chapter 28

He stayed away from her, giving her space, even if it killed him. He didn't even sleep in the same room as her, he stayed in his secondary office, would sleep there and get up to work. He had too much to do, he had to go through some plans and then finalise them and for that he needed Caine.

He worked around it, completing everything that he could without him. But he found it difficult to concentrate on anything but her. His mind was plagued by the thoughts of her. Knowing that she was a few rooms over but wasn't allowed to go near her.

There were a few nights where he couldn't help but teleport into the locked room and lay down beside her, still keeping his distance. He watched her snore softly wrapped up tightly in his blanket. He wondered if she felt the same but he knew it was highly unlikely with the conditions he put her through. While he stayed beside her she would shuffle closer to him until some part of her would touch him and she sighed blissfully.

He would leave after a couple of hours until he felt like he could bare the distance between them and would lie down in his office, closing his eyes and thinking of her as if she was sleeping right beside him. He felt guilty for crossing the boundaries, but he thought if he didn't then he would become insane.

Over the next few days, Asli was recovering well and decided that she felt brave enough to leave the room and walk around. She was tired of being in one room and it had been long since she had been allowed to move.

Samael stayed far from her, but at night it felt as if she was right next to her. She slept better with that thought. She hadn't seen him since he bathed her but made sure that she received her meals on time. It was something different every time. Usually, she had the same food every day.

She stepped further into the dark corridors and paused, it was his office where he worked.

She walked over to the office, hoping that he would be inside, but at the same time, she didn't want to see him. She wasn't sure how she would react to him. She opened the door and froze. The room was in pieces.

She walked in, looking at the bookshelf, the only thing intact. The table was broken into pieces, furniture was thrown across the room and pieces of glass were all over the floor. She walked up to the office chair finding the book she had been reading. What had happened in here? Just as she turned around she saw a dark figure standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?"

His loud voice had her jumping, flustered. "Nothing, I..." she said unable to form a sentence.

"Come with me."

He demanded walking away. She followed him silently all the way to the bedroom. Her heart raced at the thoughts that crossed her mind. He sat at the foot of the bed, urging her to sit down beside him. She sat down, keeping a little bit of space between them.

"Spread your wings." She obeyed spreading them out. He ran his fingers over the soft feathers, hiding his smile as she shuddered with pleasure. He looked at her wing, it was healing slowly, but he wanted them to get better faster.

"Do you want me to heal them?" He asked, stroking the place that had burned from Alarics attack.

Asli looked down at her lap and shrugged. "It doesn't matter now."

Samael narrowed his eyes at her response. Why wouldn't it matter anymore? Every Angel took pride in their wings and how they looked.

He didn't ask her anything further and instead focused on spurring the growth of her feathers. He placed his hand on either side of her wing, closing his eyes, and speeding the process.

When he moved his hand away the hole in her wing was now fully recovered. He stood up, his eyes trailing over her body. "Don't try to fly yet." He said. 

"T-thank you." She whispered looking down at her lap.

Just then there was a knock on the door. He went to open it and saw the trolley of food waiting outside for her. He brought it in and locked the door again, sitting down beside her.

Her heart was pounding at his closeness, his knee touched hers as he prepared to feed her. Samael could feel the tension in her body. He used the knife and sliced the meat and stabbed a few vegetables before dipping it into the gravy.

He held a napkin under his fork before carefully moving the bite in front of her. Asli felt her hands shaking with a strange emotion. She looked up at him and opened her mouth and he fed her. He slid the fork out and chewed as quietly as she could. Her eyes misted over with unshed tears. Samael looked back at her plate and Asli allowed a few tears to fall from her eyes, though she quickly wiped them away. Samael heard her sniffle softly but didn't say anything, or react. He waited for her to get back her emotions under control before giving her the next bite.

She ate most of the food and pushed his hand away. "I'm full." She mumbled, her fingers playing with the hem of her dress. He gave her a nod and placed the fork back into the plate.

He took a new napkin and gently wiped it around her mouth before throwing it onto the tray of leftovers. "Let me know if you need to bathe again. I'll help you."

Her cheeks warmed up and she nodded. She watched him stand and make his way to the door. The pull between them was getting harder to resist, she felt like a part of her was being taken away from her even though she knew he was going to be nearby. She wanted to feel him closer, to stay in the same room even if he had nothing to say.

'Samael.' Her mind called out to him before she could stop it. He paused and looked back at her thinking that she called out to him, her eyes watched him intently as a look of sadness came over her.

She didn't want him to go. He sighed and left.

He trudged his way down to his temporary office, getting his work done.

Asli took a shaky breath feeling overwhelmed with emotion. She hated to admit it, but God was right, she had been feeling Samael's emotions of loss, now that she was back in Hell, she didn't feel as much pain as she did with the Werewolves. She felt some loss of her child, but it was nothing compared to what Samael felt at the thought of losing her. She laid down again, feeling tears run down the sides of her face. She was torn between anger and sadness.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Hey everyone!!! Next Chapter is up. Hope you liked it. Please remember to Vote and comment your thoughts ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Z.A.B