23

Rory had woken up a little while ago but he was enjoying just laying next to Eden while she snored ever so loudly in his ear something neither of them have done yet spend the night together. They didnt really get to sleep till late because all they did was talk, Eden wanted to know all that she had missed so Rory filled her in on the merger and the arrival of the mercey westers but keeping the secret of Goerges death as they had all agreed.

Rory then heard chatter coming from downstairs that sounded like Derek and mark, he needed to ask them a question knowing that if he asked Eden his very important question without speaking to them first well mainly Mark he would probably kill him, he felt now was the best time before he tried to propose again.

He very carefully peeled himself out of bed without steering Eden one bit he was pretry impressed with his skills.

"Morning Rory" Mama called as she had spotted him coming down the stairs.
"Mornimg Mrs Shephard"
"Call me Carolyn its fine no need for Mrs shephard" mama told him keeping some form of formality between them.

"Hey Rory" Derek smiled as Rory awkwardly stood next to him unsure what to do or where to go or how to even start his question.

"Doctor Matthews" Mark said acknowledging him, Rory didnt even try to correct him he knew he couldnt piss him off right now and he respected Marks protectiveness as its the exact why he is with his sisters.

"Mark your not in the hospital call him Rory thats his name" Mama told Mark sternlt.
"Fine Rory" Mark said defeated.

Rory was just about to speak his question when the front door opened and into the house came Simon, Rory let out a sigh of relief as he could ask everyone in one go.

"Umm as you are all here i wanted to ask you a question" Rory started as all eyes were on him waiting for his next words.
"So i know me and Eden have only been together for 3 months and you will all probably say its far to soon but I love Eden with all my heart she is the kindness person, when she was at her lowest she was still there 100% for her patients and friends. She truly just wants to make everyone happy even if she has never meet them she wants them to be happy, she is just such a positive person as well. I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her. So im going to ask her to marry me but i wanted to ask your 4s blessing first as you are all so important to her, Carolyn she is always talking about her mama shephard and how your like a mum to her, Derek she sees you like an older brother, Mark you are actually her older brother and she does idiolise you and simon you probably know Eden the best out of all of us and i know that you word along with Marks means so much to her. I know that she may not be to happy im asking blessing but i knew if i didnt some of you may be a little cross" The words literally flew out of his mouth  and once they were all out he could bretah again.

"By some of us you mean Mark he would definitely be cross" Derek laughed at mark who just looked at him sternly.
"Shes my baby sister she deserves the best" Mark defended

"As mark said she is our baby sister, i have watched her grow up never once thought of her as my best friends baby sister she has always been mine, shes been through so much in her life and recently she deserves the best, it is soon but when you know you know, i think the two of you are the best, you are perfectly matched you have my blessing" Derek gushed.

"Coming from mister Divorcee" Mark noted
"And whose fault is that" Derek threw back
"Boys" Mama warned seeing the territory they were getting into.

"Eden is one of my children i may not have carried her but i have helped raise her and she has grown into a beautiful young lady. When the two of you meet she rang me that night to tell me all about this peds fellow who asked her for directions then had a lunch date with her in the hospital which baffled her and intetested her, she has spoken about you nearly every day this week. I can tell she truly loves you and that you love her too. I wish you both all the happiness in the world becaue she deserves it but so do you so you have my blessing" Mama smiled

"Who would voluntaily eat hospital food" Mark questioned
"Dont think the food was the baffling part it was the fact that they were eating where you would eat" Derek pointed out
"Im such a delight to eat with what are you trying to say"
"Hmmm sure" Derek noted

"My daughter is very kind and caring to anyone that she meets that sometimes in the past she has let in anyone into her life and she is very forgiving these qualities are her strengths but sometimes also causes her down fall in relationships but you Rory, as Carolyn said she is so in love with you all she talks about is you I was regularly told about your lunch dates and this pass week if i called her I wasnt allowed to call during your lunch because the two of you were having a virtual lunch date which made her feel so special, you make her feel loved which is something she hasnt felt before in relationships and in the past, you make her feel special and that she can do anything with you by her side. You bring out the best of her but yet you also support her to be the best surgeon she can be, i know that you told Arizona Robbins that she had to be the lead on that end of life case the day after her mum died because you knew that in despite of the fact the she was grieving she would give that little girl the best last day on this planet and you were right. I know that she too supports you to be the best and is up in that gallery watching your surgeries cheering you on. The two of you just work well together so you have my blessing'' Simon beamed.

All eyes now on mark who was tucking in to his pancakes thinking of what to say.
"Mark?" Rory questioned silently.

"What"
"Just you to answer" Derek pointed out.

"No'' he didnt evem hesitate, Everyone groaned at his answer that all of them expected him to say even Rory.
"Mark" Mama sneered

"Fine fine, you can have my blessing, you love her i can tell that, you would do anything for her, you weren't given an invite by me for yesterday but you found Carolyn's number and rang her to ask if you could come to surprise her despite me not wanting you to, your not scared of me i like that, you put Eden first I like that so yes you have my blessing"
Everyone started to cheer so excited for the proposal till mark ruined it a little
"But" mark interrupted the cherring, Everyone knowing what he was going to say.
"Mark dont" Mama warned
"But if you hurt her, i will hurt you because that girl is so special, no one deserves her i dont desevre to be her brother. Dont you dare hurt her" Mark threatened slightly scaring Rory.
"I would never dream of it"

"Good" mark said firnly then his face and tone changed imeddiatly from intemidating to soft and cheert "well welcome to the family" mark pulled him into a hug.

"So when you planning to do it" mama asked curious
"I dont know, I was going to do yesterday before you opened the door on us. I have the ring, i jusy want to ask her every second but i want to make memoriable and romantic i know she would like that"

"Oh yes she would" mama and Simon answered then they all started to give him ideas on how and where and when he could pop the question.