29

Eden was done in surgery with Mark, every step that was made in that OR Eden wore a smile under her mask, every stitch mark made she felt excited and when it was over she was sad to be done. When surgery was over there was one person she wanted to talk to tell of the exciting surgery.

"Hey dad" Eden spoke softly as she walked into her dads room knowing the pain he went through today.
"Hey sweetie" he replied hiding the pain from her.

"You will never guess what surgery i was just in"
"I dont know tell me"
"I built a little boys ears" Eden literally screamed bouncing up and down, Simon smiled at his daughter's excitement remembering his first plastics surgery the sugery that made him fall for plastics, he had settled with the fact that Eden wouldnt follow in his footsteps but he was starting to see that she might actually.

"I thought you werent meant to be doing long surgeries" Simon asked confused
"Umm no why wouldnt i be able to do a long surgery" Eden said firmly.
"Tell me about the surgery" Simon insisted changing the subject quickly

Eden sat by her dads side telling him everything that happened in the OR every stitch that was made, simon felt that he could picture the OR with the amount of detail she was giving him.

"And i even got to do the sautures, doctor sloan never lets an intern or a resident do sautures on this sort of cases unless he really trusts you he did hover over my shoulder the whole time" Eden told him.
"Doctor sloan?" Simon questioned
"Yeah i call mark doctor sloan in the OR and when talking to a patient to seem you know professional" Eden explained
"Does mark do the same with you, calling you Doctor Abbott?" Simon asked probably already knowing the answer.

"Hmm yeah" Eden laughed "its more my rule then our rule he always calls me Eden i have to remind him im doctor Abbott then he calls me doctor sloan on purpose but hey thats my brother"

"Hey umm dad i have been thinking?"
"Oh no" Simon teased
"Not that bad. About maybe changing my name back to Sloan-Abbott" Eden slowly said.

"Well if thats what you want to do but you know you never know you may have to change it again" Simon tried to say without spoiling the proposal
"What?" Eden asked confused
"Well your with Rory yoy never know you may change it to Matthews you dont want to keep having to change your name do you?"
"Oh dad, i dont think that will happen for a while. We have only been together a few months and hes a fellow im a resident we both work crazy hours"

"If he asked what would you say"
"Really. I havent really rhought about it much. Thats a long way down the line" Eden told him again.

"You say that but things happen that we dont expect" Simon told her
"I know life is full of the unexpected, you have always told me that"

"Hmm yeah I have. You know at 38 i never thought i would be a dad
I thought that my chance of being a dad was gone" Simon explained backing up his point of life being unexpected.
"You were older than mum, i thought the two of you were the same age" Eden asked
"Yes yes i was older than your mum" Simon laughed.

"Had there never been like someone before mum that you thought about having a family with?" Eden asked sensitively.
"There was i was married" Simon told her.
"Married? You never said"
"It never really came up in a conversation with your daughter" Simon explained.

"How long were you married?"
"5 years, i meet Cassie when we were at college her roommate was friends with my room mate thats how we meet then started dating, we went to the same med school, same hospital for our internship. People grow apart and thats what happened with us we barely saw each other because of our hours and soon just became room mates rather than husband and wife so we got an divorce. I dont need those sympathy eyes because if i had stayed with Cassie i would have never had you, you are the best thing that happened to me no mater how cheesy that sounds" Simon smiled.

"How did you feel when mum turned up with me at your work claiming that i was your daughter?" Eden asked a question she had always wanted an answer too.
"Well at first i didnt believe your mum, i knew that she was probably just there for money but then I saw you, I thought i was staring at a photo of my mum when she was 2 you looked exactly like her so i believed your mum but still was hesitant" simon started to explain.
"Did you get a dna test?" Eden asked just curiously also knowing what her mum was like.
"I wasnt going to till you said something"
"Me what did i say" Eden asked confused
"The first thing you said to me was my mark said you have to get DNA test. Whats that?" Eden laughed at the first thing she said to her dad when they meet. "So we did and you were mine. I couldnt believe it that i was dad, or that i was a dad. I was so excited, you and I became close pretty quickly which was something i wasnt expecting anyway the point im trying to make is that some things happen in life that we dont expect sometimes they happen earlier or later than we expected but they are usually good things" Simon wrapped up what he was saying.
"Okay dad" Eden laughed sweetly not really sure what he was on about, before eden could ask anymore they were interupted by a slightly panicked out of breath Mark.

"What are you doing in here?" Mark questioned her firmly.
"I was telling dad all about our surgery" Eden told him as the excitement started to fill her again.
"Werent you paged?" Mark asked her
"Nope" Eden answered confused then coincidently her pager started beeping telling her to go the helo pad, Eden knew this meant a big trauma, her eyes started to widen in excitement.

"Im sorry im being paged to the helopad which has never happened before. Big trauma" Eden told her dad as she went to hug him but saw all the burns so stood back smiling sweetly.

Eden ran out the room then stopped in the doorway turning back round to look at Mark and her dad who were beaming in excitement but those smiles immediatly disappeared when Eden turned back round.

"This is a coincidence you come in here asking about my pager then it goes off and you dad go on about unexpected things whats going on" Eden firmly asked placing her hands on her hips and sternly looking at her brother and dad wanting for answers. The two of them looked at each other hoping the other would think of something to say.

"Your being paged to a big trauma, just think of all the surgeries you will get. How exciting" Mark told her trying his best to keep the truth at bay.
"Yay big trauma all the surgeries" Eden shouted as she bounced out.

Once she left Mark let out a sigh of relief.
"That was close" Mark sighed
"Too close" Simon agreed.

Eden ran to the elevator expecting to find doctor hunt waiting for her but he wasnt there she then thought that maybe he was waiting for her on the helicopter pad but when the doors opened hunt wasnt waiting for her, instead there was a path lit with candles and rose petals.
"What the?" Eden questioned as she started to follow the candles, when the candles were all gone there was more rose petals on the floor making a large heart.

"Theres no trauma" Eden sighed.
"No no trauma" Rory agreed as he appeared behind her.
"Rory" Eden smiled "you did all this"
"Yes yes i did"
"Is it you that asked mark to keep me out of long surgeries" Eden questioned laughing.
"Yeah it was me".
"Why?"

Rory didnt answer to start with, he knelt to the ground on one knee then pulled out the ring and said "will you marry me?"