Chapter 19

"Where are we going?" I asked as we drove along the dark winding road. "Somewhere" Tristan winked. We drove for a few more minutes before we stopped at the woods.
       "Are we going to the clearing?" I asked. "Yes. We're going to have a moonlight picnic. Since you must know everything" he exclaimed. "Ok but only if you carry me" I smiled. "Fine" he said rolling his eyes as I hopped on his back. He walked for about five minutes before we came to the clearing.
        "You did this?" I asked and he nodded. It was beautiful. There were red rose petals on the ground and little tea light candles the electric ones. In the middle of the roses was a plush blanket and some pillows with a basket and some beer on ice. It was really beautiful. With the stars and the moon as our backdrop. I think someone is trying to get some and honestly I wouldn't even say no.
       "Come sit down" he said breaking me out of my daze. "This is really beautiful" I said feeling my eyes sting. No one has ever done anything this remotely romantic for me. "And I have all your favorites" he exclaimed opening the basket. He had fried chicken, spaghetti, salad, grapes, cheese, and cake. "You're trying time fatten next up" I smiled reaching for the chicken and taking a bite. It was actually pretty good.
       "Mhmm. This is really good" I chewed covering my mouth. "Thanks" he smiled. "I made it. I was kind of afraid you wouldn't like it" he blushed. Wow this is a different side of him. "It's honestly really good" I said wiping my mouth and kissing his cheek. "Can we eat?" I laughed looking at the food, and he nodded.
        We just laid under the blanket just listening to the music playing from the speaker Tristan brought up. Of all the dates we had this was the best. I couldn't picture anything better. I felt like I was an actual worry free girl without the responsibility of her sister, deranged step dad, and dead mom on the weight of her shoulders. I felt guilty now that I wasn't thinking of them.
        "How can we relax when your thoughts are so loud?" Tristan smiled looking at me making me chuckle. "How did you know I'm thinking about stuff?" I asked looking at him. "Because you tense up. Plus, your face is a dead giveaway" he said kissing me. I really missed him. Being with him wouldn't be so bad. Plus, I would be heartbroken if I couldn't be with him anymore.
        "What's on your mind?" He asked. "Everything" I sighed snuggling into him more. "Like" he pried. "Kenny, Paul, my mom, you, our situation, and a whole bunch of other crap" I explained. "Talk to me about it" he said rubbing his thumb over my cheek making me smile at his touch. "I feel guilty that I'm out here having fun and being carefree" I sighed. "I've done nothing but bring you drama and pain." I frowned. "Plus. I feel guilty cause I haven't thought of my mom yet, and I feel guilty for moving Kenny across the world and not knowing why" I exclaimed feeling my eyes sting.
     "Don't feel guilty. You've been busy protecting Kenny, and she's a smart girl I'm pretty sure if you explain to her she'll understand. And I'm sure your mom would understand. Just as long, as Kenny is safe. Plus, she said this is the greatest adventure she's ever had." He exclaimed wiping the tears from my cheek. "Thank you for treating her so kindly" I sniffed. "She's and awesome kid" he smiled and kissed me. "I've missed this" I smiled looking at him. "Me too. We will never fight again" he said hugging me tighter.
       "Since were here we might as well talk. I have some questions." I said looking at him. "Fine" he sighed playing in my hair. "Ok. How long have you been a werewolf?" I asked. "Since before I was born." He answered. "How did you find out?" I questioned. "Well. I always knew. I mean this pack has been in my family for generations." He exclaimed. "Really?" I asked and he nodded. "And you're an alpha?" I asked confused, and he nodded.
      "I mean well technically I am but I'm not until I'm mated" he said making me look at him even with a confused look. "Ok there's two ways to become and alpha. You're either born into a line of lineage from the direct ancestor." He said. "Meaning you must have royal blood in you. Or you can take the position from a previous alpha. The second one is kind of tricky because if you have offspring then they have to fight for their right they won't just inherit the title like me." He exclaimed.
       "So, you have the title because of your bloodline" I stated and he nodded. "Yes. But I can't do everything until I become fully mated." He exclaimed. "So, you have to ask your dad" I stated. "Troy" he exclaimed. "Really?" I questioned, and he nodded. "Troy is the oldest. So naturally it goes to him, but he gave up the title. So now it comes to me." He shrugged.
       "So, once we mate then you don't need his input?" I asked and he nodded. "And I'm assuming mate is the ceremony thingy Jackson and Veronica did" I said, and he nodded. "Which is why the pair you choose has to be mated." He exclaimed. "But we aren't mated" I stated. "I know. Which is why they did it before the full moon" he said.
       "So, do you turn and go psycho like the movies" I asked, and he laughed. "No" he chuckled "Maybe young wolves but we just get stronger and easily agitated. Our powers and emotions grow during that time, so we are extra emotional" he smiled. "So, after the wedding you didn't leave?" I asked and he shook his head making me frown.
       "We could've spent that time together. I wouldn't have bothered you" I pouted. "As nice as that would've been. I was way under the influence" he said. "So, you were too drunk?" I asked. "No. As an alpha, my blood is very powerful. So, my temper and my emotions are at an all time high" he exclaimed. "And I wouldn't have controlled myself" he said. "Ooh. Maybe next time" I said playing with his hand in mine. "Honestly the next moon is in a couple days, and I won't be able to be around you." He frowned. "Well then I guess I should get all my kisses now" I said leaning up and kissing him. "Mhmm kiss away then" he smiled deepening the kiss.