chapter 17

Despite what she felt a few days ago, she didn't leave. She couldn't get herself to go. As soon as she thought about leaving, her heart would ache. She physically couldn't do it.

Asli wanted answers for his sudden behaviour and she wasn't going to ask the Devil himself.

Who else could she ask? Lord Caine would know. She showered and changed into something modest, making sure she was covered as much as possible, but the longest dress she had was up to her knees. She walked out and went down, she didn't have his permission to leave, but she didn't care, just as he didn't care about her. She walked out, until she was some distance from the Castle. A guard was walking towards her and she stopped him. "Excuse me? Do you know where Lord Caine lives?" She asked looking at the guard with a hopeful expression. He nodded "I'll escort you there."

"Thank you, Sir." She bowed slightly. They walked in silence for about 10 minutes, until they stopped in front of a black Mansion. She walked up to the door and knocked softly. The door opened was opened by a beautiful lady, an inch or two shorter than Asli. "Can I help you?" She asked smiling. "I'm looking for Lord Caine." She said nervously, fidgeting with the sleeve of her dress. "Caine! There is someone at the door for you." She shouted, opening the door wider. "Come in."

Asli bowed slightly, stepping inside the dimly lit house. She guided her to their sitting area and gestured Asli to sit. She waited for him to come and see her, he took about 10 minutes. "I wasn't expecting anyone today, I promise." He frowned at the young lady who opened the door. He walked in surprise taking over his features. "Asli?" He asked concerned. She took a deep breath as he came down and sat beside her, unintentionally shuffling further away from him.

"Meet my partner, Christine." He said introducing the young woman. She snapped her head up to look at her and then glared at Caine. He chuckled at her expression, knowing exactly why she was looking at him like that. "What did you say her name was?" Christine asked, staring at her intently. "Asli." She stated. "You mean, The Asli. Born 22 years ago?" She asked shock taking over her face. Asli nodded hesitantly. "You know her?" Asked Caine just as confused as Asli. "Yes. She was young when I... ran away." She said looking away.

"I'm so sorry. I'm just surprised to see you here, out of all the places in the worlds." She apologised, embarrassed. "You guys talk, I'll grab some drinks." She said getting up.

Asli stayed quiet and stared down at her lap. "What are you doing here? Does Samael know you are wandering around Hell?" He asked sternly, crossing his arms and leaning back on the sofa. She shrugged at him.

"Do you know why he kicked me out?" She asked shakily. "He what?!" He growled sitting up. "Fuck. I didn't think he was that fucking stupid." He frowned.

"Is there something wrong with me?" She asked looking up at him tears in her eyes.

"Asli... there is nothing wrong with you? Do you know why God sent you here?" He asked continuing to frown.

"No... I didn't even know I was meant stay here, until he read the message out to me." She said pursing her lips. He shook his head disapprovingly.

"Is it okay if I sit here, or do you want to talk alone?" Asked Christine, both Caine and her looking at Asli. "Oh, sorry I didn't know you were talking to me. I don't mind as long as you don't tell anyone what we spoke about." She stated nervously, looking at both of them. "Don't be silly." She said waving her hand in the air.

"Asli, all I can tell you is I know he is just as miserable as you." He paused as she laughed humourlessly at him. "He's not. He is having the time of his life."

"What do you mean?" Caine asked. "He's had women over." She said embarrassed. Caine stood up enraged, storming out. "Stop him!" She gasped, standing up and running after him. "Caine." Said Christine softly, grabbing his hand. Caine's eyes were dark, completely black. "Can we please finish talking." Pleaded Asli. Caine took a deep breath, sitting down.

"Asli, how do you feel about him?" Asked Caine relaxing, slightly. Christine sat in his lap, running her fingers through his dark hair. Asli blushed stuttering "Uh... I don't know." She lied. The couple smiled at the innocent Angel. "That blush on your cheeks tells us exactly what we need to know." Giggled Christine. "Tell me Asli. I need to know." Said Caine seriously. "Without him I feel empty, like something is missing. I just... I lo- like him." She stuttered hoping they wouldn't catch on the L-word. Christine looked up at Caine, they both felt bad for Asli, they did catch on the her 'mistake'.

"He marked you, Asli. He's bonded to you forever." Said Caine, telling her what she deserved to know. "I've marked Christine the same way, it's how we claim who belongs to us." He stated, gently moving Christine's hair to show a dark mark on her neck. Christine looked up at him lovingly, kissing his cheek. "It won't go away?" She asked hoping the answer would be yes. He shook his head pursing his lips. "What if you bite someone by accident?"

"It's not possible. You can't bite someone by accident, it's a natural, but rare occurrence, it can only happen if you are destined." He explained. "There has to be some kind of mistake." Asli shook her head denying what Caine told her.

"He isn't sleeping with them, Asli." He sighed. "He is." She stated, rolling her eyes. "He can't, physically he can't. They won't be able to turn him on, their touch has lost all effect on his body, he can try, but it doesn't work. I should've never told him to sleep with anyone else." He mused at the end.

Both Christine and Asli glared at him. "You what?" She shrieked, getting up. "Asli, listen to me. I tried to explain the bond to him. He apparently doesn't know a thing about it. I asked him why he was so possessive of you, why he doesn't let anyone near you, you saw how he reacted when I touched you, yet my touch was not inappropriate. I was just explaining it to him, but I thought he would understand. Believe me, he isn't sleeping with them even if he is bringing home a new girl everyday. He is probably trying to distance you from himself. Trying to prove to himself that he doesn't need you, that he doesn't love you and in the end he will come crawling back to you, like I did. And then it will be your choice, do what you want to do. Make him earn his forgiveness... or never forgive him at all." He explained.

"I'm sorry for my reaction Lord Caine. What am I supposed to do?" She sighed dropping back on the sofa. "Call me Caine. I suggest you wait it out. You have to understand Asli, he is The Devil, he has a lot to think about when he takes you on as an equal. He's just in denial, he will come around."

She stood up, feeling tears in her eyes and nodded. "I'll get going. Sorry for coming over uninvited. I didn't know who else to ask." She apologised and bowed down slightly.

"You're more than welcome to come back again, Asli. Don't leave the Castle unprotected, you are in danger. If you need to come around again, send a guard to pass on the message, I'll send someone trustworthy." He warned.

Caine called some guards to escort her back in a carriage. Asli made her way up the stairs to her room, she wanted to see him so badly but she refused, she wouldn't even show her face to him, until her came to her and begged her for forgiveness.

_________________

What do we think hmmmmm?

Will Samael come around soon enough or will he realise toooo late?

Anyways, let me know what you think!

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

My number of 'views or reads' increase but not many people vote, it means everything to me if you could press that tiny button. And thanks to those that do!!

Z.A.B