30

Eden was taking a little girl back to peds after taking her to get a CT when a man walked into the two of them, he didnt even seem to be aware that he had just walked into a sick child, he stopped just behind them.

"Excuse me can you tell me where i would find doctor shephard" the man asked Eden.
Without thinking why he would want to know Dereks where abouts she told him.
"He will be in his office"
"I have been there before but im a little turn around"
"Ah yeah its in the east wing just across the cat walk" Eden smiled at the man who looked confused at her directions "just cross the patient floor on 3 follow the signs to the main lobby then you should find it no problem" Eden told him in a little more detail not think anything sinister about his question.

"Thank you have a nice day" the man said to Eden as he walked away.
"Yeah you too" Eden replied pushing the little girl into the peds wing and the chatter between the two of them started up again.

"Hey, have you told him yet" Rory said as he joined Eden's side slightly spooking her.
"No i havent seen him yet to tell him" Eden replied as she wheeled the girl back into her room helping her onto the bed.
"What about your dad is he still in the hospital could tell them together" Rory smiled excitedly looking at the engagement ring on Eden's finger.
"He got transfered to new york last night so i will ring him but mark needs to know first other wise if i dont tell him he will not be happy at all" Eden explained as the two of them walked over to the nurses station to speak to Arizona as all the pagers went off.
"Lockdown?" Rory read his out in a whisper to Eden.

"Okay everyone, we are sealing the floor, i dont know why and it doesnt matter why but no one goes in or out past the double doors, check on your own patients then come back here and check on the list of patients we dont have many hands on deck and people dont alarm the makers of the tiny humans they will eat you alive" Arizona told everyone as they all despersed.

"Looks like mark wont be finding out just yet" Eden said slightly paniced.
"Hey it will be fine, all will be fine" Rory told her as they both stuck together checking on their patients together and checking in with Arizona every once in a while.

Edens phone then started to ring she looked at it to see marks name come up on her screen she showed it to Rory unsure if she should answer and scared why he could be calling.
"Answer it, its fine" Rory reasurred.

"Hey Mark" Eden answered trying to sound cheery.
"Eden are you okay? Where are you? Im coming to find you"
"Mark im fine, im on peds, im with Rory, where are you are you okay. You need to stay where you are" Eden told him trying to keep herself calm she could hear worry in his voice.
"Stay with Rory, what ever you do stay with Rory" Mark firmly spoke.

"Excuse me sir you have to stay here" Eden heard a voice in the background call then there was gun shots, the panic  took over Eden as Mark went quiet and more gunshots were heard.
"Mark mark mark, are you okay, mark" Eden shouted as all she could hear was screaming lots of screaming.
"Whats happened?" Rory asked Eden who was now shaking.
"I dont know there was gun shots i think there a shooter and marks not talking. Rory, Mark could have been shot I cant lose Mark" Eden said panicing which was turning into tears, Rory pulled her into what he thought was an empty room.

"Eden breath" Rory said trying to reasure her "give me the phone" Rory demanded laying his hand out flat for Edens phone to lay in.
"No no i need to know Mark is alive" Eden spoke firmly but with a slight wobble to her words.

"Eden Eden im fine" Mark spoke to the phone as Eden took a sigh of relief.
"Hes a live" Eden told Rory who smiled softly at Eden but now they had to deal with the fact that there is a shooter in the hospital.
"Are you hurt?" Eden asked
"No no im fine but Eden you have to stay where you are okay?" Mark firmly spoke to her.
"Okay okay i will but we are going to be fine' Eden said trying to be optimistic.
"Eden, just stay with Rory, i will hopefully see you when this is over okay I love you" Mark told her scared this could be it for either of them.
"Mark we are going to be fine" Eden repeated.
"See you soon hopefully" Mark said as the phone call was ended, Eden dropped the phone as if it was on fire.