chapter 30

Asli got ready to go and see Christine. She just wanted to get out of the Castle, she was completely healthy and was able to put her wings away without any pain. She took a long and hot shower,

She pulled out a baby pink dress that came up to her knees. It was beautiful and flowy. She pulled out white matching heels and then quickly changed her clothes.

She walked out of her room and instantly bumped into someone. Samael grabbed her arms and steadied her. "Where are you going?" He asked, looking down at her. "To see Caine and Christine." She whispered, looking down. He didn't want her to go anywhere, but he didn't say anything. "Send a message for your return. I'll send someone or come myself."

"Okay." She answered softly. She walked down the steps carefully, not noticing Samael staring at her until she left. Samael spent the rest of the day in his room, laying down on the bed and sleeping. He was tired of sleeping in the office, and instead of seeing his beautiful angel, he had to stare at piles of files, papers, and books stacked on his table. Here, at least he was surrounded by her soft floral scent. It almost felt like she was lying beside him.

Neither of them knew that she was coming, but when they opened the door, they were very excited. Asli walked in and was quickly pulled into a hug by both of them. "Welcome back, my dear. I'm so excited to have you here. I'm so bored of seeing Caine all day." She teased.

"That's not what you were saying last night." He smirked, making Christine shove him back playfully.

They all sat down and had a good time together for the first time in 5 months. Although Asli was having fun, her mind kept wandering back to Samael. She kind of wished that he would've tagged along with her even though she didn't ask him.

Caine left for a while, leaving Christine and her alone.

"How are you doing?" She asked, giving her a comforting smile. She shrugged and looked down at the table.

"Okay, I guess."

"Talk to me, Asli. Maybe I can give you some advice."

"I- I don't know what to do..." she mumbled, her voice trembling with emotion. She felt vulnerable, having to bear her broken relationship. Usually, she knew what to do. But this was a different circumstance, one she never thought she would face. He had broken her heart and then bedded other females.

"Do you want to leave him?" She asked bluntly.

She thought about it. Her life in heaven would not be the same, and everyone would treat her differently. They probably knew what happened to her, too, which was embarrassing enough.

But putting all that aside, she felt incomplete without him. All these days, she's been yearning for him, fighting herself not to give in to the bond.

It was torturous.

"No." She replied quietly.

"Then why are you making yourself suffer?" She asked softly.

"Why should I not? I gave in to him, and now I'm suffering the consequences. I was hurt, tortured, and then found out that he was my other half. He even went as far as being physical with someone else."

"He did wrong, Asli. But I do not believe he slept with someone else..."

"How do you know?" She questioned, half curiously and half accusing.

"It's just not possible... I-... in the beginning of mine and Caine's relationship, something similar happened. He was completely out of it. Drunk. He came home, and there was a woman with him. Caine was hiding me in his home. He didn't know what was going on, but she was trying to take advantage of him. But his body was not reacting to her. Eventually, she left out of frustration. I was upset, but I couldn't blame him. He was almost completely passed out. I know Samael wasn't drunk, but he was in denial about you. He thought being distant would protect you."

Asli's lip trembled as she heard her story. How could he think distancing from her would protect her? She didn't have anyone here apart from him. She obeyed his rules, hardly argued, and if he wanted to keep their relationship a secret, she would've done so. But her heart agreed with Christine's logic. Her mind, however, didn't. All this could've been avoided if he had spoken to her about this. It was a childish reaction for him to start ignoring her.

They talked a little more before Caine came back home, giving both of them a smile.

"I'll go home now." She said, standing up.

"I'll walk you home." He stated, standing up with her, but she shook her head.

She was going to go home alone just to make him angry. She waited until the latest time possible to leave. Caine insisted that he would take her back, but she refused.

"Please, Asli, he will kill me." He pleaded. "I have a plan." She smiled shyly. "Let me take you halfway." She shook her head at him and looked at Christine for help.

"Caine, my love. She will be fine." She convinced, holding his arm. Not even Christine wanted her to leave alone, but she let her. Caine sighed "I hope your plan doesn't involved me getting killed, or Christine is never going to find another big dicked demon like me."

Christine's mouth fell open at what he said. Asli couldn't stop herself from laughing at both of them. "Alright, have fun. Byee." She waved leaving.

She hugged herself and walked back to the Castle, it was only a short walk, she could manage. She was afraid, but Alaris wasn't there to hurt her again. She stayed alert and sighed with relief when she got to the gates of the Mansion, almost wanting to run to safety. The guards opened the doors for, and she bowed, thanking them. Just as she walked in, she saw Samael walking down the steps in a hurry and stopped when he saw her.

He looked behind her to check if someone had dropped her, but there was no one. Asli bit her lip as she saw his eyes turn black with anger. He clenched his fists tightly by his side and took a deep breath before turning around and going back upstairs. She smiled successfully and walked up to her room.

He was angry at her for walking alone. She had defied him once again. He felt his beast clawing to be let out and teach her a lesson, but he didn't want to scare her off. He walked down to the dungeon, growling angrily as he shifted.

Asli slept in her room peacefully, not caring that he was angry. She slept all night and woke up the next day with a smile.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Back after long. Hope you enjoy the update!!!

Please remember to Vote.

Z.A.B