9

Rory had suggested that instead of dinner just going to Joes for a drink would be better after the day Eden had and Eden took him up on that it was a day she wished to forget.

"Do you want to talk about today?" Rory asked as he came back to their table with their drinks in hand.
"Theres not really alot to talk about" Eden smiled, Rory didnt push her he could tell that she just didnt want to talk about it.

she turned back to Rory who was just smiling at her lovingly, Eden very quickly caught the same  look.
They spent the night laughing and talking about the smallest things but they were truly enjoying each others company.

The date had ended to each of theirs disappointment, Rory had driven Eden home and walked her to the door of Merediths home where Eden lived with many other interns.

"Do you want to come in?" Eden asked cautiously unsure if it wa what Rory wanted.
"I would love to" Rory smiled as the door opened.
Eden was excited to spend more time with Rory no matter what they do or how long they are together but her evening plans very quickly changed from just stepping into the door of the home.

Eden turned to shut the door, in the corner of her eye she saw Mark sitting in the living room with Derek and the tension usually between them was gone, something felt very off.

"Mark, why you here?" Eden asked bluntly she then noticed that their mum wasnt near by.
"Wheres mum?" Eden asked ans she got her answer, Mark couldnt look he rin the eye, he opened his mouth to say something but the words never followed.

"Eden come sit" Derek asked.

"Im gonna go but please call me later" Rory told her softly knowing that they needed to talk to just her, he hugged her and sweetly kissed her forehead then he was gone she wanted him to stay she needed him but she knew that something was off.

Eden took a seat in the middle of the sofa as Derek and Mark slid to her side, derek pulled Edens hand onto his squeezing it tightly then the difficult conversation began. The conversation Eden never thought she would be apart well not this soon that is.

"Eden, your mum she ODed, mark tried all he could to bring her back but she was gone there was no bring her back" Derek told her.

Eden wasn't sure at all how to react, she hadnt seen her mum the morning she left, she didnt have a life time off memeories only 6 years off them and most of them were tainted with her being drunk, there wasnt a whole lot of happy in there.

Eden heard mark sniffle she knew what that meant so she turned and threw herself at mark wrapping her arms around her big brother.

The Missing SloanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara