31

Eden was standing in the main reception area leaning up against the wall waiting for Derek, it was his first day back after the shooting and he was giving a speech that everyone was waiting for.

"Hello" Mark smiled as he stood next to Eden.
"Hi" eden smiled back.
"Hows Rory?" Mark asked curiously
"Hes fine, its his first day back today" Eden told him.
"Well he needs to get cleared first" Mark enquired.
"He got cleared yesterday so he could come back straight away no waiting about" Eden explained.
"Are you cleared?" Mark asked
"Yes i got cleared 2 days ago"
"What" Mark basically screamed "this guy cant be professional he cleared you and Lexi right thats lets go find him" Mark forcefully said as he grabbed Edens wrist but before he could drag her off they were interupted by everyone Clapping and Derek walking towards them.

"Once Derek is done talking then we will go and find this so called doctor" Mark informed her.

"Thank you very much" Derek thanked as he stood on the steps looking out to those standing infront of him but he kept glancing at the scan in his hand. "Its great to be back first of all i would like to thank Doctor Webber for stepping up in my absense, im greatful for all of you during my recovery its just so great to be back as cheif, im sorry thats a lie its what people say the truth is i hate being cheif hate it, cheif webber hes our chief, im sorry this giant tumor ive got to look at this. I quit" Derek dropped a bomb shell then just left.

"He quit" Eden said to mark in shock as she was dragged away from the main reception really hoping that derek quitting would distract Mark from what he said he would do but he didnt.

On their way to doctor perkins they walked passed Lexi who was too grabbed but a little more gentle then Eden.

"Whats he doing?" Lexi asked Eden  they were both dragged behind Mark.
"I told him i was cleared assuming you were cleared too so he is taking us to Doctor Perkins" Eden filled her in  they stopped outside doctor Perkins office, mark basically kicked it open pushing both girls in not realising he had interupted a session, perkins was having with Karev.

"Doctor Sloan i am in a session" Doctor Perkins firmly told mark.
"You cleared Lexi Grey, i.had to commit her into psych agaisnt her will last week" Mark shouted "and you cleared Eden, she saw our dead mum during the shooting" mark continued. "And you just clear the two of them. What the hell kind of doctor are you"

"Ill come back" Karev said as he very quickly left the room.
"Yeah you walk away your good at that" mark shouted after Karev.

"She got snowed, pysch put her on heavy does of antipyschotics and benzos she slepped for 50 hours, she woke up she was no longer a risk, she has PTSD most of you do but for her it caused sleep deprivation which led to a breakdown all she needed was sleep. The protocol calls for her to go back to work" Doctor Perkins told Mark about Lexi.
"See im fine really" Lexi firmly told mark as she left the room.

"And Eden" Mark asked getting an eye roll from.his sjster.
"Eden is taking her antipyschotics regular keeping on top of it, she saw your mum due to the high pressure high stress that she was under and the fact that she hadnt been taking her meds becaus she had seen your mum or heard her for weeks and felt that it was done she was gone away. Shes ready for work" Doctor perkins firmly told Mark.
"Mark, im fine i promise im fine" Eden told her brother softly as their pagers both started to beep it was Derek.

"Oh my god" callie gasped as all 3 of them walked into the  scan room that Derek was in.
"Wow you werent kidding" marke eclaimed looking at the scans.
"The last surgeon broke the dura which enabled the tumor to mushroom into the brain and down into the spine" April told her.
"Wrapped around his brain stem and spine whatever we do we've got to do it quickly" Derek added
"The size of this thing normally i would open up the sinus or the hard palet" Mark noted
"Now you have to do both" derek told him
"Split his face open" Eden said excited
"That means sinus, hard palet, tongue, jaw" Sloan listed what he needed to do

"Broken jaw is extremely painful let alone the rest" Callie informed them all
"Does this kid know what he is in for" Meredith asked
"He wants to live i dont think he cares about the pain" derek Snapped
"You dint know how inmeshed the tumor is you don't even know if you can get it" Mereidth added
"Thankyoy doctor grey" Derek sniped
"If you want to try this thing Tores and me need to coordinate, what we thinking a week" Sloan told him
"No later" Derek told them
"I will clear my schedule, welcome back doctor shephard." Toress said as all three of them left the room ready to find away to do this.

As the three of them walked away Eden saw Lexi and saw the look Mark gave her as they passed she knew she needed to say soemthing to explain marks actions towards Lexi.
"Hey umm i will catch up with you" Eden told them.
"Dont be to long" Torres replied pulling mark away before he demanded that Eden stayed with him.

"Hey Lexi" Eden smiled standing infront of Lexi who jumped slightly.
"Look im sorry about Mark, he cares about you. Mark has now had to commit two people that he cares deeply about to psych. When he commited me he behaved the same way he is with you but with me i went to new york so he rang me and texted me constantly but with you he hovers, he checks on your work. Hes doing the same to me but he is tieing me to his service not letting me out if his sight you know the first night after the shooting i spent at his just because at Mereidths i just couldnt be there seeing everyones face of how we were all affected I had to be with him and he hasnt let me leave. This is how mark shows he cares." Eden explained then she was gone, leaving lexi to digest her words.

The week that Callie and mark had given each other they didnt actually need as they got their plan done quickly today was the day.

"Hey" Rory whispered in Edens ear as he wrapped his arms  around her from behind.
"Hello" She smiled.

"Hes still not letting you in his surgeries" Rory noted
"Nope he is not nor am I allowed to be on anyone elses service. He even screamed at perkins for clearing me oh and Lexi." Eden filled Rory in.
"He cares, its how he shows his love, he wasnt near you in the shooting and he probably is beating himself up over it so he is keeping you close to keep you safe. He cares Eden"
"That is basically what I told Lexi" Eden smiled at her fiances wise words.
"Still i should be assisting" Eden firmly added all Rory did was laugh at how desperate she was to be in a plastics surgery when not that long ago she was dead agaisnt plastics she was really starting to fall in live with it and Mark was loving it.