19

Eden woke up, with a sharp pain in the back of her head and she was no longer in peds she was in the ER.

"Kiddo your awake, i was worried"
"What happened?"
"That dad pushed you and you hit your head, Marky was amazing he fixed you right up"

"I shouldn't have said what i said I was cross, this guy is making drugs unaware or even giving it a thought on how it could affect his daughter" Eden stated
"You mean son"

Mark came through the curtains back into Edens cubicle.
"Hey how you feeling" Mark asked gently sitting on the bed glad Eden wad awake.
"Okay still sore" Eden winced a little the pain started to intensify as she spoke.
"What happened?" Eden asked her memories were all hazy.

"Brians dad, David pushed you, you hit your head. You've been out for a little while, i have stitched you up so there will be no scar don't worry" Mark smirked.

"Ahh crap he got away, i let him. Has anyone found Brian" Eden realised sitting up.
"Eden it wasnt your fault he's a junkie"
"He isnt a junkie, he was cooking it to help his family, I allowed my emotions to get the better of me and told him he would be going to prison for his choices of financing his family which was hurting his son. I should have kept my mouth shut" Eden rembered regretting her actions.
"None of it was your fault okay. They found brian and he is okay" mark reassured his sister as she fell into his embrace relived that she hadnt harmed the boy even further.
"Hes okay" Eden breathed.

"Im going to find Derek to tell him your awake he did a head CT just to make sure there isnt anything we should be concerned about." Mark said as he got up from the bed Eden smiled allowing him to go.

Mark  left the small room closing the curtains to give her some privacy from the rest of the ER.

"Glad your feeling okay kiddo" Charlene smiled standing in the corner of the cubicle.

"You know the difference between me and brian?" Eden asked charlene deadpan.
"No"
"Hes parents were making drugs to give him all he could in life but mine my mum let some boyfriend cook meth in her kitchen a room she should have used to make food for her toddler was converted into a meth lab, you didnt even care that what your boyfriend was doing caused me to have a suezure" Eden firmly spoke anger lacing her words.
"I cared"
"Really"
"When mark came home from the hospital, he screamed at me all night telling me all I did wrong that i had a choice I either kick the guy out or he stays and if he stayed then social services were going to take you away but I created my own choice. I found your dad and we payed him a visit having your dad back in your life kept social services away"
"And you kept your boyfriend. So selfish" Eden yelled as she stood up facing her mum.

Mark came back into the cubicle to find his little sister standing up shouting he wasnt sure at all what was going on.
"Eden whats going on?" Mark questioned he didnt get a response.

"What i never understood was how you can hold a newborn in your arms and decided, you know what i think that this baby will not by my proirity, how mum how?" Eden shouted.

"Mum?" Mark questioned confused.

"I wasnt made to be a mum, I had mark when I was 18, it was such a shock not being able to party and not having my freedom. Mark was a pretty easy baby, once he slept through the night then the freedom came back. The partying I was able to forget that I was a mum and I could just be me. Mark never needed me he had the shephards who always looked out for him then 12 years later I was pregnant again but this time I had mark"

"You made your 12 year old look after your baby. For as long as I can rememebr mark was always the one who looked after me, made me breakfast and lunch before he went to school, he would come home take me with him to the shephards where i would usually fall sleep then he would bring me home. It was never you" Eden shouted angrily.