chapter 29

He decided to call both Caine and Christine over. His Angel would probably need some company. He sent out a message to him and called them over.

Asli spent all day lying in bed, resting herself until she got better. Samael hadn't come to her since she arrived, she didn't know why. Her door opened, and she sat up to see Samael, Caine, and Christine stepping in. Samael watched her whole face light up at the sight of them. There was once a time when she looked at him the same way.

She stood up, and Samael immediately rushed over. Seeing that she would fall, he held her arm, steadying her. She looked up in his eyes after so long that neither of them were able to look away. She saw pain and another emotion in his eyes, swallowing at the intensity of it.

Caine cleared his throat loudly, making Christine hit him on the arm. They both pulled away from each other, embarrassed. She slowly walked up to Caine and hugged him tightly. He looked down at her surprised. Samael watched with jealousy and sadness. She didn't even look at him properly. Caine hugged her back, patting the top of her head. "It's good to have you back Asli." He smiled. Christine immediately hugged Asli, kissing her cheeks. "We were so worried about you. I'm so happy to see you back." She grinned.

"Caine and I will be busy downstairs. You can stay upstairs if you like." Said Samael, walking out with Caine following behind him. Christine urged Asli to sit down again and decided to talk.

"How are you doing, my dear?" She asked concerned, pushing Asli's hair behind her ear. "I'm okay. How are you both?" She asked softly, looking down at her lap. "We're okay, been worried about you and Samael."

Asli nodded, staying quiet. "We thought you were dead, Asli. Samael went crazy. He stayed in the same room you were kidnapped in for 2 days, only because Alaris told him you were dead." She explained.

"Then he came home and kept himself locked up in your room and just cried. We had never seen him so upset before. Then, one night, he barged into our house, saying he heard your voice. We thought he went crazy, but he wasn't he was right." She said, shaking her head happily. "Was he really upset?" She asked, not believing a word. "You wouldn't believe it. He just cried." She frowned sadly.

Asli swallowed, upset. He deserved it, she thought, but couldn't even get herself to agree to it. Christine and Asli talked for hours as she explained everything that had happened.

Downstairs, Samael glared at the table, unable to keep his feelings hidden.

"Trouble in Paradise?" Asked Caine to mock him. Samael growled at him, his eyes flashing black.

"How's she doing?" He asked again, all humour leaving his voice. Samaels expression softened a little bit, but his eyes remained black.

"Better. She's almost fully healed." He answered shortly.

"How are you both doing?"

He stayed silent, trying to find words that could describe their current relationship with esch other.

"Distant."

He patted his knee sympathetically, pursing his lips.
"Give her time. She's been through a lot."

Samael knew that, obviously. He wanted to be there for Asli, make her feel secure and cared for, but she didn't want him anywhere close.

He didn't like the way she hid herself from him. Did she think he would do the same to her as Alaris? The thought alone felt like a hole was punched through his chest. He never meant to hurt her. He just wanted what was best for her.

"She needs to heal from the trauma. You know Angels only have one soulmate their whole life. They are private. They can't think about anyone else but their partner... you know Alaris hurt her in a way that none of us imagined. You will have to be patient. She will come around eventually." He consoled. Samael knew it already, but he just wasn't sure if his old Asli would return to him. But Caine was right. He had to be patient. If it meant that he had to start from scratch to earn her trust, then he would. He needed her.

All this talk about her abduction had her overwhelemed again. She didn't want to relive those memories again, but as Christine told her everything, it all started to come back again. She wanted to forget it all. Forever. Buried in the back of her mind.

Asli felt tired but didn't say anything to Christine, making her smile. "You should rest. I'll see how they are getting along downstairs."

Asli smiled guiltily. "Sorry."

"Goodnight, my dear." She laughed. Samael and Caine just finished finalising their plans as she came downstairs. "Are you done yet?" She asked, sitting down in his lap. "Yes, my love." He smirked, kissing her mark. "Christine, I'm sorry for hurting you and Caine. I just hope...-"

"Don't worry about it Master Samael. I understand your reasoning. I'm sure Caine would have reacted similarly. " She smiled sympathetically.

"Thanks for coming over." He said, standing up and showing both of them out. When he walked back into his office, he contemplated visiting his Angel. He hadn't heard her or seen her for a few hours. He would take any excuse to see her.

He made his way up and opened the door carefully, not to startle her. The room was dimly lit, and she lay in the middle of the bed with his blanket wrapped around her. He laid down in front of her, brushing her unruly curls away from her face. She was stunning, even asleep. She made his heart react strangely, in a way that had he had never experienced. She whimpered in her sleep, a frown marring her sweet face. He immediately brushed his fingers over her cheeks to soothe her.

"I'm right here, sweetheart." He whispered softly.

He watched as her face relaxed, and a brief smile played at her lips.

"I'm so sorry, I hope you will forgive me one day."

He unwillingly moved off the bed and made his way to the door again, giving her one last look. How badly he wanted to stay near her. But that might frighten her even more. He debated on staying in the room until she woke up, but he didn't want to break the slight trust she had in him of keeping his distance. He sighed and left before any other intrusive thoughts entered his mind.

He just thought about their moment earlier and smiled to himself. The world had stopped for that brief moment. He felt some hope of everything returning to normal.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

New Chap!!! Enjoy.

Please Vote.

Z.A.B