chapter 34

"What will you be doing today?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "I have a meeting with the Lords to appoint a new leader for the security department."

"Do you have anyone in mind?"

He shook his head before falling into a deep thought.

"Do you need me to come to the meeting?"

"You should rest, but I'll let you know."

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Caine and Samael sat together in his office, discussing the new plan and who to appoint as their security director.

"Have you got someone in mind?" Asked Samael, looking at his list of names that can be appointed. "No one is capable." He answered, shaking his head. "I have someone in mind... but I think it will cause a lot of disagreement." He said, leaning back in his chair and looking at him thoughtfully. "Who?" Caine furrowing his brows.

There was a moment of silence until he finally gave his answer, "Asli." He said, looking at him to gauge his reaction. Caine looked at him with surprise and then smirked. "Lady Asli. First female in our council. I can't think of anyone better."

"I think Mistress Asli sounds better, don't you think?" He suggested, letting out a chuckle at Caine's expression. "So it's official?" He asked, smiling. "I haven't asked her, but I want to finalize once I have Hell under control. They need to accept her as a person first and then as their Mistress."

Both men paused when there was a knock on the door and looked to see who it was. Asli walked in and froze. "Sorry, am I interrupting? I'll come back later." She rambled, embarrassed, closing the door. "Come in Asli, Caine was just leaving." He smirked.

"I was? Oh yes, Christine is waiting for me." He chuckled, catching on.

Asli smiled, walking up to Caine and hugging him. "Tell Christine I said hi." Caine patted her head before ruffling her hair. She pushed him away, glaring at him. "You're so annoying." She whined, fixing her hair.

"Bye." He laughed, walking out and shutting the door.

He sighed, feeling relieved whenever she was around him. She just gave him peace. She could change his mood like a flick of the switch.

"Asli, I'm so sorry. I'm so grateful that you gave me another chance. I can't believe I was stupid enough to let you go. You bring so much peace to my mind. Your smile changes my mood in an instance. It kills me knowing that you nearly died because of my stupidity." He confessed pained. Asli was taken aback slightly, things were going great, but he still wasn't able to get over them.

"Samael... I know it's not easy to forget, but we can work through it, right? I'm glad I chose to come back. Otherwise, I would have been miserable and regretted my decision."

Samael wrapped his arms around Asli. He needed her, only she could comfort him right now. He could care less about his image at this point. He needed her more than she needed him. Asli could feel his tension and need to have her close. She straddled his lap, pulling him against her chest and wrapping her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

They stayed in that position for some time before Samael decided to pull away and look up at her. She could see how vulnerable he felt at this moment. She smiled at him, placing her hand on his cheek, rubbing her thumb over his cheek. "I'm so glad God sent me here." She whispered, sitting down in his lap.

He sighed, pulling her close to him. He had to leave for his meeting. "Asli, you're coming with me to my meeting." He remembered. "Okay." She answered, not even questioning him.