6

Standing at the nurses station filling out a patient file totally in a world of her own was Eden when she was pulled out of her world to reality.

"Hi um sorry do you know where peds is, first day dont want to be late" a man spoke who was slightly taller then her, smiling at her, flirting playing on the corner if his mouth staring at her with flattery, Eden noticed the dark blue scrubs, An attending her eyes then landed on the stitched on spiderman flying out of his pocket, Peds attending, of course. The smile he was wearing was now growing on her lips too.

"Ahh well its um 6th floor" Eden stumbled
"Thanks, Im Doctor Rory Matthews, new peds fellow" the new doctor introduced himself holding out his hand for her to shake as their fingers interwinded at this electric shock shot through her body she looked at their fingers, Doctor Matthews looking at their fingers with the same confusion but they never wpoke about it.

Before Eden could even introduce herself there was suddenly someone standing next to her, shaking doctor Matthews hand firmly.
"Hi Im Doctor Sloan head of Plastics and her big brother. She is Doctor Abbott that's all you need to know" Mark said trying to be intimidating.

"Right thanks for that" Eden sneered at her brother  nudging him away from them but he just stood beside them towering over Doctor Matthews.
"Im sorry hes just alittle protective im Eden Abbot by the way I umm hope you enjoy your first day" Eden smiled twiddling her hair with her finger goofly smiling
"Dont worry about it I have two younger sisters I am exsctly the same, I hope to see you around Eden" Rory smiled he was then gone leaving Eden to moan at herself for what she said or how she said it.

"Do I see hair twizzling" Derek questioned walking over being followed by Addison
"You did, Eden likes the new doctor" Addisom smiled.
"I dont" Eden firmly added trying to walk away but Mark was in her way.
"I dont like him" Mark firmly told her crossing his arms over his chest.
"You just meet him" Eden told him.
"He didnt have a nice vibe" Mark totally made up, getting a chuckle from Addison who had to walk away she had never heard Mark say vibe nor thought she would ever hear it.
"Okay sure hes a peds fellow so he probably does have a good vibe because they dont let grumpy none nice vibe people with the children"
"Or he just said thay to win you over" Mark added
"Right im going to my job I will see you around" Eden added, patting her brother on tbe back as she very quickly walked away.

Eden walked into the ER picking up a aptient file.
Noticing its a child she asked soemone to page peds for her.

"Hello William, Im Doctor Abbott, can you tell me what happened?" Eden asked smiling at the young boy.
"I was riding my bike and i fell off" the boy roughly told Eden.

"Hi you paged for a Peds consult" A soft voice spoke not noticing who the intern was.
"Yeah this is," Eden started to say when she looked up to see Doctor Matthews who suddenly started to smile.
"William." Eden finished turning back to the patient.
"Hello William i am Doctor Matthews, i love your top. Harry potter" doctor Matthews spoke Eden stared at him in adoration.

"Well you were very brave, all seems fine im going to get some one to come look at your head so you will have a scar like harrys for little while"
"I will be like harry potter" the boy said excited.

Doctor Matthews didnt need her help anymore as he had sent William up for a scan, she was standing in the ER waiting for another trauma to come in.
She hadn't seen Doctor Matthews walk behind her to her side.

"So lunch?" Doctor matthews asked out of no where confusing Eden and slightly spooking her.
"Sorry I had this whole speach prepared in my head. I was wondering would you like to have lunch with me today"
"Yes I would love to but" Eden started to say her usual excuse to starting her love life, im an intern i work really weird hours.

"Before you give the surgeon excuse i was thinking lunch here at the hospital"
Eden didnt answer at first she was speechless why would someone voluntarily eat the hospital food but she wanted to get to know this doctor she could feel herself falling for him and needed more facts before she decided to follow through with the feelings or to put a stop to them.
"Yes Yes I would love that" Eden smiled in agreement.
"Great I will come find you later" Doctor Matthews smirked walking away.

"Who is that?" Cristina asked joining Eden with Izzie and Meredith.
"That is doctor Rory Matthews" Eden smiled.
"More like Doctor hotty"
"Did he ask you for lunch?" Mereidth guessed
"He did but there must be something wrong with him who would voluntarily want to eat hospital food in the hosptail that my brother works at"
"Oh hes gonna be killed by mark it was mice knowing him" Izzie added

"Hey Alex your on Plastics today right?" Eden grabbed Alex pulling him towards the group of girls as the poor intern looked terrified for a split secodn then the normal firm and stern face Alex returned.
"Yes"
"Does my brother have any long surgeries planned today around lunch time"
"Umm no why"
"She has a date" the three girls squealed excitedly for their friend.
"Who?"
"The new doctor, doctor Rory Matthews peds fellows" Eden quickly told him.

"Could you like get his lucnh for him or stall him so that he doesnt crash my date" Eden suggested
"Hmm let me think no" Alex smirked as he walked away.
"Evil spawn" Cristina called for her.

"Oh well it was nice knowing Rory" Eden sighed throwing her head into her hands.

Eden was really enjoying this lunch date, Rory seemed really nice they hadnt stopped talking since they sat down and it felt like she had known him forever he was easy to talk to. Luckly mark hadnt crashed the date yet. Maybe thats wishful thinking

"Hello what we eating?" Mark asked sitting down on the same table as the two young doctors
"Our lunch like you sure you have patients"
"Hmm now I thought I had a patient called Mrs McNobiss" Alex snifled his laugh at the name he made up, Eden just shock her head at the made up patient name "but i don't rememebr ever doing a preop appointment with this lady so I asked Karev and well he told me that you asked him to distract me at lunch so i couldnt interupt this, this lovely lunch date" Mark told her.

"So Doctor Matthews lets talk about you"
"Mark" Eden sneered warning him
"Sure what do you want to know?" Rory accepted allowing Mark to do his grilling.

"Where did you grow uo?"
"New york"
"Where?"
"Brooklyn"
"Hmm we're from Manhattan, Where did you go for college?"
"Harvard"
"Med school?"
"Stanford"

"Hmm interesting you moved across the country for med school"
"Yes, my family were moving to san fransico anyway so i moved with them" Mark slowly nodded sort of hating the repsonse hoping to trip him up but he seemed perfect.

"So what do your parents do?"
"They own a flower shop"
"Oh wow thats really sweet" Eden gushed
"Siblings"
"2 younger sisters, Molly who is 2 years younger than me and a 1st grade teacher and Daisy is the youngest she is 4 years younger than me and she helps my parents with the flower shop" Rory answered.

"Why did you chose Peds?"
"Umm well peds is so much fun, the children believe in magic and all things make belief"
"Thats really sweet"

"Right i think this interrogation is done" Eden suggegsed
"I have more questions" Mark sneered
"Save them for another day" Eden firmly told him through her teeth.
"Its fine I dont mind" Rory smiled sweetly knowing the way to get Marks aproval was to humor the questions.

"He doesnt mind"
"Hmm sure" Eden hummed allowing Mark to continue and he did.

"Whats your intentions with my sister?" Mark asked dead pan.

Eden nearly spat her drink out on her brothers questions. "Mark, are you serious"
"Come on, what sort of person meets qnother person in the morning then what 30 minutes later asks them for lunch?"
"You do that, you hit on someone ask them for a drink then sleep with them" Eden bluntly told him.

"Look, i think Eden is beutiful, she is lovely, amazing at her job, I wanted to get to know her better and I couldnt get her out of my head all morning" Roey told mark gaining his satisfaction.
"And I really hope we can do this again, i know we both have busy schedules so Hospital lunch dates are great"

"Serious, i would love that" Eden beamed.
"Are you done?" Eden asked
"Hmm for now" mark sneered as he got up.

"Im so sorry about him" Eden apologised again.