●Shattered Dream x Reader●- I'm sorry ☁️🖤

Request by WaffleTrex

Let's go!

No one's POV:

All day. Every day. That's how much Shattered was working. Nothing could deter him from his work, not even Y/N. No matter how hard they tried, Y/N couldn't get the goopy one to stop. The only time they spent together was the brief passing in the hall, where Shattered would satisfy them with a small peck on the lips or the odd hug. Other than that, it was all work. Shattered wouldn't eat or drink, even sleep. He'd simply use his immortality as an excuse.

"Dreamy, come to bed? Please?"

"Sorry moonshine... I have work to do. Besides, it's not like I'll die."

"Shattered! I baked a pie for you, apple! Your favourite!"

"That's nice, but I'm really behind on work right now my love. Perhaps later?"

But later never came, because he never stopped. It was like his work was more important than their relationship, like his real relationship was with the work itself. And Y/N put up with it, because they loved him so, so much. They'd do anything for that skeleton, but.... One day, they decided enough was enough. They couldn't take it anymore.

"Moonshine, where are you going?"

"I'm leaving, Shattered. I've had enough. You don't care about me, all you care about is your stupid work! I've tried so hard, given so much, but it's not enough! I have to leave, otherwise I'm going to lose my mind. So this is the end. Goodbye, Dream. Have fun with your work."

And... that was it. They left, for good. Back to their house they went, and that night was certainly the hardest. Old memories resurfaced, memories of when times were so much better. Days in the sun with Dream, making flower crowns for eachother and eating nice cream. Cold winter nights where they'd cuddle together and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows, watching a crappy movie in pyjamas. Baking apple pie together, pranking the stars, archery, drawing, reading. It all came back, and it hurt more than ever that Dream spent all that time with Y/N, but wouldn't now. All because of work. They'd loved eachother for years, should Y/N really leave Shattered when he needed help? Should they have tried harder?
...
No. They had tried so, so hard. They weren't to blame, Shattered was. And they were sick of feeling like the villain.

Sighing, Y/N decided it was best to get some sleep. It would be another night alone in bed, but then they were used to that now. It felt so... dull without Shattered, but this would probably be best for the both of them in the long run. Shattered wouldn't have to be nagged, and Y/N would no longer have to live in a relationship filled with guilt, worry and sadness. At least... that's what they told themselves as they got into bed. They pulled the covers over themselves and snuggled in, fatigue hitting them hard as their eyes immediately began to close. They could make out a faint figure looming over them as they began to lose consciousness, but they could do little about it as they happily accepted the shelter and escape that sleep often brought.

~Time skip~

The warmth hit them like a ton of bricks, and they could instantly tell that they were not alone in that bed. Their eyes opened, and they were greeted with a sight they never thought they would see. There was Shattered, asleep and cuddled into them, with his tentacles holding them close to his chest. He looked so... troubled. Like he'd tossed and turned, cried himself to sleep. The sight was heart wrenching, and Y/N slowly wrapped their arms around his neck and buried their face into his chest. It felt warm and safe in Shattered's arms, like nothing could ever hurt them.

Then he began to wake up, his eye fluttering and his tentacles twitching. He gave a groan and cuddled them closer, one tentacle wagging as he buried his face into the warmth of their neck. His eye opened, the usual slit, snake like eyelight now circular and watery.

So he had been crying.

Y/N felt awful as they rubbed circles on his cheek with their thumb, whispering softly to him. He seemed to wake up fully, and instantly clung to them like a lifeline, like he couldn't bare to let go. He gave small sniffles, his tentacles drooping over the side of the bed as he murmured desperate apologies over and over again. Y/N hushed him softly, massaging the bases of his tentacles and humming a soft tune to him.

"I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, you're okay. I forgive you."

"I love you so much... Please don't leave me. I won't do it ever again, I promise."

"I won't Dreamy. All I ask is that you spare some time away from your work so we can both be happy. Together."

"I will, I swear. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Maybe work yourself to the bone, you silly octopus. C'mere."

Their lips connected, and they shared a short, sweet kiss. That day was one of the best they'd ever had together; they cuddled, baked a pie, drew pictures of eachother and ended up falling asleep in each other's arms, watching a movie. And after that day, Shattered kept to his vow. He never put work before Y/N ever again, and they truly did live happily ever after.

917 words.
Hope you enjoyed! Bye! <3