♧Deathscreen♧: A thing for glitches ☁️

Request by Reiizzy

Let's go!

No one's POV:

Reaper was on his way to see Fatal, as he did every other day or so. The glitch didn't enjoy being disturbed, but made exceptions for Reaper so long as he was informed beforehand of when Reaper was visiting. The God of Death, naturally, never followed this rule and came whenever he possibly could. Was this a smart idea? No, no it wasn't. Did Reaper care? No, no he didn't.

In truth, Reaper knew no matter how much Fatal liked to seem like he hated the god, he'd never push him away. Fatal was scared of being alone again; left to rot in the darkness while he mourned the loss of his brother, and let his hatred for Error tear his sanity into even smaller pieces.

Reaper knew the feeling all too well. After all, not many were very accepting of Death.

He got to the save screen a little after 2pm, brandishing his scythe as he simply couldn't be bothered to put it away. Fatal was there of course, working on his newest plan to kill Error and get his revenge and the closure he so desperately craved. His life as Geno wasn't the best before, granted, but Error had decided to make it even worse. There was nothing left for him anymore; nothing but endless pain and torment.

Reaper interrupted his session of boiling anger and hatred with a grin, leaning against his scythe and leaning on one leg as he put the other hand on his hip.

"Heeeeya Gen. How's things?"

Fatal looked back at him and scowled, immediately getting defensive as he stood up straight and folded his arms against his stomach, a sneer on his glitchy face.

"We've talked about this, Reaper. That isn't my name, not anymore. Thanks to Error, I'll never be Geno again."

He scoffed, though there was an element of sadness etched into his features. Though, that was always there with Fatal. Even when he was Geno, he could never seem to escape the constant depressive state he was in. The loss of his brother and the constant pain of eternal damnation and isolation had been enough to squash his hopes of ever being truly happy again. In all honesty, Reaper was the only thing keeping him sane in those days.

Geno would never admit that of course, but it was nice to have a reason to stick around. Not that he had a choice.

Reaper huffed and nodded, slowly walking towards Fatal and dragging his scythe behind him. He tilted his head at the glitch, raising a bonebrow and gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I keep forgetting. You okay?"

He asked softly. Fatal jumped at the sudden contact and looked up, then right back down as he fiddled with his scarf and fingers. He gave a small nod and sighed, nibbling on his bottom lip and scratching the back of his skull.

"...Yeah, I'm fine."

He answered softly, keeping his voice quiet. Reaper didn't believe him for a second, but decided to simply cheer the other up as best he could as he sat down and looked at Fatal's plans.

"Still working on killing Error, huh? Fatal, when are you going to move on? Yes, he ruined your life more, but wouldn't it be better to show him that you're happy regardless of what he does? It's not like he's happy."

Fatal shook his head and clenched his fists, spinning on his heel and turning to Reaper.

"No! Don't you get it? I can never start on a happy life until he's gone! I was finally starting to get things together Reaper. Things were finally looking up. Who's to say he won't take that away again?"

Reaper sighed and swallowed, putting his hand up in defence and floating up as he looked at Fatal.

"Hey, I was just putting it out there. I totally get your motives, I promise."

Fatal nodded slowly and calmed down, sitting cross legged and silently looking at the dark floor. He hated this place, but it was the one place he knew most.

"..."

Reaper sighed and sat beside him, sensing that Fatal wasn't in a talkative mood right now. That was fine. Reaper was completely willing to just be there for the glitch whenever he needed, be his shoulder to cry on.

It was strange. First he'd fallen in love with Geno, then Error, and now Fatal. He really did have a thing for glitches, huh?

They sat there for at least half an hour in total silence, with Reaper wrapping an arm and a wing around the glitchy one to let him know he was there and wouldn't leave his side. Then Reaper guessed Fatal needed time to think, and space to work out what he was going to do to kill Error. Fatal didn't seem quite as keen as he was before, though.

The God of Death got to his feet and adjusted his hood, looking down at Fatal with a small smile.

"I'll go now. I'll see you later?"

No response.

Reaper sighed and opened a portal, turning to leave. Then he hesitated and looked over his shoulder at the silent and unmoving glitch.

"...I love you, Fatal."

He said simply, then didn't look back for a moment and floated right through the portal, leaving his beloved glitch to the darkness of the savescreen.

Fatal sat there, unmoving still and silent. He didn't quite register Reaper's words for a moment, then he thought over them.

His eye widened slightly, his soul skipping a beat.

The smallest of smiles made its way onto the terrifying skeleton's glitchy face, his eye turning soft for a moment.

"...I love you too Reaps. And as soon as I've killed that fucker, we can be together. Forever."

He whispered. And that was a promise he vowed to keep.

983 words.
Hope you  enjoyed!
Bye! <3