■Shattered!Cream■- Flirt ☁️

It's Cream time!

Dream becomes flirty and Cross becomes flustered~

Lil bit of sad Noot at the start, but otherwise, BRING ON THE SHIP!

Nightmare's POV:

I watched in horror as my brother faded away, a twisted, nightmareish monster left in his place. A monster who looked just like me. He looked at me, an evil grin growing on his face and an unsettling dull gold glint in his eye.

"Well then, brother. Has this made you happy? I finally understand your pain, that's what you wanted, yes?" He asked me, a snarl in his voice. I didn't respond. I couldn't. This... thing is not my brother.

We stood in silence for a moment, then I finally got the courage to say something. "...Dream.." I began, carefully, "Why would you do this? You must have known that this wasn't what I wanted for you... right?" He looked at me as if I had gone crazy.

"You didn't want this for me?" He asked, in disbelief. "Nightmare, of course you did. You said that I would never understand what you went through, but now I do! I understand the corruption, the pain, even the bullying! How is this not what you wanted for me?! Unless..."

He glared at me, all traces of kindness gone from his face. "Unless you wanted me DEAD, so that it would be easier for you to take over the multiverse." He said, slowly. A wide grin began to take over his features, "Heh... haha...HAHAHAHAHA!" He laughed, the laugh full of insanity and hatred.

Once he finished laughing, he looked at me. "Well, I'm sorry to shatter your dreams, brother, but that isn't going to happen." He said coolly. He then raised a bone brow, smirking. "Hmm... Shattered Dreams... I like that." He said confidently, looking at his hands. He then looked at me almost in surprise, as if he had forgotten I was there.

Regaining his composure, he stood up straight, his head held high, eyes burning a fierce gold as he looked into my eyes. "I'm going to leave now, Nightmare. I hope you have an unpleasant evening." He hissed, opening a portal and walking through.

As soon as he walked through, I collapsed to the ground, fighting back tears. This was my fault. If I hadn't acted like I hated Dream he wouldn't have felt like this. I had acted exactly the same as the bullies had in the past, but to my own brother. There was no way I could take this back. This was unforgivable.

I had successfully killed Dream... and created something much, much darker.

Shattered's POV:

As I walked through the portal away from my pathetic brother, I saw one of his minions walking through Altertale. It was Cross, the one who dresses like a penguin and carries a giant knife with him. I've always found him rather interesting, but he was infatuated with Nightmare. I grinned. That was about to change.

I teleported behind him, whispering into his ear, "Hey, Crossy~ What's a poor little penguin like you doing out here all alone~?" His face turned bright purple, like a lavender. Heh, cute~

(Okay, but you gotta admit Cross DOES look like a penguin)

"S-Senpai? You look different..." My grin immediately dropped into a scowl. He thought I was Nightmare. I took a deep breath, smirking. "I'm not Nightmare, pet~ Though Senpai certainly sounds adorable~" He squeaked in protest, turning fully to face me. My corruption seemed to have given me extra height, as he had to look up to look me in the face.

"Then who are you, and why do you look like Nightmare?!" I chuckled at his cuteness, putting my hand on his cheek. "I'm his brother, Crossy~ The one who will actually treat you like you deserve~" I purred at him. His face turned bright purple, while also taking a shocked expression. "Dream..?! What happened to you..?! Why do you look like Nightmare?"

I laughed at this. "Nothing, Crossy~ I simply showed brother that I'm no longer as weak as I was~" I told him confidently, picking him up into my arms. He let out a surprised squeak at this, wrapping his arms round my neck. I sniggered fondly at this, opening a portal to an unfinished Outertale copy. The world was completed, but none of the souls had been created, leaving me and Crossy alone~

I placed him in my lap, my tentacles wrapping around him so that I was holding him close in a tight hug, my chin resting against the top of his skull. I felt his face get warmer and laughed, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Comfortable, my prince~?"

I felt him shift in my arms slightly, elbowing me. "Sh-shut up, idiot..." I smiled against the top of his skull. "Is someone getting.. flustered~?" I asked, moving one hand to caress his rib cage. He let out a cute little squeak, slapping my hand away. He turned around and glared at me. "You damn flirt...! Why would you do that? I like Nightmare!"

My smile dropped immediately. I moved away from him, scowling profusely. "Fine then. I thought you were different. But no, you're just another reminder of how Nightmare is better than me."

We sat in silence, until Cross sighed softly. "Dream... I'm sorry. I was a little surprised, that's all. I'm not used to anyone who looks remotely like Nightmare treating me like you have.. He's never been interested in me, and seeing you look so much like him just made me think that... I might have a chance."

I looked at him sadly. We had both been hurt by Nightmare. "Crossy, I can do so much better than he ever could. Can you just give me a chance..? I promise I won't ever let you down." Cross looked at me, uncertain, a small tint of blush against his cheekbones.

"Can we get to know eachother better, first? If we hang out more I might get over Nightmare faster..." He said softly. I smiled, picking up his hand and kissing it. "Of course, my prince~ Whatever it takes to make you mine..." He gave a small smile at that, letting out a yawn.

I pulled him to my chest and lay down. "I wish you the sweetest of dreams, my love... No nightmares will harm you when I am here..." I whispered, kissing his skull softly. I took one last look at the stars above, signifying my bright new future with this skeleton, before surrendering myself to sleep.

It's short, I know.
Apologies if its crappy, I kinda lost motivation. Hope you enjoyed nonetheless.
1098 words- See you in the next one!