×Afterdeath×- An Unexpected Sight: 🖤/☁️

No request here, just an Afterdeath fan.

No one's POV:

It was time for the visit.

Reaper had managed to work extra quickly today, and from what he knew there wouldn't be any more deaths. Hopefully. There was no way to tell with these mortals.

Today he planned to finally tell Geno how he felt. An actual confession, unlike the usual flirting and dirty jokes. He'd bought him flowers which he brought in a thick cardboard box so they wouldn't wilt at his touch, Geno's favourite. Red tulips.

Reaper really would do anything for Geno, but he couldn't let anyone know that. He wasn't awfully popular, for obvious reasons. Of course, he didn't care about that. He was just doing his job. But if people knew how much Geno meant to him... they might target him to give Reaper a taste of his own medicine.

But anyway. Reaper was willing to do whatever it took to be with Geno, and was planning on getting him out of the save screen. Perhaps Sci could help with that one. From there, they'd keep the relationship a secret and keep Geno's whereabouts confidential.

Reaper entered the save screen, seeing the glitch sat with his knees tucked beneath his chin, his face buried into his arms. He didn't seem to be in a good mood...

Who was he kidding, Geno was never in a good mood. Who would when they were prisoner to an eternal darkness such as this? It was enough to drive any monster insane... but Reaper knew how strong his love was. He knew he would fight every day of his existence to get out of this place and have a fresh start.

"Heeey, Gen. How's it going?"

Geno didn't even look up, simply resting his chin on his arms with a small scowl on his face.

"Reaper, please. I'm not in the mood today."

Reaper gulped and held the box close, sitting next to the half-dead glitch and sighing softly.

"Sorry... I wanted to tell you something."

"Quickly, please."

Reaper nodded and took a deep breath, composing himself as he looked at Geno with his large, empty sockets.

"Geno... before I met you, I never thought anyone would ever even come near me, let alone hold a proper conversation with me. You're the only person other than Papyrus that I truly trust and care about, and over the years I've developed strong feelings for you. You're just so brave and strong and cute... I-I love you, Geno."

That was it. It was done. No need to worry about this anymore. It had been building up more and more anxiety in his gut as the feelings grew, the issue more and more avoidable. Reaper felt so much better now that it was all in the open.

Until... he saw Geno's face.

What he had expected to be a joyful, flustered expression was stripped away to a bored sneer. In all his years of communication with Geno, he'd never seen him look so... annoyed.

And on top of that?

"Yeah, right. Good one, Death. You're a funny guy. You and I both know this stupid flirting is because you're just a bored god looking for some casual fun. Well, I won't be a part of your manipulation. Go find some whore to seduce, because I'm not falling for it."

At that moment, time just stood still for Reaper. His soul metaphorically broke in two, and literally gained a few hairline cracks. He felt like the weight had been lifted off his shoulders and then piled up on his chest, adding more and more to it until it felt like he was suffocating.

He got to his feet.

"Ah..."

Tears stung at his eyesockets.

"I see."

His voice got shaky.

"Well. I'm going to leave now. I'll see you later."

He had several voice cracks, his voice quietening to just a whisper as the tears fell, dripping down his deathly pale cheeks.

Geno blinked and looked up at him, his soul dropping as he saw the taller's expression of agony. He gulped and stood up, shaking his head.

"Shit... you... weren't joking, were you?"

He swore softly, cursing his own ignorance as he hugged Reaper tight, burying his face into him.

"I'm sorry Reaper... I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I love you too, really."

Reaper slumped into the hug, his chest still tight. Geno's acceptance was all he ever wanted, but now he had it... the fact that his love thought he would play around with his feelings like that was simply crushing him.

Geno gently pulled Reaper down to sit, pulling him into his lap and rocking him slowly. The god buried his face into the glitch's shoulder, squeezing his sockets shut and breathing shakily. He no longer trusted himself to be in a relationship with Geno. What if he really did break his heart, what if his feelings were lying to him?

"Oh Reaper... I hope you can trust me again..."

Geno whispered, to which there was no response. It seemed that for now... silence was their best bet. They both needed to reflect on themselves and talk this out, but for now, sitting here, in each other's presence, was all they needed.

877 words.
Hope you enjoyed! Bye! <3