¿Dreammare¿- Sunshine: 🍋

Request by: simp20090215

Disclaimer: I'd just like to clarify that this oneshot includes an AU where they are NOT siblings, and is Corrupted Nightmare. Thank you.

No one's POV:

Though Corrupt was known to hate Dream down to the very core of his being, the octopus couldn't help but be a little intrigued by the positive guardian. Despite what many people thought, when Dream wasn't doing his job he wasn't overly positive. He was... neutral, even negative sometimes.

This was most intriguing to Corrupt. It seemed that Dream loved his job more than anything else, which was just straight up unusual. He had two amazing, doggedly loyal best friends who he always seemed to have great fun with; why wouldn't his most positive emotions be spent in their presence rather than making others happy?

It was strange, and for some unknown reason Corrupt wanted to get to the bottom of it. It had been at the back of his mind for some time now, and he was itching to find out some answers. If Dream and his friends were no longer getting along, he could manipulate them against each other and eventually take down the group, one of his biggest threats right now.

He chuckled and began to formulate a plan, rubbing his palms together slowly as his tendrils waved and curled behind him, them too rubbing together. He decided on kidnapping Dream, and instead of torturing or hurting him in any way, he would treat him like royalty. He would manipulate him into trusting him, and he would get the information he needed.

After all, Corrupt never failed.

~Timeskip~

It had been a few months after Dream's capture, and things were going marvellously for Corrupt. Dream hadn't been hard to manipulate- it turned out he wasn't as social as Corrupt had first anticipated. He didn't actually have many people he could rely on, which was a surprise.

The best part about this was learning that Dream, Ink and Blue were no longer friends. Dream and Ink had fallen out when Dream had become irritated with Ink's lack of empathy towards the citizens of the AUs. Ink, of course, didn't care, him only being focused on the maintenance and the protection of the universes themselves. As long as he achieved his goal, nothing else mattered. Dream didn't approve of this, and the two got into a big fight about it.

Blue had attempted to carry on life as normal and be friends with the both of them, but eventually they came to a mutual agreement that it was better if they went their separate ways. Good. This meant no one would look for Dream as long as positivity levels were kept acceptable compared to negativity. That could be easily arranged.

For some reason, Corrupt felt... angry at Ink. Enraged, even. He had made Dream cry so, so much over him while he hadn't even shed a tear. He had probably moved on right away, the emotionless freak.

But...why did he care? He shouldn't, and a few months ago he would've been happy that Dream was suffering. But now it just didn't seem right to him. Was he... going soft for Dream?

Impossible. He was the terrifying king of negativity, the harbinger of nightmares! He wasn't soft for anyone, especially not that stupid, cute, sweet little...

Oh fuck.

He scowled and left the living room to go visit Dream in quite the bad mood, his ego irked at the idea that he, Corrupt, had gone soft or gained feelings for someone like Dream, his enemy. Except... he wasn't really his enemy anymore, was he?

He groaned and shook his head, leaning against the wall as he knocked on Dream's door. He had even given the guardian his own private bedroom with a lock on the door to make him feel more at home, more safe. Dream had been warned that if he didn't respond to knocking then that privilege would be taken away, however. Corrupt still needed to be treated with respect, he was a king after all.