☆FGoD Errink☆- Friends? 🖤☁️

Mmmm, first chapter~

Welcome, welcome Errink shippers.

Hope you enjoy :}

TW: Mentions of suicide.

No one's POV:

Error sat alone at Outertale, his head turned up towards the stars.

Beautiful...

He looked around him warily. There wasn't a soul in sight. Outer was probably with his Papyrus, cracking jokes to annoy him, or just spending time with him. Things that brothers should do.

Or perhaps he was at Grillby's, charming the other customers like he always did, evading his ever growing tab and making excuses to leave before Grillby brought it up.

Maybe he was just... living. Living in a place such as this, even with the occasional genocide route, would make anyone happy. Especially when you had the freedom to choose what to do and when to do it.

Error sighed. He supposed that had always been what he had been envious of. These AUs were just so... free. It really wasn't fair. Why make some happy and then ruin the lives of others?

People like Horror, starved in his AU, forced to cannibalism in order to keep him and his brother alive. People like Dust, driven into insanity from the constant genocide runs, or Killer, manipulated by that little brat and then left to live with the guilt of what he had become.

And then Nightmare... he was interesting. It's not like he was in an unfortunate AU, he was the unfortunate twin. It was always a mystery why Dream didn't understand why his brother hated him, seeing as he was the one who got everything, and Nightmare got nothing, nothing but pain and torment.

So what distinguished the AUs? What did the inhabitants do to deserve what they got, to be tortured and then called evil when they snapped? Why decide to let some have their freedom then allow others to suffer?

Error shook his head. He didn't suppose that he would ever find out what drove the strange choices the so called 'Protector' made, and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to. It wouldn't matter soon, anyway.

Error looked down at the cliff he was standing on. Just a few inches, and he could be as free as anyone else. Just a step, and he would have achieved his own personal 'fuck you' to Fate. Just a step...

He whipped his head around at the sound of a portal opening behind him, sighing in annoyance as he saw the familiar paintbrush and ink splodge. Squid couldn't even let him die in peace, could he?

"Oh no you don't, glitch!" Ink hissed, "You are not destroying this universe, not on my watch!" He got into a fighting stance, his eyes in the shape of target signs and his brush at the ready.

"H-Heh" Error chuckled softly. "D-Don't w-or-ry ab-bout th-hat, S-squ-id. If m-my pl-lan wo-orks, yo-ou wo-on't ha-ave to de-al wi-ith m-me ag-gain." At this, Ink tilted his his head slightly in confusion.

Error gave a small grin, looking back up towards the stars. "I ca-an't d-do it an-nymore. I-I've tr-ried m-my be-est t-to sa-ave eve-ryon-ne fr-rom yo-our cre-eation, bu-ut I'm t-too ti-ired to d-do it n-now. I-if yo-ou kno-ow wha-t's go-ood for y-you, yo-ou'll ta-ake th-his as a wa-arning an-nd sto-op ove-erpop-ulating the mul-ltiv-erse." Ink straightened up at this, his eyes turning to a purple question mark and a green square.

"Error, what are you talking about?" He asked, confused, "My creation has never hurt anyone! You're the one who destroys their lives on top of them having to deal with genocide!"

Error glared at him menacingly. "Ar-re y-you fuc-cking s-erious, Squid?" Error snarled, "Y-you re-ally th-ink th-hat yo-ou're th-e her-ro in a-all th-his?" He began to laugh, his glitches darting round his body. Ink stared at him skeptically, waiting for him to stop. He did so a few minutes later.

"Error, I'm not sure what you're getting at. Can you explain?" Ink asked calmly, a slight unease washing over him. Error looked at him, a long hard stare. Ink could feel a shiver run up his spine.

Error sighed. "Squid, w-why d-do yo-u cr-eate th-ese un-iver-rses?" He asked, sitting down on the edge of the cliff. Ink looked at him. "I don't." He said, simply. Error looked at him in disbelief.

Ink continued, "I don't make the universes themselves. Sure, I create buildings and such inside them, but I'm just a Protector. It's up to the Creators to make the universes." Error stared at him in disbelief. After a couple of seconds, he shifted his gaze to his lap.

"D-do y-ou me-ean t-to te-ell me th-hat I-I've be-een bla-aming yo-ou a-ll th-his ti-ime whe-en I shou-uld've be-een bla-aming TH-THEM?!" Error yelled angrily. Ink blinked at him.

"Blaming them for WHAT, Error? I don't understand!" Ink exclaimed, his patience running thin. He was answered with heavy glitching sounds. "Woah, Error! Calm down!"

Error inhaled deeply, trying to calm down. He had hated the squid for this long for doing something he couldn't control? He was such a hypocrite! Just another reason to take that step forward... but squid deserved the truth before he took it.

Error sighed, the error signs subsiding from his vision. He motioned for Ink to sit beside him, an invitation which Ink took with great suspicion. After they had settled at a comfortable distance away from eachother, Error began.

~Time skip brought to you by a very detailed explanation of FGoD being unable to come to my mind~

Once Error had finished, an unsettling silence followed. Ink was in disbelief. He couldn't believe that he had failed in his duty as Protector, or that he had been told his creativity had no bounds, when it actually did. He had caused this skeleton so much pain, and for what? Popularity? Emotions? He hung his head in shame.

"Welp. Ti-ime fo-or me t-to go-o." Error said, getting to his feet. Ink looked up at him guiltily. "Error... I'm so, so sorry. I blamed you without getting all the facts beforehand. That was wrong of me." Error looked at him skeptically, tilting his head slightly. He then sighed, looking away.

"I app-preciate th-hat, Squid. Bu-ut it was-sn't r-really yo-ur fa-ault." He said, calmly. "B-but I am go-onna ha-ve to g-go no-ow. F-Fate wo-on't be h-appy th-that I to-old y-you, an-d I j-just can-n't d-do it an-nymore. Y-you ca-an st-till d-do th-e rig-ht th-hing, th-hough. J-just do-on't l-let the mul-tiverse g-get too c-cro-owded."

"Where will you go, Error?" Ink asked, his heart taking a sudden drop as he realised what the answer would probably be. Error gave a small, sad smile, taking a small step back, his feet halfway over the edge.

"It's been fun, Squid." Error said, his voice free of glitches, "Tell the gang to take care of themselves, alright?" With that, Error stepped back, toppling over the edge, into the void. Ink screamed, throwing his torso over the edge and grabbing Errors scarf. Error immediately crashed at the sudden contact and surprise at his enemy saving him, leaving Ink to hoist him back onto the cliff.

The artist shakily placed Error in his lap, hugging him close to his chest. He hadn't realised that he and the Creators had driven Error to this. He could try and convince himself that it was Fate's fault, but he knew that if he had just given Error a chance to explain his actions, this could have been avoided. They could've even become friends...

Ink shook his head, his determination rising inside of him. He would make this up to Error. He would give him, and the rest of the so called 'bad guys', the fresh start they had always deserved. And he would gain Error's trust and friendship, no matter what or how long it took. This would be his chance at redemption.

Now all he had to do was make sure no one got killed because of it.

Okay, I know this isn't screaming Errink but I kinda like it.
1458 words, hope you enjoyed!
See you in the next one!