chapter 31

When Asli opened her eyes the next morning, she felt nervous, sick, and excited at once. She stripped naked and went to the bathroom.

She showered quickly, pulling out another black lacy dress with matching panties and black leather pumps. The dress reached her mid-thigh and hugged her body tightly. She turned around to check her back.

It was perfect.

Her heels tapped against the floor as she made her way to his office in search of him. She knocked, but there was no answer. Her heart was pounding when she opened the door. It was empty. There were stacks of files and papers on the desk. But no sign of him. She sighed with disappointment.

She closed the door and thought about where else he could be. He was angry at her, and she saw that as soon as she stepped in. He wouldn't be in her bedroom.

The only other place she could think about was the dungeon.

She walked down the stairs, taking her time, but as she got closer, her heart raced with nervousness. She opened the doors as quietly as possible and walked down the steps to enter the basement. He was sitting on the throne with his eyes closed. His skin was red, and his black wings spread out wide behind him. His fangs were elongated over his lips.

"What are you doing here?" He grit out.

She didn't answer him and walked towards him, standing right in front of him. His black eyes opened and looked her up and down, drinking in how beautiful she looked in the dress. "Samael." She whispered, feeling her throat tighten with emotion. She walked up the steps to the throne, hesitantly sitting down on his lap. When he didn't make a move to hold her, she called him again but was met with silence.

"You don't want me anymore?" She asked quietly.

"I do." He answered.

She got off his lap and grabbed his forearm, pulling him up. He gave into her pull, letting her guide him. The guards watched with surprise as she held his hand. She opened the door to their bedroom and pushed him until he fell back on the bed. She watched him turn back to himself.

He was calm.

He sat up against the headboard and stared ahead. He was completely naked. Asli took off her heels and straddled his lap, but he still didn't touch her. She held his face in both her hands, taking him in fully. He wouldn't meet her eyes. He looked distraught, stressed, and guilty.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, swallowing the lump in her throat. She pressed herself against him, feeling tears fill her eyes. "I'm so sorry for everything I said to you, everything I blamed you for. For disobeying you, if I listened to you, I wouldn't have been kidnapped and ra-"

"No, Asli. Don't ever apologise to me for getting raped. It wasn't your fault." He said angrily. The Devil felt his heart ache at the sight of her tear stained face. "Don't cry, Asli. I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone. It was so stupid of me. I shouldn't have done anything to hurt you. I'm sorry for treating you like you are nothing. For being disloyal to you." He apologised, pressing his forehead to hers.

"Please hold me?" She asked sweetly, a soft blush colouring her cheeks. He wrapped his arms around in an instant, pulling her against his chest, stroking her bare back. They both sighed, feeling content after weeks of torments.

Asli was almost asleep until she thought of Alaris. She felt anger surge through her body, and she pulled away from him. Samael stared at her with wide eyes as hers turned black.

"What did you do to Alaris." She asked shakily. "I chopped his dick of, piece by piece, every time he healed himself, with an axe, and then set him on eternal fire in Hell."