Chapter 20

"What do you think of this one?" I asked clicking on the link and watching the pictures come up. "It's nice. But I like our old house better." Kenny shrugged eating some of her cereal. "Kenny, I already told you we can't go back because the house is gone" I told her for the tenth time. "Well then why can't we stay here?" She asked for the tenth time. "I can't deal with this right now" I exclaimed getting up and walking into the living room.
       Kenny was being very moody today and I wasn't going to deal with her attitude. Plus, I was a bit agitated due to the fact that I haven't seen Tristan in three days, and I had a lot of things on my plate with little to no money. After our date he said I could stay for as long as I needed but Kenny needed to go back to school, and I needed to go back to work. "I hate it here, and I hate you. I want to go back with daddy" she screamed following me. "Fine. Do what you want" I yelled back making her let out a blood curdling scream. "I want to go home" she yelled stomping upstairs making me scream back in frustration.
      She's been getting so moody lately and I just couldn't take it anymore. Between her and my stress I was going to die an early death. "Um hello" I heard Tristan say. "Whatever" I said stomping upstairs and slamming the door.
        I heard a knock on the door and heard it open. "Can I come in?" I heard Tristan ask. "I don't care it's your room" I said putting the pillow back over my head. "I talked to Kenny" he said sitting down next to me and rubbing my back. "What did it say?" I asked not looking at him. "That she's sorry and she wants to apologize" he said. "She's lying. Plus, I'm happy your back" I said looking at him from under the pillow smiling at him.
         "How was your trip?" I asked. "Boring and dull" he exclaimed. "And lonely" he frowned. "Well I told you I could come with you" I told him. "You can't yet. But soon" he exclaimed kissing me. "Now what's with all the fighting?" He asked. "I'm stressed and I'm taking it out on her. I'm a bad sister" I sighed putting my head under the pillow. "No, you're not" he reassured.
         "I see you're looking for a new house when you don't need to. You can stay here. It's more than enough space" he exclaimed, and I looked at him weary like. "Babe we're already mates. We just have yet to do the process." He said.
         "Ok but what if we break up?" I exclaimed. "That won't ever happen" he said nonchalantly. "But I'm not a werewolf" I said. "Human mates are possible but once we're mated you will feel the bond even more" he said. "Can I think about it?" I asked. "Sure" he sighed sounding a little upset.
        As of lately I've been keeping my distance from Tristan. I've been writing down all my questions I had for him. It's only been a day or two, but I just slept in another room of the house. I just wanted my time to think and really decide if I wanted to do this. I heard a knock on the door and told them to come in.
       "Are you getting ready?" I Kenny asked me from the door, and I nodded slipping on the black off the shoulder dress that stopped a little above my ankles. It was sleek yet sexy fitting to my every curve and showing just enough cleavage.
        "Since you're going out with Tristan does that mean we're staying?" She asked. "Why do you want to stay here so badly?" I asked sitting down next to her. "Because Tristan is nice, and his family is nice" she said. "And if you stay with him, we can get our old family back" she said looking down. "Aw Kenny" I frowned lifting her chin so she could look me in the eyes.
         "I'm sorry that I can't give you the family we had before but me and you will always make a family no matter what, and I promise you that" I said feeling my heart break for her. I pulled her in for a hug and hugged her tightly.
       "You look amazing" Tristan said holding the door open for me. "Thank you" I smiled stepping inside the restaurant. He had taken us to the next town over which was a bit larger and more city like. It was no more than twenty minutes out which wasn't bad. He looked so handsome with his black pants and turtleneck. Plus, the fact that we both decided to wear black was also kind of cute.
      "What are you going to get?" I asked looking at the menu. "Probably steak or chicken" he said looking at me making me blush. "Stop" I gushed hiding behind the menu more. "I can't help it" he exclaimed. "Good evening. I'm Alyssa and I'll be your server. Any wine to start?" She asked looking directly at Tristan which was making me mad. How dare she look at him. Bitch. "Babe what kind of wine would you like?" He asked looking at me making her look at me kind of annoyed. "Red" I exclaimed. "I'll have the same, and while your here we're going to order" he said.
       "I'll take the steak and steamed asparagus over risotto. For my steak I'll take it rare, and my asparagus crispy. And for my beautiful girlfriend she'll take the glazed turkey breast with the truffle Mac." He smiled handing her the menus and shooing her away. "How did you know what I was going to like?" I asked smirking at him.
       "Well I've known you for some time now. Plus, everything else wouldn't have interest you. You eat like you're a five year old" he smiled making me laugh. "Try feeding a five year old things that's good for them, and then tell me how it goes?" I smirked at him.