chapter 26

It was the last day and he did nothing to convince Asli to come with him. He didn't know what to say to her, how to confess what he was actually feeling. How to beg for forgiveness. There were no words for what he felt on the inside. His words would be underwhelming compared to what he felt. His heart ached, knowing that he had lost her even after finding her. And if he had the chance to take it back and go back in time and change everything, he would.

After many days she allowed him to come to see her today. He got up and walked to her room, staring at the floor. She didn't acknowledge his presence and sat still. Her back had healed faster since he had arrived, especially when he spent hours healing her. She stayed silent and waited for him to say anything. 

"I'm leaving today Asli. I'm not going to ask for forgiveness, because I know what I have done can never be forgiven. You're always welcome to come and visit Caine and Christine if you wish."

He pushed himself off the wall ready to leave her there. He didn't look at her, but tears were streaming down her face and he could hear her quiet sobs, no matter how hard she tried.

"Samael." He snapped his head up to the side where he heard the voice. The bright light illuminated the whole room, as God entered the room. "Asli."

She attempted to get out of bed to kneel respectfully, but God scolded her. "Stay in bed Asli." She nodded looking down at her lap. "I owe you some answers I believe." He said making Samael roll his eyes at him. Asli glared at him, making Samael look at the floor again.

"Long ago before Asli was born, I had a self-fulfilling vision that a baby angel would come into my world, she was the epitome of angels, and she would be my pride. My vision continued and I saw her in Hell, with you Samael." He explained.

"When Asli was born I knew that it was her, she was born with wings. I looked at the hundreds and thousands of possibilities of her future, every smallest decision she would take in her life, but they all lead to Hell. There was nothing I could've done to stop this from happening."

"So you just threw me away." She stated quietly, unable to hide her pain.

"No Asli. You would have met him one way or another, but if you met him, there would have been a war. A war that generations upon generations would have to suffer. Your friends from heaven and even in Hell wouldn't have survived it. Believe me, Asli, if there was a way I would have never sent you there, but you belong to each other. If there was a chance of you meeting peacefully, I would've done anything to make that happen." He answered.

"So that means, I'll never be allowed back to heaven? You're not here to take me?" She asked weakly. "You are, Asli, gates of heaven will always be open to you, but will you be able to live without him?"

"He hurt me, I- I was pregnant. He didn't protect me, he left for the sake of others. God, I got raped." She stated embarrassed. "So it's his fault?" Asked God. She nodded without any hesitation, looking down at her lap.

"You left his protection. He told you, you were in danger, but you didn't listen. You should've told him you were going, at least he would know you had left."
Samael was surprised that God was taking his side.

"So it's my fault?" She sobbed.

"Asli, my dear Angel. It was both of your faults. Your destiny changes with even the smallest decisions you take, had you not left you would've been safe. Had he not ignored you you would've been safe. Had you confronted him then perhaps this matter wouldn't get so far. You both could've prevented anything that you regret. This is why I had given Angels free will, they have a choice. He shouldn't have left you alone, but you shouldn't have left without telling him multiple times. You can't change what was destined, but you use that to make yourself stronger."

She hated the fact that whatever God was telling her made some sort of sense, but it wasn't fair. Why did she have to try to fix it when he was the one that wanted to leave? Her pain didn't lessen even after everything God said.

"What about my loss God, my child? I've been feeling so much pain. I can't even look at him." She argued, knowing he wouldn't listen to her.

"Have you thought, perhaps the pain you are feeling may be Samael? The loss you are feeling, was his when he thought you died. I know you're hurting my dear, but the pain you are feeling is Samael's." He said softly. Asli looked at Samael, to see tears in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

"Asli, the decision is yours now. You are destined together. I know Samael is harsh, stubborn, you name it, but I know he will take good care of you. Didn't I teach you to give people another chance? If you decide to not stay with him you can come back to Heaven. But remember the bond, the mark and anything else between you two, cannot be undone." He stated, she could a smile in his voice. There was an everlasting silence in the room, everyone held their breath to hear what she would say. Samael's heart was pounding with suspense.

She stared at Samael, with tears of anger running down her face. But he knew already what the answer would be. No matter what God had just told her she wouldn't agree...

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Hiiiiii. Here's the next chapter. It's short and sweet. (Not really) but I hope you guys enjoy it. I'm gonna try and finish this book ASAP, want to start on 'the wife' and after finishing 'betrothed' I want to start 'vampires pet', which will be a dark dark romance. I'm scared to write it because I know it will get too much, I know my brain is gonna get crazy AF with ideas.

Anyways lots of love,

Z.A.B