chapter 23

Everything that he did reminded him of Asli, wherever he went, whatever he did, how he slept. He wanted to feel the warmth of her body again. He would do anything to get her back, he would abandon Hell to find her. He wanted her back.

He fell asleep in his office chair, clutching the book in his arms. 'Samael.' He jerked up from his seat. He heard her, he was so sure he heard her calling him. 'Please help me.' She begged. 'Asli, where are you.' He asked focusing on her, but there was no answer. He ran out as fast as he could, running to Caine.

He kicked their door open, to see Caine cuddled up to Christine as her Wings were spread out behind her. Caine jumped up ready to kill whoever came in.

"She's Alive." He said, gasping for air. "How do you know?" Caine asked. "I can hear here, she's calling for my help." He answered, his eyes darkening. "Samael..." said Caine sympathetically. "I'm not hearing voices. She's alive. I can feel it." He said. Samael beast was clawing to find her.

Caine nodded, not believing his dear friend, he was hearing voices. It had been 5 days since Asli had passed, but now he was even hearing her voice. It wasn't possible. They had searched for her all over Hell, to find a piece of her, but there was no sign of her.

After searching for her all over Hell again, Samael hadn't given up, he was so sure that she was still out there. He knew there was only one place where she could be if she had escaped from Alaris.

Heaven.

He didn't care that he wasn't allowed there ever again, but if that meant that he would get to see her again, he was ready for any punishment.

He left Caine in charge until he was gone, he wouldn't know when he would come back, but he would only return if he found Asli and he would search for her even if it took him thousands of years.

He flew to the Western void, which was the way to heaven. He stared out into the darkness, he would do anything for her. "Please be there Asli." He begged. He flew backwards, giving himself enough space to reach the speed he would need to enter the void. He charged at full speed, getting sucked into the void and entering Heaven.

He landed gracefully on his feet, walking straight towards the pristine Palace of Heaven. Everything seemed so familiar yet different. Angels hid from him, realising that the Devil was walking amongst them. They all feared him, except Asli. She was the only one who accepted him as he was. He walked into the main Hall, where he was once the highest-ranked Angel and banished at once.

"Where are you, old man?" He shouted, asking for God. There was silence for a moment until he saw a bright light forming in the room. "Where is she?" He asked not waiting for him to say anything. "Who?" Asked God.

"Asli, I want her right now. Where is she?" He asked impatiently. "She was with you wasn't she?" He asked tauntingly. "I know she is here." The Devil clenched his fists tightly. "She isn't here Samael, you are wasting your time." He answered.

Samael shook his head in denial. "Is she dead?" He asked, falling to his knees. God stayed silent, only adding to the Devil's pain. "Please, God. Answer me." He begged, looking up at the bright light. Angels who were watching gasped, seeing him vulnerable, all they heard were horror stories, but this was not the same Devil anymore.

"She's alive." He answered, feeling his favourite angel's pain. "Please let me meet her once." He said looking up at him desperately. "She's not here."

"You're lying. I know you are hiding her from me." He spat getting up. "I do not need to lie to you. If she was here, I would've sent her away with you in an instant, despite the way you treated her. She was my most precious Angel, yet you still didn't know how to take care of her. All I will tell you is she is barely alive." He scolded the Devil.

"Please tell me where she is?" He asked again. "You should search where she was taken, you will find a clue there. I can't tell you anything else. If you're worthy of her, you will find her." Said God, leaving him in an instant.

She was alive.

He flew back entering the void back to Hell and flew to Caine. It was past midnight, but he didn't care. He kicked his door open and shouted for him to come down. Caine came down scowling at the Devil, this was the third time he broke his door. "I went to heaven and-"

"You WHAT?" Asked Caine astonished. "God told me she was still alive." He said placing his hands on Caine's shoulders. "So where is she?" Asked Caine confused.

"He said to search where she was taken to. Do you have a map on hand?" Asked the Devil. Caine nodded walking up to his study with Samael following him closely.

They stared at the map, marking out where she was held, hostage. "Maybe we missed a place while searching for her?" Suggested Samael. Caine shook his head. "We used the best hunters to search for her, her scent ended here." He said drawing a line, which indicated the end of their world.

"What if she flew to the other side?" Asked Samael. "Impossible. She was too injured. Didn't you see how much... blood there was on the table?" Said Caine, looking at Samael's dark eyes as she remembered how she was tortured.

"What if she healed herself?" Suggested Samael. Caine sighed thoughtfully. "Then yes, it's possible she was able to get through."

Samael stood up, already leaving. "Samael you should rest." Said Caine concerned for his friend. He hadn't rested since he thought he lost her. "I can't rest, not until I find her." He said giving Caine one last look, before flying off in the air.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Here's the next chapter. I hope you guys like it!!

Please remember to Vote and leave your thoughts!

Z.A.B