he said rubbing her back.
      "Maybe it's a way they can still be together while we figure this out" I offered feeling bad for her. "There's no other way." Tristan said. "This is the safest way" he said looking at her with a sad face.
      Connor took Tegan upstairs to help her pack. "How much do you trust him?" Jackson asked Tristan. "Not enough but he's her mate and I'll put my faith in that" he replied. "He's a good guy" I said "and besides he told Tegan who he was right away" I exclaimed. "Yeah well let's hope he comes through." Troy said looking at Tristan.
      It looked as if they were having a conversation between themselves, but I wasn't sure. "What are we going to do about Paul then?" I asked breaking their staring contest. "Well I'm hoping they let him close enough so that he can at least get a sneak peek at what they're planning. And secondly you're going to have to go with Tee" Tristan said looking at me. "No, I'm not" I said looking at him. "Yes, because if something happens to you" he exclaimed not finishing his sentence. "Nothing will happen" I said looking at him. "You're right it won't because you'll be going with Tee" he said not budging.
      "Fine I'll go if we get to do the ceremony" I said looking at him. "No" he clipped. "Why not?" I asked annoyed "at least that way you'll be the true alpha, and I won't worry" I argued. "Yeah but then I won't be able to be away from you for too long and if you're here then I'm going to worry" he argued. "You're human. You can't regenerate or take the hits we can" he said as if I didn't know that.
     "I know that, but you know what's going to worry me even more?" I said "knowing that you could've been alpha and you getting hurt" I exclaimed feeling my stomach turn at the thought of me losing him. "So, when is the next full moon?" I asked. "Sunday" Troy said. "So that's when we'll do it" I said walking out the room.