50

Eden was standing in front of the mirror running her hands down the side of her dress adoring it.

"You look so beautiful" simon beamed at his daughter he couldnt belive this day had come around he felt like it was only yetserday he met her and now shes all grown up ready to start a new chapter of her life one that was taking her far away the furthest they had ever been from each other. He wasnt ready he was use to having her close by.

"You know Mark came with me when i went dress shopping" Eden started to tell the story.
"Did he?" Simon already knew as mark called him to tell him how gorgeous Eden looked but he could tell Eden needed to tell the story.

"I was going to ask Mama  but he asked if i would go suit shopping with his because he need to look beyound handsome as the brode"
"Brode?" Simon questioned, Eden smally laughed.
"Brother of the bride he made it up"
"Of course he did"

"He then sugeested that we could go wedding dress shopping and suit shopping get it all done, it was my way of dropping the bombshell that i had 6 interviews at the most prostieguous plastics programmes he couldnt get cross with me in a wedding dress right?"
"Did he?"
"Nearly. I put this dress on immediatly knowing it was the one i came out to show him and he, he, his reaction was different but a good different he was blown away so as we were admiring me in the mirror i dropped the bombshell he started to say go ho spread your wings you look great then realised what i said and well made sure seattle was in the mix which it was" Eden smiled at the last day she spent with her brother.

"So what was suit shopping like?"
"Stress full. He tried on more suits than i did dresses, well it didnt help that when we were looking i told him he needed to find a suit that matched the bridesmaids dress, i aske him if he would be my maid of honour he didnt answer just hugged me crying he was so happy" Eden then could feel herself getting upset the story then came to end.

"Oh dad i wish he was here" Eden sighed.
"I know sweetie but i can tell you hes watching theres no way he would miss this" Simon reassured her hugging her.

"I keep expecting him to burst through that door telling me to hurry up, to stop crying. Last night kept expecting him to jump in my bed spending the night in my room waking me up at the crack of dawn. Even though it would have been annoying i wish he got to do that" Eden continued.
"I know sweetie."

There was a gentle knock at the door of the bridal room  in came Cristina and Meredith in their bridesmaids dresses with Derek following behind them with a surprise for Eden but she didnt notice it at all.

"Wheres April, did the dress fit? Is she okay? Is it okay thats shes in Lexies place" Eden fired questioned as they walked into the room in awe of her in her dress, Derek was speechless he had known her her whole life to him she was still the 3 year old that forced him and mark to dress up like princess and have a tea party but she wasnt not anymore, he couldnt believe it. He wishes Mark could be here, to see her in her dress, to see her marry her love, to see her first dance. Derek wanted to listen to Mark constantly say my baby sister is all grown up I dont like but his words were shouting in Dereks head when he saw Eden in her dress.

"Shes fine, the dress fits, she did our hair so now doing hers she will be ready. Lexie wouldnt have wanted you to be a bridesmaid down" Meredith softly told her walking to her side.

"How are you feeling?" Meredith asked
"Do you need to run, my cars really fast" Cristina addes
"Cristina" Everyone in the room scolded.
"No no im fine im ready to Marry the love of my life" Eden smiled, Cristina took a step to Merediths side reaveling Derek and the surprise Eden just stood there taking it in.

"Thats thats Marks suit" Edens said emotionly.
"He instructed me to wear it, if he couldnt be here in person he wanted me to be him for you. I hope thats okay?" Derek explained
"Of course it is, you are as much of a big part of my life as my brother" Eden beamed  hugging derek, her chin landed on his shoulder and she could smell him, it was marks soft manly smell, as wierd as it seens it comforted her he was here.