☆Bad Guys☆: Long Live the King 🖤

Request by Weebyhumanbean

The little shit. They're gonna make me cry one day.

But anyway, let's go!

No one's POV:

Just a normal day. Everything perfectly fine, as always.

Until it wasn't.

This fight was one of the worst they had ever faced. The Stars had brought backup, and it was clear that Nightmare's gang wouldn't be able to hold on for much longer. They were all pretty injured, but not for the reason they would've thought. They were protecting Nightmare, because for some reason every single attack was being aimed at the negative one. The others weren't even being spared a glance as it was absolute open season on the negative king.

Soon the Stars and their allies realised that they weren't going to get to Nightmare when he had all this protection. Luckily for them though, the gang were all pretty tired from the seemingly endless hours of fighting that had undergone in the empty AU. So they split up- Blue and Classic took on Killer, Ink took on Horror and Error, while the other AUs spread themselves amongst helping the three and taking on Cross and Dust. Dream stayed back and kept spirits high to keep Nightmare weak and vulnerable.
...
It wasn't long until the gang had been defeated. There were just too many strong opponents.

Ink chained them all up and restrained their magic while Dream faced Nightmare. Said goopy was breathing heavily and having trouble standing due to the amount of positivity, his goop falling off in clumps. He managed to straighten up as Dream approached however; not wanting his brother to think him a weak dependable pathetic excuse of a leader. His eyelight was slit and gleaming with distrust as he had a crooked grin on his face.

"So... What now Dream? Are you going to kill me?"

His tone was mocking, yet his voice was weak and raspy as though he'd swallowed a cheese grater. Dream seemed to flinch but still stood tall, his shoulders back and chest puffed up as he radiated confidence and leadership.

"I'm afraid so, Nightmare. I didn't want to. I still don't. But I've come to realise..."

He gave a sigh and stepped closer, then hugged his brother. They swayed in the air as Dream buried his face into Nightmare's shoulder, breathing deeply and rubbing his back gently. Dream was trembling, that much was obvious. He whispered in Nightmare's ear after he had planted a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"There's no saving something when it was always lost."

The scream came a second too late as the gang all saw the knife in Dream's hand. Nightmare dropped to the floor, the blade plunged deep into his apple core as he looked up at Dream with betrayal and hurt in his eye. Dream's hands shook violently as he clenched them into fists and ran to Ink, who grinned at Nightmare and held the now crying positive guardian close. The other AUs seemed to be in shock. They never would've thought that Dream of all people would kill his own brother. Uncomfortable glances was cast around the AU as their gazes flickered from Nightmare to Ink and Dream.

And the gang?

They screamed.

Screams echoed around the place, the sounds resonating. Only pure pain and heartbreak could be heard in those noises as they writhed in the chains with tears streaming down their faces. All of them were crying, and the AUs were more than a little surprised to say the least. They had often viewed this gang as cold, heartless creatures who cared for no one and only stayed together for their own personal gain... but now it was clear they had been horribly mistaken.