4

Eden was in Joes bar with tbe other interns watching Mark talking to Meredith. Waiting for Derek to run in punching him again but sadly to Edens disappointment it didnt happen.

"So what is the deal with you and Mcsteamy?" Izzie asked Eden cauriously
"Hes my brother" Eden bluntly said with a slight durr tone.
"I know that but why is it tense with the two of you?"

"Ahh that you really want to know?" Eden clarified as all 4 of them lent closer to her waiting for the story.
"Its not exciting"
"Go on" George prompted her.

"Mark left for college when i was 6, he promised me that when he finished college and med school he would come back for me to live together. We didnt have the best childhood our mum preferred partying than being a mum. I dont know why mark just left" eden roughly told them.

"I can tell you" Mark answered standing behind the interns as they all suddenly dispersed.
Mark took the seat next to Eden, she didn't protest because no matter the amount of times she said out loud that she didnt want to know she really did want to know how her brother who always told her he would be there for her, that it was them two against the world could just walk away from her never coming back.

"The night before I left for college me and mum got into an argue she had come back late drunk. She came into my room woke me up begging me not to go to college, she" mark stopped, what he was about to say could break what ever lasting respect she had for her mum and he didnt want to do that so he skipped the heart breaking bit "she switched saying that if I left I would never be welcomed back into the house if I left I couldn't see you again and if I tried to behind her back like at the shephards house she would move out of New York with you, away from your dad, she wouldnt tell anyone. So i stayed away, even though I am not your dads biggest fan I know how much you loved your weekends with him it was your escape from mum. Im sorry Eden" Mark explained.

"Its not your fault. If you stayed you wouldnt have followed your dream, Mark you looked after me for 6 years, you were the best big brother anyone could ever ask for you did more than any big brotber would. She put you in an awkward position" Eden apologised finally knowing the true reason he left her behind helped her finally put her annoyance towards mark to one side and actually be glad he's back.

"Eden i should have checked in, I should have called." Mark suddenly told her his regrets the first time he had spoken them out loud.
"Its fine"
"So how is mum?" Mark asked softly he knew the truth but wanted to hear from Eden.
"Ahh well I havent seen her since 2 months after you left" Eden matter of factly told him avoiding his sad, sympathetic look he was giving her.
"Ahh you havent oh im sorry" Mark said trying to act surprised.
"Its fine, i then moved in with Dad so that was a real big positive from it"

"How was living with your big ahot dad?" Mark teased
"It was good, amazing really. He moved from brooklyn to Manhattan, we moved out that house as it held to many reminders of what was gone, we moved further from the shephards we were now a 30 minite car instead of a 10 minute walk but we still saw them everyday, mama shephard would take me and pick me up from school everyday.
Living with dad was like a fairytale compared to mums. We would make dinner together, bed time stories were my favourite time of the day." Eden told him.
"So it worked out"
"Yeah it did someway"

"So whay was it like when your dad one of Harper Avery"
"It was so much fun, I felt like we were at a movie awards, i wore a very pretty dress, every one was so smart we ate posh food then when Dad won everyone wanted our picture. I didnt really understand what a Harper Avery was but it was a great night"
"I saw your picture on the medical journal. You seemed so happy" Mark smiled at Eden who returned the smile.