Chapter 40

I opened my eyes and saw I was home. Not Tristan's house but my old home. In my room. I got off the bed and ran downstairs. I heard their laugher making me stop and look around for her. I heard it again and walked into the living room to find them in front of the fireplace slow dancing.
        "Mom. Dad" I inhaled shakily. "My beautiful Quinn" my dad smiled hugging me making me cry. "I've missed you" I said to him. "I know, and our time to meet again will come soon" he smiled kissing my forehead as my mom came up from behind Him.
        "I'm so tired" I cried hugging them.  "Sweetie it's ok" she cried holding my cheek. "We know" they smiled in unison. "But it's time for you to go back." My mom smiled. "Why can't I stay here? With you" I smiled looking at them hopefully. "Because you have a handsome man who is worried about you, and a beautiful sister who needs you" my mom smiled making me think of Kenny and Tristan.
       "I guess I have to go back" I exclaimed, and they nodded. "But we are so proud of you and we love you dearly" my mom smiled. "And please tell Tristan thank you" my dad said kissing my forehead. "Now go. The door is closing" my mom smiled with tears in her eyes. "We love you" they said as I walked to the front door. I looked back one last time and saw them smiling at me. "Go" my mom whispered and I opened the door falling back into oblivion.
          Disinfectant. That was the first thing I smelled. Then I heard a constant but steady beeping sound. I opened my eyes and saw I was in the hospital. It was dark outside, and the lights were off. I had a ringing headache but other than that everything else was fine. I was also immensely thirsty, and my lips were so dry. I tried to sit up, but my body screamed in protest. I looked around and saw Tristan sitting to the left of me sleeping in a chair. He looked tired and a bit skinny. He also had a little beard growing and his hair had grown significantly giving off a Rockstar vibe, and I kind of liked it.
         I reached out to grab his hand waking him. "Huh" he groaned turning his head to look at me. "Quinn" he rasped eyes wide. "Hold on let me get Troy" he said getting up. "Wait" I called. "Please lay with me" I exclaimed holding him there. "I should get Troy" he said, and I shook my head no. "Lay down" I smiled making him smile back. "Five minutes" he said and laying beside me and engulfing me in his arms making me fall back asleep.
          I awoke wrapped in Tristan's arms making me smile. "How are you feeling?" He asked me. "Sore and tired" I laughed. "I really should get the doctor. You've been out for a while" he said worried. "Fine" I sighed turning over getting wrapped in the many wires. "I just wanted to spend some time with you" I whispered. "You will after the doctor checks you out" he said smiled getting up and taking the IV out his arm. "What's that? Are you hurt?" I asked concerned.
          "I had to give you some of my blood. You were hurt very badly" he said kissing my forehead. "One minute" he said walking out the room as I looked around. For a hospital room it was awfully big and spacious. Plus, the bed was quite large. The television was also large, and I had an arrangement of flowers in the window which was overlooking a city. The sky was nice, bright, and blue making me smile.
        "Good morning Quinn" Troy smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm good. When did this happen?" I asked pointing at his lab coat. "This was always my plan but enough about me" he smiled. "I want to check you over" he said flashing a light in my eyes and listening to my heartbeat. "So far you seem fine. How do feel on a scale of one to ten?" He asked.
        "Like a two. It still hurts to sit up" I said rubbing my stomach. "Ok. That's normal. We had to do some surgery so we're going to have the nurse come in her and change your dressing and I want to give you an ultrasound" he listed making me look at him. "Why?" I asked feeling my heart beat heavily. "Well you took a lot of blows to the abdomen. Especially for a human. There was a lot of internal bleeding plus the bullet we had to do a partial hysterectomy." He explained and I looked at him confused.
          "Yes " he stated solemnly. "Due to the blows and the bullet wound we had to take a some of your uterus" he finished making my eyes water. "Will I be able to have kids?" I asked him quietly. "You can still conceive it's just that your chances are lower than most but not impossible" he smiled.
         "And as for the hand" he pointed to my casted hand. "It should be good within six to eight weeks." He smiled. "Thank you" I said laying back and turning towards the window. "I'm sorry Quinn." He apologized "it's also nice to have you back" he said leaving to room.
         "Hey babe" I heard Tristan say moving my hair out my face. "You have a visitor" he smiled at me making me open my eyes. "Hi Quinny" Kenny smiled brightly making me smile. "Hey little sis" I smiled hugging her with watery eyes. "Are you ok?" I asked holding her hand. "Yeah. Are you ok?" She asked me. "Yeah I'm going to be just fine" I smiled at her.
         "Why are you crying?" She asked. "Because I really missed you" I sniffed pulling her onto my bed. "Me too" she smiled snuggling up to me. I heard a knock on the door and looked up. "Hey" Liv smiled. "You think you have room for more?" She smiled and I nodded. "How are you feeling?" She asked hugging me.
         "Great. I would love to go home and take a real bath though" I laughed making her laugh. "Everyone's so excited to see you" she smiled. "Where's Tegan?" I asked. "We'll talk later" Tristan said looking in Kenny's direction. "Is she ok At least?" I asked concerned. "She's fine. Just very sad" Liv said sadly. "Now let's change the subject cause you have a line" she smiled just as V, Jackson, and everyone else came in.