/Kross/- Together Forever: 🖤

No one's POV:

Cross was running.

From what? Nothing. This may be an apocalypse, but that didn't matter right now. Nothing did.

Except him.

Cross was running to him. News had been sent to those who had survived this long, everyone had to know where everyone else was. As soon as he'd heard... he started running.

And boy, was it a sight when he got there.

The people looked so unwell, so dead. Their movements were jerky and strained, almost like they were being pulled on a string. They staggered over to each other; sinking their fangs into their friends, family, even pets as they began to eat one another mercilessly.

It was a bloody mess; skin flapping and blood dripping as they tackled each other to the floor. One person sunk their teeth into another's stomach, slowly ripping out the flesh and eating their intestines. That person clawed at the attacker's head and tackled them back, taking a giant chunk out of their neck.

Cross didn't observe for long, keeping his head down and rushing through the brainless posse. Ever since Sci had concocted this... thing in his lab, an apocalypse had followed. A terrible, traumatic apocalypse.

No one knew who the first one infected was, and no one had time to find out. It truly was eat or be eaten in these times, and half the population had already been wiped out, messed up beyond repair.

Sibling had turned on sibling, parents against each other, even lovers. It seemed nothing could satiate their unending hunger, their sick desire for the flesh of the living. It had even affected the skeletons.

Nightmare and Dream had tore each other to bloody shreds, until both looked like one of Ink's unfinished pieces of art. The bad guys still remained however, and they had stuck together, only occasionally splitting up to find and obtain resources, or venture into Sci's lab to attempt to concoct a cure something that would stop this madness once and for all.

This thing rooted deep into their marrow, taking over their desires entirely and turning them against their closest allies. It didn't matter that they had to bite through bone; they'd break their teeth if they had to. They couldn't stop themselves.

Cross kept running, checking the location he had been sent time and time again. This couldn't be true. It had to be a miscommunication of some sort, surely. This couldn't be happening to them.

Then he saw him.

He looked shorter, his posture no longer straight and relaxed but crooked and uneven, like someone had failed an act of contortion. His bones, which were usually a snowy white, were a sickly greenish grey. His fingers were bloodied, his knuckles scraped and the tips of his fingers bent backwards. There was a sizeable chunk out of his neck, the area blackened and mouldy like something gone rotten. His spine was twisted, his tongue hanging out in a brainless yet murderous manner. It was tainted with the blood of the victims he had claimed, his tongue sore and rough, like sandpaper. The usual black tar now ran red against his sickly face, as his upper body seemed to collapse entirely and face the wrong way.

They locked eyes. And in that moment, he felt his whole world crumble.

Cross should have been scared. He wasn't.

Together forever.

He fingered the wedding ring on his finger, then clenched his hand into a fist.

Killer ran towards him immediately, arms outstretched as if he wished for an embrace. The embrace would come, but at what cost?

Their bodies collided, as Cross felt his back hit the ground and a searing pain in his neck.

Ah... together forever, at last.

Till death do us part.

625 words.
Hope you enjoyed! Bye! <3