3

"Doctor Shephard, Doctor Abbott is joining us if you dont mind?" Mark announced as he and Eden walked into the OR joined by Alex running into the scrub room.

"Of course not been a while since I have had you Doctor Abbott in my OR" Derek smiled under his mask.
"I didnt really get a choice in the matter" Eden pointed out standing defeated next to Mark.

"So you need to remember that you need to be gentle when doing sautures, this boy will have to look at the sauture every morning for the next month he doesn't need to see sloppiness" Mark instructed Alex and Eden.

"So Doctor sloan what technique will you be using" Eden asked curiously
"Umm well" Mark didnt get a chance to answer.
"Will you be using Doctor Simon Abbotts meathod, the Abbott Meathod which reduces likely hood of any scaring?" Eden asked knowing the mention of her dad will annoy Mark.

"Simon Abbott isnt that the Harper Avery winning plastic surgeon best in the country do you know him Doctor Sloan" Alex asked excitedly
"Work it out dummy" Cristina sneered from Dereks side.

"What" Alex asked unsure of what he is meant to be working out.

"Doctor Simon Abbott is Edens dad" Derek filled them in as Mark stood there pouting at the mention of his name.

"Your dad Simon Abbott and you never told us" Alex practically shouted at the young girl.
"Well its not like hes Ellis Grey"
"He is in the plastics world" Alex remindered her
"Well you know now" Eden huffed

"So if your brother is in plastics and your dad, are you going to be a plastic surgeon too?" Alex questioned
"Of course she is plastics is in the sloan blood"
"More so the Abbott blood, my dad and Grandpa are both in plastics. Your the only sloan" she teased
"Your grandpa too you come from a line of pastic surgeons you have to be" Alex  informed her.
"I dont want to, my dad accepts that"
"Of course he does perfect Simon" Mark muttered to himself but Eden heard rolling her eyes at her brothers remark.

"How is your Dad Doctor Abbott?" Derek asked helping in the annoying of Mark.
"Seriously you have spent the last yesr with her and now you ask" Mark grumbled

"I havent asked her recently"
"Hes actually in seattle this week" Eden smiled as Mark stiffened
"He is" Mark stated in surprise.
"Yes he has a charity priject that runs out of most hospitals in the country, the project starts this week at seattle pres so he wanted to be there to over see it and then hes coming here tomorrow to talk to the chief about running the project here"
"But im here" Mark said territorial
"Only for today right Mark" Eden smirked watching her brothers face clench then relax trying to not get cross at her in a room of surgeons.
"I dont know, the chief seems to like me so we never know"
"Richard wouldnt" Derek told him
"Hmm you said that about this surgery and here I am, you and i working side by side with Eden" Mark smirked "only reason you wanted to be a doctor right Eden so you could work with your amazing big brother and Derek"
"Yeah thats before he left for College then never came back breaking all of his promises he made" Eden bluntly spoke as everyone in the OR raised their eye brows in response to the low blow from the younger sister.
"Eden umm I" Mark didnt have an excuse for what he did
"Dont give me an excuse. To be honest I dont need to know" Eden smally spoke when the small 6 year old Eden still needed a reason for being abandoned by her big brother.

Silence fell om the OR everyone concentrating on what they were doing.
"Right all done" Mark and Derek chimmed together as they stepped away from their patient.

"You enjoyed that a little to much" Derek said to Eden who just smally laughed in agreement.

"Why arent you cross at him, we made those promises together" Mark shouted joining them in the scrub room.
"He didnt break them" Eden simply put it walking out of the scrub room leaving Mark and Derek alone awkwardly.
"What doe she mean?" Mark asked ready for no reply.
"She only lived round the corner from us remember, her school wasnt far from Amelia's high school, mum use to take her and pick her up. She was always invited to thanksgiving or christmas, she came with her dad to thanksgiving then his parents at christmas, my mum was there when your mum left her. My mum is the only stable mun she's ever had, Eden still calls her mama shephard to this day and will call her once a week. She is family like you once were" Derek firmly told him.
"I was always there at thanksgiving" Mark noted, Derek rolled his eyes at the emotionless response.

"Is that all you can say, i just told you that your mum left your sister and you dont care about the details" Derek shouted
"I can guess the details no note was left, she woke up one morning and she was gone" Mark sneered
"No she didnt pick Eden up one day after school after insisting she did not need my mum too, after two hours of waiting Eden walked she was 6 mark. Her dad was working away and couldnt get to her quickly. So she stayed with my family till they located your mum the next day she still didnt turn up that weekend she was meant to be staying with simon well that weekend she moved in with Simon. She still has hope her mum will turn up one day even now 20 years later." Derek filled him in as he too then just left mark standing there watching the lights of the OR  turn off unsure of his next move.