Chapter 42

SEVEN YEARS LATER

          "Shh he's coming" I said to everyone as I turned the lights off and hiding behind the couch. "Babe I'm home" Tristan called. "I'm here" I yelled out. I saw him come in and turn the light on making everyone jump out and yell surprise making him visibly relax. "Happy birthday" we yelled. "Happy birthday daddy" our five year old son Davis smiled running up to him and jumping in his arms.
         "Thanks buddy" he smiled tickling his stomach making him laugh. He was Tristan's twin. "Happy birthday" I smiled kissing him. "Thank you" he smiled kissing me back. "Really guys" Kenny smiled from behind me. "Yeah. Really guys" Tegan laughed. "Don't agree with her" I pointed "she's grounded" I frowned. "Fine. Whatever" Kenny shrugged and walked off.
         "Are you ever going to let her off the hook?" Tristan asked looking at me. "Soon" I exclaimed. Last weekend when we went out, she threw a party while babysitting Davis. "She's a teenager." Quinn smiled as Connor brought her a large plate of food and kissing her while rubbing her belly. "Thanks babe" she smiled.
        "Where's Liv and Troy?" Tristan asked. "Probably running late as usual." I exclaimed just as the doorbell rang. "Look at that right on time" I said going to answer it. "Sorry were late the boys took way too long to get ready" Liv smiled. "It's fine. We haven't had cake yet" I smiled letting them in. "Was he surprised?" She asked. "Yeah" I smiled. "No, I wasn't" he said coming up behind me. "Yeah you were" I smiled.
        "Come on let's get this dinner started I'm starving" Tristan smiled as we walked towards the dining room. "The spread looks great as always" Dana smiled sitting down. "Thanks" I smiled sitting down as we started placing the food on our plates.
        I felt the bed move letting me know that Tristan finally came to bed. "How was it?" I asked snuggling into him. "He was out like a light after the second page" he smiled making me laugh. "You know it's still my birthday" he smiled. "I know" I said kissing him and climbing on top of him. "You still have one more present" I exclaimed sliding my hands up his shirt. "Oh really" he smiled wagging his eyebrows. "Yep" I nodded reaching over into the draw and giving him the box.
         He looked at it and opened it up freezing. "Really?" He asked and I nodded. "I took the test this morning" I smiled. "I love you so much" he smiled kissing me deeply. "This is the best gift I've ever received" he smiled making me smiled. "Thank you" I said kissing him. "Why are you thanking me" he said dumbfounded "I should be thanking you" he smiled. "No" I exclaimed shaking my head. "You accepted me with open arms, protected me, and loved me" I said kissing him deeply. "You're my mate. I wouldn't have it any other way" he replied kissing me. "Now get out these clothes" he smiled "unless you don't want them" he exclaimed rolling us over making me laugh.