27

Mark was seeing to a patients burn who had come from the tanker explosion, he looked up to admire his handy work when he saw a young girl come into the ER wearing the exact same clothes Eden left wearing for her date to get engaged but this girl wasnt wearing a ring so it cant have been Eden no matter how much she looked like Eden she cant be then the young girl was joined with a man who was wearing the exact clothes that Rory was wearing, Mark was starting to think that it was Eden because it was too much of a coincidence.
He was finished with his patient so he went over to the couple and every step he took he became more certain it was Eden but for her to be here right now something must be wrong the two if them looked okay no one was bleeding so they werent involved in the explosion and if they were called, they would have been in scrubs by now, he was starting to worry about why they were here and Edens face wasnt helping as she was looking very paniced and scared. Her eyes were darting from bed to bed in search of one person
Mark was even more worried.

Eden turned around in the ER looking for any sign her dad was there but she couldnt see him then she spotted Mark walking towards her, she ran to him hoping he had some answers for her.
Mark meet her with a warm smile taking her hand in his noticing there was no ring so either the question wasnt asked or she said no but Rory was tailing behind her trying to comfort her so something interupted the very important date.

"Eden what happened to you date?" Mark asked concerned.
"Is my dad here?" Eden asked concerned
"Simon why would Simon be here" Mark asked for clarifcation.

"He was near the tanker that exploded, they rang me in the ambulance and....and he coded they were bring him here where is he?" Eden firmly asked as the fear for her dads life started to seep in but before Mark could tell her he wasnt here, a guerney was wheeled into the ER.

"Simon Abbott, was very close to the tanker, he has 3rd degree burns on his hands and second degree on his arms. He coded on route" a paramedic started to hand over to Doctor Hunt.

"Dad" Eden called running to her dads side she took her dads hand in hers but then she saw the burns, the blisters, she immediatly let go not wanting to cause more pain so she stayed next to his geurney, holding on too tight to it, the guerney pulling her into a trauma room as the doctors started busying around her trying to examine her dad, she looked up to see the doctors all panicing wanting to help but there wasnt enough hands to help so Eden kicked into surgeon mood, she grabbed a gown from the side of the room and a pair of gloves starting to help no one noticed her.

"Eden what are you doing?" Rory asked her as he joined them in the trauma room, grabbing all of the doctors attention who stopped what they were doing and watched Eden.
"Helping" Eden bluntly said with a slightly obvious tone to her words.

"You need to let the doctors do their job" Rory told her in the same tone he tells worried parents the same thing.
"I know that because i am a doctor so let me do my job." Eden firmly told Rory.
"This is your dad you cant be his doctor" rory softly told her placing his hand on top of hers.

"No no no. I need to help him." Eden shouted pulling her hand away from Rory.
"Eden let us help him" Mark softly said standing next to her.
"No mark i cant lose another parent" Eden told him.
"Eden we've got this" Mark told her.

She stood there unsure of what to do, she wanted to stay there with her dad to help save him but she also knew that if she stayed she would be in the way and Mark will shout at her.

"Eden" simon breathed heavily patting his hand lightly on her shoulder trying to get her attention.
"Dad" Eden smiled glad that he was awake and responsive.
"Let them do their job. I will be fine" Simon told his daughter as she looked down at her hands defeated and scared.

"Come on, Eden" Rory softly told her placing his hands on her shoudlers pulling her away.
"Mark you better keep him alive" Eden bluntly told mark.
"Im the best" Mark told her allowing his ego to talk for him while smirking.
"Hes the best in the country, your the best on the east coast" Eden told him bringing him back to earth.
"Do you wan tme to save him or not?"
"Save him"

When ever Eden walked through the waiting room, she felt sympathy for thsoe hoping their family members survive surgery or the trauma they had just been through she had never once thought she would be sitting here her self hoping to good her dad will be okay.

"Hey Eden, I heard about your dad is there anything I can do?" Derek asked sitting next to Eden.
"Are you asking as Cheif Shepherd or as my big brother?" Eden asked.
"Which ever you need?" Derek smiled.
"Hmm im trying really hard to not ask the chief to get me on that case which i know i would be useless on. So could you get me an update i havent had one since he came in 3 hours ago" Eden asked.
"That i can do" Derek agreed as he got up to get the update for her.

"Oh Derek, congratulations chief" Eden smiled.
"Thank you."
"So how annoyed was Mark when you told him" Eden asked curiously
"Very"
"So worth it" Eden told him as they both started to laugh.

Rory then sat where Derek was sitting he placed a chocolate bar in Edens lap which bought a smile to Edens face.

"You know when i moved on with my dad, he felt so guilty that he worked so long hours and unexpected sometimes when ever he got pulled into a long surgery he would always bring me this chocolate its my favourite, it was his way of saying sorry and it always worked" Eden smiled lightly laughing at the memories this chocolate bar held.

Out if the corner of Rorys eye he cpuld see Mark, Owen Hunt and Derek walking towards them neither of them smiling this couldnt be good.

"Eden, look" Rory softly told Eden as she looked up seeing the three surgeons walking towards her, Owen was still wearing his surgery gown and all three of them still had their scrub caps on, this scared Eden she knew what this meant. She had walked behind surgeons who looked like this as they gave families the worse news they could ever receive.

"No no no" Eden started to panic as the surgeons got closer and Mark couldnt look her in the eye.
"Eden" mark started to say as he took a seat next to her tking her hands in his.
"Dont dont tell me" Eden said through the tears that were starting to stream down her face.

Marks serious face was then replaced with a smile that confused and concerned Eden.

"Oh thats not funny" Eden sighed, at her brothers childish ways. "I thought my dad had died. God mark" Eden said in frustration as she hit marks arm.
"Ow"
"You deserved that" Eden forcefully rold her brother as he rubbed his arm being a little abit over dramatic.

"Doctor hunt can you please tell me how my dad is?" Eden asked
"Hes out of surgery and in the ICU. There was alot of bleeding but we got them all." Hunt told Eden as she let out a sigh of relief still giving her brother a murderous look.
"And his burns, Mark?" Derek promoted him.
"He has 3rd degree burns on his hands that Avery is debrising as we speak and on his arms he has second degree burns. We are going to start all his burns sessions here then as soon as we can we wil transfer him to new york to his hospital to the people he trusts"

"So you told me you are the best and now your sending him away"
"The first few session are the most important they are the ones we are doing here" marke explained his action plan.
"Fine" Eden sighed.
"Can I see him"

"Yes i will take you" Owen smiled as Eden jumped up to follow him.

"Do you feel good about that little stunt?" Rory asked Mark.
"Did you propose?" Mark shoot back as they both just stood there staring hard at each other.

"Rory Eden needs you and Mark that stunt wasnt cool"
"You know chief has made you boring" Mark shot back at Derek who just walked away leaving mark there on his own.

"I thought it would cheer her up" mark said to himself.