Chapter 11

"Can you do it?" V asked. "You don't even know me, and besides I already said yes to the cake. This is too much" I told her placing the food on the counter for her to serve. "Please. I know you don't know me, but I only have brothers and they're both too young, and besides I know Jackson is going to ask Tristan to be his best man. Pleeease" she begged
        "But you don't know me. This is supposed to be a job for your best friend." I told her walking back to the grill. "But you are my friend. Aren't you?" She asked pouting. I mean I didn't want to say no, but I didn't want to say yes either. We barely hung out and all I know about her is that she's from out of town. "Fine. I'll just tell Jackson forget it" she sniffed walking away. Aww. Dammit now I felt bad.
         "Ok. Fine" I huffed not wanting to make her cry. "Yayy" she clapped jumping up and down. "Thank you" she smiled hugging me. "Yeah. Yeah" I exclaimed turning back to the grill.
          "Have dinner with me?" I heard Tristan say from behind me putting a single red rose in my face. I smiled turning around and placed my arms around his neck. "Tonight is a school night and I need to be home with Kenny" I pouted. "You know my brother will watch her free of charge." He smiled. "Yeah but she has school tomorrow and your brother lives on the other side of town." I exclaimed. "Fine" he pouted. "I'll just cancel the reservations." He sighed placing his cheek on my head. Dammit. I really wanted to go but I couldn't leave Kenny home alone.
      "Hey table three needs fries. Oops sorry" V said barging into the kitchen making step out his arms feeling cold already. "Tristan what are you doing here?" She smiled. "I was trying to convince Quinn to have dinner with me." He said.
       "Aww" V gushed. "I remember when Jackson and I first started dating. All the sex we used to have in public" she smiled as she remembered. "Ummm ok" I chuckled. "You guys need to hurry up and do the do already. I know this one is going wild over here. All that alpha blood in his veins I'm surprised he's still calm" she said grabbing something and walking out.
       "Alpha blood? What is she talking about?"  I asked not wanting to talk about the other thing she said. "I don't know she's always rambling off at the mouth about something. But about this date." He exclaimed changing the subject. "And I have the perfect babysitter for you" he smiled kissing my cheek and walking out. 
        I had just stepped out the shower when I heard the doorbell. Is that Tristan? He's early. "Kenny check who's at the door." I yelled from my room. I checked the time and saw it was only seven. He had told me be ready by eight. "Hey" I heard a knock on my door and turned to see Veronica. "V what are you doing here?" I asked her. "Well I'm babysitting." She smiled hopping on my bed. "Well me and Jackson." She smiled looking at me
        "Wow. I knew you were hot but your body is amazing" she said rolling on her side and looking at me. "Um thanks" I exclaimed pulling my towels down feeling a bit uncomfortable. "So what are you going to wear?" She asked looking at me. "V" I smiled "can you step out for a moment so I can get dressed fully?" I asked her. "Sure. I'll be back" she smiled.
        I got dressed quickly putting on a pink off the shoulder dress that fit my body perfectly. I put on some white chunky heels and did my makeup. I kept it light and natural. I grabbed a purse and my jacket finishing off my look. Once I was done I made my way out towards the living room to find only Jackson. "Hey" I waved to Jackson. He looked rather bored and unbothered. "Hey" he waved back. Jackson was very handsome. He was tall and muscular. His hair was a dirty blond and brushed out of his face showing how broody he looked.
      "Oh hey. Kenny was just showing me her beautiful room" V said from behind me. "Wow Quinney you look so pretty." Kenny gushed. "Thank you" I smiled at her. "Boy Tristan is going to go nuts when he sees you, or should I say nut" she laughed. "V Please" I exclaimed looking at Kenny. "What" she exclaimed. "She doesn't know what we're talking about" she shrugged. Just as I was about to say something the doorbell ranged. "That'll be Tristan" I said almost running towards the door. I opened the door to find Tristan looking amazing.
       He had on a navy-blue suit with a black sweater, and his usual curly hair was slicked back. "Wow you look amazing" he said looking me up and down. "Thank you" I smiled. "Here I got these for you" he smiled handing me pink peonies. "And I got this for you." He said walking past me towards Kenny. "Tristan" she gasped smiling and running to him. "Hey short stuff" he smiled picking her up. "Here I got you this" he smiled at her. "Thank you" she smiled hugging him. "Where you going?" She asked him curiously. "I'm going out with Quinney if you don't mind?" he asked. "Like the carnival?" She asked. "Nah nothing that fun. But if tonight goes well. Then I'll see if Quinney lets us go again" he smiled at her. "Ok. Bring me some ice cream" she said jumping down from his arms.
      "Uh uh young lady. No ice cream for the night you already had your sugar limit for the day." I told her. "Now are sure you guys are going to be fine?" I asked looking at Jackson and Veronica. "Yes. We'll be fine. Now go." V shooed. "Ok. Don't give her any candy" I exclaimed walking out the door.