18

Eden was in the ambulance bay with Doctor Torres waiting for the ambulances to come in with those injured from the apartment explosion, the chief took the first patient, Eden stayed with Doctor torres to triage the next.

The next ambulance stopped and before the doors opened a cry from a baby could be heard, the door flew open to show the crying baby in the paramedics arms with the dad closely following after worried about his son.

"Doctor Abbott, take the baby" Doctor Torres instructed as Eden followed closelt behind trying to examine the boy but he wouldnt srop crying.

"How close was he to the explosion?' Eden asked
"He was in the living room it happened in the Kitchen so not close" The dad told her but his son was still crying so it was very hard for derek to do a neuro exam.

"Everything seems fine but Eden keep me updated okay" Derek instructed as he left.

"Come on stop crying can you do that for daddy just stop crying" the dad begged.

"You were like that cry all the time, you wouldnt srop for me but the minute you saw mark or he held you all the crying stopped"
"Why do you think that was?" Eden mumbled.

Her mum gave her an idea, Eden gently scooped the baby boy out of the bed and into her arms, gently bouncing him on her hip and he started to calm down.
"So you have the same special touch as marky".

"Doctor Abbot his tests are back" a nurse called giving her the envelope.
"Should i page doctor shephard?" The nurse asked
"No hes gonna into surgery, i can look" Eden told her pulling the test result out and quickly looked over it to see nothing of concern.

"Whats wrong is he okay?" The dad asked
"Yes hes fine but im going to run a few more tests just to completely make sure he is okay" Eden explained.

Eden then smelt soemtbing on the child a smell she had only smelt once before when she was little, a smell she never wanted to smell again but she knew what caused the explosion.
"Could you run a tox screen to, i have a suspicion that i hope is wrong" Eden asked the nurse.
"Yes doctor" the nurse agreed.

"Hey i got your page" Rory smiled appearing behind Eden who was still holding the baby.
"Yes this is Brian, he was involved in an apartment explosion this morning that happened in the kitchen while he was in the living room. His head CT is clear, we are running some further tests" before she continued she looked over her shoulder to see where the dad was who was getting an update on his wife "im running a tox screen because he smells like meth" Eden whispered.

"Okay well why dont we get him upstairs, get him comfortable while we wait for the results, here I'll take him" Rory suggested as he tried to take Brian from Eden as Rory lifted Brian out of Edens arms the crying started again louder much louder than before.
"Well someone likes you, are you okay to come up?" Rory asked
"Of course more time with this guy" Eden cooed as they started to walk to peds.

"You have the touch just like marky"

Eden had just got Brian settled into the cot, out of her arms as long as she was near him then he didnt full on scream cry.
"Doctor Abbott?" A nurse asked opening the door slightly.
"Blood work" Eden guessed as she looked at the results in frustration she was right.
"Were you right?"

"Crazy isnt it"
"Stay here, dont leave him alone please?" Eden asked the nurse she left to find Rory  she didnt know what she needed to do about the bloodwork.

"Rory" Eden called as he came out of the patient room next to the one she was just in. Before he could say anything she threw the bloodwork in his face.
"Ahh crap you were right" he sighed.
"What now? I have a nurse staying with them at all times so the dad isnt left alone with Brian, what now " Eden asked.
"We find the chief and tell him, hes in surgery, lets go" Rory isntructed walking ahead of her.

Eden caught up with him. They walked in silence to the OR. Eden was fighting jerself over the fact that this little baby was living with drug dealers, his organs were being put at harm because of his parents.

"I never did Meth. It made me space out far to much. Didnt like it"
"No you just allowed that one boyfriend to cook it like these parents" Eden snapped at her mum, she waited to reply when Rory was out of ear shot.

"Found him" Rory shouted as Eden ran over to him.

"Chief the 1 year old Brian is strung out on Meth" Eden shouted ranning into the OR grabbing everyones attention.
"What" Derek shouted back
"It was a meth lab that blew up, this women and her husband are running meth lab in the home that their child is growing up in, why derek why?" Eden questioned

"Doctor Abbott tell Doctor Torres to follow the exposure procedure for chidlren tell her i am counting on her" the chief told Eden.
"Yes sir" Eden agreed as she turned around and left.

"Should I be worried about that?" The chief asked Derek concerned
"Eden was like that baby but she wasnt 1 she was a two year old living in a house where her mum and mums boyfriend cooked meth, she was Brian kristler, she ended up in the hospital because her body couldnt cope with meth anymore and one day she had a siezure in mine and Marks arms." Derek informed the chief who didnt responded with words but with his facial expression under his mask he smiled sympatheticly.

"They were shooting him up" Doctor Torres asked clarifying what Eden had just told them.
"They werent, when you cook meth the fumes  coats the walls the floors, the baby walks around puts his hands in his mouth its gets into his bloodstream" Eden explained walking alongside Doctor Torres with Rory on her other side.
"Okay call police and social services i will spread word" Doctor Torres instructed her.
"Wait what about the dad? Eden asked
"Call the police and social services they take care of the dad and the baby" Torres repeated as Eden and Rory went back to Brians room.

Brian had pulled out his IV so Eden was having to reinsert it was proving to be pretty dificult.
"Thats a big needle" dad shouted.
"I know but his iv came out we need to keep him hydrated" Eden explained what she was doing it.
"Im sorry im freaking out alittle do you have an update for me for my wife" the dad asked
"Of course she has a large crater in her abdomen so if she does survive surgery its going to be a long recovery" Eden explained
"Shes going to be okay right" the dad clarified, he was struggaling with his sons constant crying and Eden could see it was starting to get to him and soon he was about break well not soon.
"Brain look at me, okay brain stop crying brain stop" the dad yelled.

"He cant stop, his nervous system is shot his brain and heart is compromised he can't stop crying because he is in withdrawal from the crystal meth you were making" Eden fimrly spoke.

"No no he wasnt in the room" the dad paniced
"It was all over the house" Eden told him.
"I love my son, i lost my job we were broke, i dont use, i love my family"
"Well you will be doing that from jail now" Eden sassed ultimately regretting what she said as the dad pushed her over hard in anger at what she said and implied, Eden fell back knocking her head on a table behind her.
The dad didnt stick around to get help he pulled Brian out of his cot and took off.

Mark was walking through peds looking for a patient of his when he caught sight of something that didnt look quite right, a patient room door was open wide swinging and in the door way he could see a shoe and a light blue scrub leg then as he got closer he saw it was Eden lying on the floor.

"Eden" Mark shouted as entered the room to see the cut on the back of her head and blood tainted dark brown hair.

"Help in here" Mark shouted unsure of what stated Eden would be in when he got her up "and get me Torres, Shephard and Matthew's".