15

In the pit everyone was watching every move Eden made like a hawk, after what happened in there yesterday, she needed to be busy and she was hiding she knew that mama shephard, nancy and Liz were still in seattle, she knew they wouldn't leave till they had spoke to her till they were sure she was okay but she really wasnt she felt crazy and knew if she spoke about what had happened yesterday she would sound crazy.

Eden had  finished with a patient, she was at the nurses station handing in the patient file ready pick up the next file to start all over again when a voice started shouting for help, Eden ran to the doors tk the ambualnce bay she wasnt ready to be meet with what she found.

A little girl who looked about 5 with her mums arm slumped around her neck the mum didnt look with it.

"Help me, my mummy shes a drug addict, she went to a party last night and didnt come home till after breakfast" the young girl spoke, Eden should have been shocked that a 5 year old knew what a drug addict was but then she was that 5 year old.

"Kiddo she looks like you did at 5 cute as abutton" her mums voice appeared but she ignored it.

"Hi im Doctor Abbott, can I help you carry your mummy" Eden asked crouching to the little girls level who was holding tightly onto her mums arm.
The little girl nodded as Eden took the weight of the mum from the little girl.

Just as the mum was now standing up striaght leaning on Eden she held her head up then was sick all over Edens trainers the mummy went floopy again.
"Mummy" The little girl softly spoke as she rubbed her mums back.

"And caring like you, you use to do that to me"

"Can someone get me a geurney now" Eden shouted.
A nurse appeared by her side with a geurney as she carefully helped the mum get on the bed as she laid on the bed her arms flopped to the side she then saw all the injection sites along her arms and the bruises, Eden pulled the little girl behind her wanting to protect her, not wanting to take anymore of her childhood that her mum already had.

"Get her to bed 4" Eden asked the nurse "i will be there in a minute" Eden told the nurse as she turned to the little girl who didnt look at all scared.

"Whats your name?" Eden asked the little girl.
"Louise"

"Your middle name"

"Whats your mummys name?"
"Michelle" Louise told her as she watched the nurses hooking her mum up to different machines.
"Wheres your daddy?'' Eden asked
"He left when I was a baby its just me and my mummy. She will be okay?" Louise asked
"We will try our best to help her" Eden told the little girl.
"Shall we go see your mummy" eden asked standing up holding her hand out of the girl to take which she did.

Once they got to michelle's side, she pulled her daughter up onto the bed careful of the wires.

"How you feeling mummy?" Louise asked her mum.
"Im fine Kiddo dont worry about me"

Eden was chekcing the patient file the nurse handed her she knew it wasnt her that said Kiddo but as she turned around to ask Michelle some questions, she didnt see Louise and her mum she saw her and her mum in that hospital bed with mark pacing at the bottom of the bed.

"I remember that day, you took me to the hospital. You were so scared, your were trying to be brave for mark who was freaking out and was angry at me. You always had my side Kiddo".

Eden turned back around with her back to the patient bed hoping that when she turned back to Ella and her mum she would see them but her mum and 5 year old Eden was still lieing in that bed.

Mark walked into the ER as he had been paged he saw Derek leaning on the nurses station staring into the ER with adoration usually that look is saved for Meredith, mark quickly looked round and couldnt see Mereidth anywhere.