Forever

You and George grabbed hands before walking out of the grate hall for a final time. You walked over to everyone who was crowded in a circle. You saw that they were crying and as you looked down to the ground you saw Remus holding Tonks in his arms, protecting her but they were both dead. Sirius took his shaking hand over and closed there eyes that were glazed over and then looked up at you, his cheeks stained with tears. 

'Y/n' He whispered to you. Remus was like a father to you and seeing his body was like seeing your own dads. In a matter of days the three most important people to you were dead and there was nothing you could do about it. You kneeled next to him and held his hand. Your eyes were burning but no tears fell down your cheeks because you had cried so much over Fred's body. You leaned down and kissed his cold cheek and smiled. 'I'll see you again Rem... someday, somewhere... but it's time for you to rest now. You put up a good fight...dad...' 

You stood and turned around not looking at anyone because you needed to be alone for a moment. You walked down to the lake. Fred took you on so many dates to the lake. You loved it there but it was different now. You hated it. It's crazy how one person can change your perspective on the way we look at things. You picked up a daisy from the grass. Fred always put them in your hair. You walked over to the edge of the water and placed it in there so it floated and pushed it in. You then placed another for Remus. Then another for the boy you saw in the corridor. And for the girl next to him. And for the couple in the courtyard. And for Tonks. You sat there for hours putting flowers into the lake until there was no flowers left to pick. You looked out as the sun began to set across the water and smiled. 

'It's beautiful y/n' a voice croaked behind you. You looked up as Hermione sat down next to you and grabbed your hand while looking out at the water. She didn't say anything but she didn't need to. The silence spoke so much. You leaned your head over onto her shoulder and started crying. She moved her other hand up to your cheek and held it there and kissed the top of your head, still not saying anything. 

You watched the flowers together as they started to crowed together. When you put them in, they were all alone but now they were starting to unite together. Everyone who lost their battle was together again. Forever.

 Forever