39

Eden and Doctor Webber were waiting in the scan room for Bailey when Mark walked in but he wasnt wearing his dark blue scrubs oh no he was wearing a shirt and tie.

"Mark what are you wearing?" Eden questioned shortly
"Thats chief sloan" mark simply put as Eden shoot him alook what the actuall then looked at doctor Webber for confirmarion who nodded in agreement.
"Chief hunt is out for the day with the flu so your brother is stepping in'" Doctor Webber explained to Eden.
"It could be for a week" Mark added
"Oh this will be a long week" Eden sneered.

"I have them, i have the donors scan" Bailey announced as she put the scans up but Eden saw something on the scans that she really hoped she was wrong.
"Is that a tumor?" Eden questioned pointing to the white circle.

"Well, that makes him an unsuitable organ donor." Mark told them matter of factly
"Not necessarily. Could be a benign adenoma." Eden reminded him.

"My patient's been in for two other transplants and they both fell through. He's not gonna live much longer without a new liver." Doctor Webber explained the patients history.

"We could resect it." Doctor Bailey suggested.

"It's a little unconventional to operate on a donor but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. That's a great idea, Bailey." Doctor Webber agreed.

"Great idea? You want to put compromised organs into
a transplant recipient and give your guy cancer on top of everything else?" Mark firmly told them.

Eden could tell that he desperately wanted to prove that he could do this job that he could be chief but it was the way he was going about it.

"I think we owe it to my guy to at least excise the tumor and test it."

"I don't agree." Mark snapped

"Dr. Sloan, are you arguing with
surgically protocol with Dr. Webber?" Doctor Bailey firmly stood up to Mark.

"Dr. Bailey... are you arguing with the decision of the chief of surgery?" Mark spat back as Bailey took a step back.
Eden shock her head at the power of chief going to marks head.

"Call U.N.O.S." was all Mark said as he left the room, Doctor Bailey and Webber couldnt stand about looking at the scans they needed to tell their patient the development in his care so they followed Mark.

"Doctor Bailey and Doctor Webber" Eden shouted calling the doctors back.
"Look i know my brothers the chief and hes just told us not to do a surgery that will save his life but Doctor Bailey the idea was genius and I know i am only a resident. Isnt there away we can do this without the chief find out"

"I like this Doctor Abbott" Bailey laughed.
"Right lets do it I will get the patient preped" Doctor webber said excited.

It was time for the surgery, Bailey was full of adreline doing a surgery against the chiefs wishes was exciting but Eden she wasnt full of adrelin she knew mark would scream and shout at her for going behind his back.

"Whags wrong?" Bailey sighed turning the tap off.
"I know i persauded you to do this but I just dont want Mark to find out, his disappointed face is the worse, i have only ever seen it twice but i still see it when ever i fail a test or do something I shouldnt, my dads disappointed face isnt as scary ss Marks" Eden explained.
"He wont find out" Bailey told her.

Before the first cut was even made, Edens fear had come true
"Do not touch that patient!" Mark yelled as he burst into tbe OR wearing his disappointed face.

"Oh, Dr. Sloan, if--if you would
just let us do our jobs--" Bailey defended her actions

"I'm doing my job, Dr. Bailey. And today my job is to be the chief of surgery, and as the chief of surgery, I told you not to perform this procedure. So do not touch him. Take him back to his room. Put him back on the transplant list." Mark shouted.
"Seriously Eden. I cant believe you" Mark yelled as he stormed out.

When the surgery was done, Eden walked out of the OR to find Mark waiting for her in the scrub room with his arms cross wearing the sloan disappointed face.
Eden walked straight passed him to the sink.

"I cant belive that you of all people went agaisnt my word" Mark shouted as Eden just carried on washing her hands. "I am chief. If it got about that my sister didnt listen to me how would that look?" Mark shouted.

"You are not the chief" Eden firmly but quickly spoke.
"I am for now" Mark shouted back.
"Till Owen is back" Eden reminded him.
"We dont know when that will be"

"Mark you know what makes a good chief, some one who lets their doctors do cutting edge not done before surgeries but you want things to be perfect and pretty your a plastics surgeon, dad is exactly the same but as chief you have to push your surgeons and you didnt do that today" Eden shouted back as Mark stood their shocked that Eden was fighting back as she didnt usally do this she would just calmly answer.

"You could have given the guy cancer" Mark snalled
"But we didnt, Mark. Look you will make an amazing chief" Eden smiled as she left her brother in the scrub room for him to meet the wrath of Bailey.

"She was brave today"
"You call going agaisnt what the chief says brave"
"Yes, she was so scared to disappoint you but she did what was best for her patient she didnt go agaisnt you too spite her big brother but for her patient. She will be an amazing doctor and one day you will be a good chief"

Eden was filling out the patient file watching Doctor Webber get to tell him the good news as she smiled at what they did today.

"Your brother was chief today" Derek sighed as he stood next to Eden.
"I know"
"He told me to rise" Derek shared
"He still says that he use to tell me to rise when ever i fell. Rise Eden was all he would say it was so infurating" Eden said remembering the frustration of hearing those words.
"Oh yes it is" Derek agreed.
"But it works" the two of them laughed.

"He actually made a pretty good chief" Eden smiled.
"That he did" Derek agreed.
"But we cant tell him"
"Oh no"