[9]

✅Revised

You'll thank me after this chapter.

The new guy had just left the principal's office with Felix, his eyes down as the freckled boy rant about classes and teachers and too much homework or something like that.

The shorter wasn't listening anyway.

"Here is the caffeteria.", Felix noticed immediately how the guy flinched, stepping away from the doors. "You okay?"

He nodded, eyes wide open.

"I just don't really like crowds, they make me nervous.", he shot an apologetic smile to the taller, while Felix's eyes softened.

"Don't worry, I got your back.", he bit his lip. "I wanted to introduce you to my group but we are usually bullied, my friend Seungmin is home right now because of that."

The new guy looked up and straightened his glasses.

"Home? Was he like, beaten up or something?"

Felix nodded.

"Those are the populares.", he pointed to a table where three guys sat down, Nara next to Hyunjin and another of her friends by her side. "Chan is older than all of us, he's doing 12 grade for the second time. The smaller one is Changbin, he's not even actually a bully, he just hangs with them, even if I'll never admit that to his face. The last one there is Hyunjin, the one who's got Seungmin home by beating him up."

The new guy stared at the table, wrinkling his nose.

"He looks like an idiot, they all do."

"You got that right, pal."  Felix's eyes widened as he saw Chan smirking, getting up and walking to Jeongin's direction. The guy sat alone while playing something on his phone. "Shit, I really need to go before my friend and Chan set the school on fire. I'm sorry."

The shorter nodded.

"Can I-i go w-with you?"

Felix smiled and pulled him by his hand, reaching the table at the same time Chan did.

"Oh, your personal guard arrived, and I thought I'd get a moment alone with you."

Jeongin scoffed and kept staring at his phone, not even noticing the guy he never saw before standing right next to Felix.

"I'm sorry to break it to you, and I feel flattered, really, but I'm straight, Chan."

The older rose a bit, not expecting that answer, and tried to emend it.

"I didn't me-"

"Also, I'd never date someone as old as you. You're basically decomposing already.", he stared at Chan's shocked and angry face and pretended to be confused. "What are you again? 29?30?"

Chan's fists turned into balls and he took a deep breath.

"I am literally 20, Yang Jeongin."

The youngest shrugged and looked back at his phone.

"Whatever you say, grandpa."