Chapter 37

Lately everyone's been on edge since we haven't heard from Conner in about two weeks. We were sitting at the dinner table when we heard the doorbell ring and I went to get up and get it. "I'll get it" Tegan said getting up and getting the door.
       A few seconds later we heard an ear piercing scream making us run to the door. It was Tegan and she was holding a badly beaten and bloody Connor. "Kenny go to your room" I said covering her eyes. "Is he ok?" She asked. "I'm not sure but I need you to go to your room right now" I said pushing her towards the stairs.
        "Here bring him in the house" I said as Tristan grabbed him and placed him on the couch. "Tegan go and get the first aid kit and some water. I'll get him some fresh clothes" I said looking at her. "I'll call Troy, Jackson, and Charles" Tristan said as I ran upstairs and got a shirt and some pants of Tristan's and ran right back downstairs to find Tristan cutting Connor's clothes off.
        "Here, I have the first aid kit." Tegan said bringing the first aid kit and a bucket of water. "Charles will be here soon" Tristan said looking at me. I open the first aid kit and pour the alcohol into the water and gave Tegan a rag to wipe all the blood of him. He went to say something but hissed when we started to clean him off.
       "Don't speak" Tegan said continuing to wipe him off. "He's been shot" she said looking at the hole in his side that would stop bleeding. "Don't touch it" Tristan said grabbing her hand. "It's silver and laced with poison" he exclaimed. "But if we don't take it out then he'll bleed to death" she exclaimed.
       "Here I'll do it" I exclaimed grabbing a pair of tweezers and dipping them in alcohol. "Wait" Tristan said holding his arms and motioned towards his arms making Tegan hold them down.
        "Ok. Ready" I said pouring the alcohol on it nailing him scream in pain. I felt around the hole trying to find the bullet making him groan in pain. A second later I found it and pushed on it making him bleed heavily. I pushed it hard towards the opening making him scream even more and used the tweezers to grab the bullet. Once I got a good grip on it, I pulled it out quickly making him scream even more and pass out. I dropped the bullet in the dirty water and covered his wound until Charles got here.
         Troy, Jackson, Tegan, and I waited in the living room for Charles to give us the verdict on Connor. I looked over at the couch and saw it was covered in dirt and blood. "Alpha Sawyer" Charles said coming downstairs making us all stand up. "How is he?" Tegan asked eagerly.
         "Right now, it's touch and go" Charles said gravely "Between the poison, the bullet, and his injuries he's very fickle right now. I have him set up on an IV drip to flush the poison. I really think we should take him to a hospital so he can be watched more carefully" Charles offered. "It's fine Charles I'm going to be here watching him" Troy said.
        "Ok. Well here's the pain pills he'll need and some antibiotics, and another IV. He should be fine by in three days. Call me if his situation worsens" Charles said shaking everyone's hand as Tegan ran upstairs like a woman on fire. "I'll walk you out" I smiled walking him to the door. "What are we going to do?" I heard Jackson ask Tristan. "We're gonna prepare for a war" he said making my heart squeeze.
        "Get all of the warrior's together and start the training. Also, anyone over eighteen can volunteer but they have to be eighteen" Tristan exclaimed. "Ok I'll call Mike and get everything in order" Jackson said pulling his phone out.
        "Which means you, Kenny, Tee, and Connor should get going" Tristan said to me making me frown and sigh. "I guess I'll go and pack" I said looking at him and walking upstairs.
          "Please don't make me go" I said hugging him feeling my eyes water. "You have to. If Kyle and Paul are working together then that means that they both will stop at nothing to hurt you" he said kissing me making my crying start again. "Ok" I sniffed as he wiped my eyes. "Be careful, and don't go and try to be a hero. Be an alpha and think about me" I said kissing him. "And if you die, I will bring you back personally and kill you" I exclaimed poking him in his chest.
         "Please be careful" I cried kissing him and getting into the car and driving off. "We're gonna come back right?" Kenny asked and I nodded. "Yeah" I sighed as followed the long winding road. "How long till we get to the Northwell territory?" I asked. "A couple of hours" Connor said. "I can take over if you want" he said looking at me. "It's fine. I need to keep my mind occupied" I smiled thinking of Tristan. "What the hell?" I said pulling to a slow stop. There were two big Escalade trucks blocking the road. "It's Kyle" Connor said. "How do you know?" I asked looking at him.
        "I'm sorry" he exclaimed looking at me sadly. "Put Kenny in the trunk under the bags and tell her not to make a sound" he said getting out the car. "Kenny" I called waking her. "Shhh" I shushed her and Tegan pointing towards Connor. "Put her in the trunk" I said to Tegan as I got out the car to buy us some time. "You must be the beautiful Quinn" Kyle smiled. He was tall and handsome. A bit on the skinny side. His hair was blonde, and he had a long scar from his left eye to his chin.
        "Good job Connor. Thought this was going to be a waste" he smiled shooting Connor in the chest making him fall to the floor as a scream escaped my mouth. "No" Tegan screamed running from the car. "Aht" Kyle said pointing the gun at her. "Unless you want to join him" he smiled sinisterly "I suggest you stop and think about your next move" he said as I felt something cool against the back of my head.
         "Now that I have everyone's attention" he said. "Any sudden movements or hasty hero actions. Then your sissy here" he pointed to me "gets a makeover of a lifetime" he smiled as I heard the click of the gun. "Now round them up" he said walking towards the car as the guy behind me put cuffs on me and Tegan making her hiss.
        "Silver just in case you try anything" the guy said pushing me to the car. "Wait" he said as the guys turned us around. "Where's the girl?" He asked. "What girl?" I asked playing dumb. "Don't play with me bitch" he said stalking towards me. "Where is she?" He asked. "I don't know what you're talking about?" I said looking him directly in his eyes making him slap me hard and fall to the ground.
         "Now I'm not going to ask again. Where is she?" He asked looking down at me. I could taste that metallic like taste in my mouth signaling that my mouth was bleeding. "Answer me" he said kicking me in my stomach making me cry out in pain. "Stop" I heard Tegan yell but all I could focus on was the pain. "Where is she?" He kicked again making me cry out again. I felt the tears pool in my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. I wouldn't let him see me cry.
         "You got one more time" he said pointing the gun at me hearing it click. "Five. Four. Three. Two" he counted. "She's with Tristan" I heard Tegan yell. "We left her with Tristan" she exclaimed pulling against the cuffs. "See that wasn't so hard" he smiled at me. "But you know what. I'm gonna like breaking you in" he winked at me making me want to vomit. "Round them up and let's go" he said getting into the car.