20

Eden woke up in the shephards house in their spare room which was more like her room growing up, she could smell pancakes wofting up the stairs which immediately got her jumping out of bed running down the stairs ready for pancakes her favourite mama style.

"Morning" Eden smiled as she jumped down the stairs taking a seat at the table behind a stack of pancakes.
"Morning sweetie" mama smiled as she turned round with one more pancake for her.
"Mark just called he asked if you could him once your awake" mama told Eden as she took her seat next to Eden.

"Is it alright if I do it now?" Eden asked, knowing the shephards rule of no phones at the table.
"Of course, we both know if you dont do it now mark will only worry" Mama agreed.

Eden propped her phone up in the middle of the table as it rang Mark, she decided to face time him then she would be able to eat her pancakes and he could see she was eating a question she knew would come up.

"Look whose finally awake" mark shouted down the phone smiling to finally see his little sister even if it was on his phone screen.
"Morning Mark" Eden smiled
"Are you having pancakes" mark asked as his eyes widened at the sight of her plate.
Eden didnt answer she just took a big bite of her pancake teasingly.
"Thats not fair" mark moaned.
"We can have pancakes when your here" mama confirmed keeping the peace which it did.

"How are you feeling?" Mark asked concerned.
"Im good" Eden smiled convincingly.
"No mum?" Mark whispered knowing Eden didnt want anyone to know about her hallucinations.
"Mark" mama sneered not wanting to upset or even tempt fate.
"Mama its fine, no no mum" eden agreed as she saw the relief wash over Mark.

"So whats the plans for today"
"While currently just devouring this amazing tower of pancakes" Eden teased.
"Eden" Mama warned her the same tone she uses for her children when shes telling them off.
"We are going to see Kathleen" Mama added as she appeared over Edens shoulder, no one commented as they knew she had to go. It was the agreement she made with Psych when they released her.
"And your dad is coming over for dinner isnt he" Mama added bring the joy back to the conversation.

Eden could  hear talking in the background on marks part and all she could see now was his ear.

"Eden look who just walked past" Mark beamed moving the phone to reveal Rory, Edens face light up and so did Rorys.
"Hey Eden, hows new york?" Rory asked smiling lovingly.
"Its okay" Eden answered she had only got to New york last night so not really been there long.
"Well the hospital isnt the same without you" Rory genuinely said. "I miss you"
"I miss you too"

"Umm excuse me what about your favourite brother" Mark asked as the phone was thrown back into his direction."i miss you too"
"Well, i have the weekend off so i thought i could come join you in new york" Mark suggetsed
"You dont have to do that" Eden told him.
"I want to then i can have mamas famous pancakes" Mark smiled.
"They will be waiting"
"If i dont eat them first" Eden teased.

Mark smiled, she had only been im new york for less than a day he was slowly starting to see his little sister come back the funny kind girl not the one that snapped at everything and hid stuff from him. He hated that he had to commit her into psych that he had to hand her over to doctors he didnt know and just wait for the phone call that he could have her back, those 2 days he didnt sleep he didnt eat he couldnt work as Eden was all he could think about he spent those two days with his phone in his hand pacing outside of psych but all of that was worth it for her to be getting better.

"Well i have patients so does Rory so i will talk to you later. Bye Eden" Mark smiled as Rory shared the screen with him they both waved to Eden as she shouted her goodbye. Then they were gone.