chapter 27

"I'll go with him." She whispered defeated. Samael's head snapped up inhumanly fast to look at her. "Good Asli. You will be happy Asli, believe me." He promised. Alsi felt warmth on her head as she cried. "Samael." Said God, his voice becoming hard.

"Yes, God." He answered for the first time in his life obediently. "I'm proud of you. You didn't give up on her. Do you promise to take care of her?" Samael held back his emotion toward God, but the surprise was evident on his face. "I promise with my life." He answered. "Good."

Samael knelt in front of God after many years. "Thank you, God." He said sincerely, leaving everyone in the room shocked, even God. He felt warmth on the top of his head as God blessed him, just like he had Asli. "Thank you, Alpha Luca, for allowing me to visit."

"It was my pleasure." He answered bowing respectfully. Samael stood up just as the bright light in the room disappeared. Asli was not well enough to fly yet, but better than before. That meant he would have to carry her. He couldn't wait to be closer to her, to hold her tightly and feel her warm body against his.

"Thank you, Alpha Luca. I will forever be indebted to you." Said the Devil shaking his hand. The healers dressed Asli as warmly as possible. "Ready?" He asked, looking down at Asli. She stood up on her shaky legs and nodded at him. Bending down he wrapped his arms around his waist, lifting her effortlessly and wrapping her legs around his waist. He held her carefully, holding her higher up so he couldn't touch her wings and avoid the wounds on her back.

She blushed, hiding her face in his neck she had already bid goodbye to everyone who helped her and wrapped her arms around his neck. He walked out to the main grounds and jumped in the air, whipping his wings back and forth, he flew towards the void at full speed transporting himself back to Hell. Asli enjoyed the flight, as it did take them some time to get home. She lifted her face from his neck, enjoying the cool air hitting her face. This is what her freedom used to feel like. This is what made her happy. But she couldn't do anything anymore. Her wings were damaged and the growth could take months. She doubted Samael would let her out of his sight anymore.

Samael kept his arms around her tightly, knowing that when they reach his home he will have to let her go.

He landed outside the Mansion walking up to the double doors as the guards opened and bowed down to him. He walked upstairs opened the door of their room and laid her down. She slowly unwrapped her arms and pulled away from him, blushing fiercely at being so close to him. He let go of her, staring down at her, unable to stop himself he kissed her forehead, before pulling away completely. He couldn't believe that she was back. She was alive.

Samael didn't say a word to her, he didn't know what to say to her, he was just thankful that she decided to come back to her.

"I haven't forgiven you." She stated, looking at the bedsheets.

"I know." He answered, looking at the floor. "I just want some space from you." She whispered. "As much as you need. I'll be working, let me know if you need anything." He agreed unwillingly.

She got up after a few minutes moving towards the bathroom on her shaky legs. "Where are you going?" Asked Samael walking after her. "To bathe." She answered. They wiped her clean, but never actually let her bathe as her wounds were not closing properly.

"I'm going to help you." He said and opened the door for her. She stopped and hesitated, Samael watched her face. "I know you asked for space, but you're not well enough for me to leave you alone." He stated softly. She gulped down her emotions and walked in with her head bowed down. Samael walked towards the tub and allowed warm water to flow into the tub. He remembered the first time he forced her to bathe with him and shook his head. Now he was doing the same for her. That's how much power she had over him. The ruler of Hell was fixing a bath for an Angel.