35

It was 5 in the morning Eden needed to be at work in an hour she was just sitting in the kitchen eating her breakfast getting ready for the craziness the shift was probably going to throw at her, her thoughts were disrupted by the creaking of the stairs, she knew that everyone in that house were on a later shift than her, out of curiousity Eden pocked her head round the door to see her big brother sneaking down the stairs with no top on. She rolled her eyes at her brothers antics not even wanting to think who he had just spent the night with.

"Morning i brought you coffee as you asked for in your text. So what are we doing today any surgery" Eden smiled as she gave Mark his coffee and Derek laughed at the two of them.

"Your not on my service" Mark told her taking a sip of the coffee.
"You what" Eden said a little to over excited.
"Your with me" Derek added.
"I am, thank yoy thank you" Eden bounced hugging her brother.

"Not that i havent loved spending the last month with you every day. I have truly enjoyed but why now. You havent let me in a surgery yet so why?"
"I asked him, everyday for the last month" Derek defended Marks action.

"So am i going to do surgery" Eden asked excited.
"Yes. I have a spinal fusion this morning go prep the patient" Derek smiled watching the excitement on Edens face grow.
"Are you serious" Eden said wide eyed.
"Yes go" Eden ran off to the patient to get him ready.

"Are you sure shes ready for this?" Mark bluntly asked Derek.
"Yes yes shes ready." Derek nodded as the two of them walked away in their separate direcrions.

"Time of death 11.23" Derek shouted frustrated walking out.

Eden stood there in shock this was her first surgery after a month of not operating and the guy died on her table just as Derek was allowing her to do a step solo then he flat lined no indication he just flat lined they couldnt get him back. Eden looked up into the gallery for the first time and the person staring at her was Rory he didn't smile he knew that wouldn't help her. She then left too, Rory left the gallery running to her side.

"Dont ask me if I'm okay, please" Eden begged as Rory caught up with her.
"Do you want to go see some cute new born babies?" Rory suggested knowing that when he loses a patient it makes him feel better checking on the new born babies it was a calming meathod but it worked and he hoped it would have the same affect on Eden.

To get to the nursery they had to walk along the cat walk which usually is pretty calm with only those walking across it to get to the other side of the hospital but today right now was different, as Rory and Eden opened the door they saw Mark walking towards them with a bleeding nose, Eden jumped into doctor Abbott mood running to Marks side but Rory saw something Eden didnt, Derek running up behind Mark looking like he was ready for a second punch on Mark and before she got caught in the middle, Rory pulled her backwards as he was right, Derek pulled Mark to the ground, the two of them were like teenage boys in the school playground fighting  rolling around on the walk floor, throwing blow after blow at each other.

"Are you serious" Eden mumbled to herself as she jumped in pulling mark of Derek and Meredith pulled derek back.

"What the hell was that over?" Eden sternly asked pulling him away and into a side room so she could try to help fix his face and hand.
"Me and Lexi are together" Mark slurred, slightly whincing when Eden poked the cuts.
"What like sleeping together, why did you tell him that oh thats why you were at merediths this morning" Eden asked while putting things together.
"Not sleeping together, together together" Mark clarified.
"You didnt chose the best time to tell him as we lost that patient the spinal fusion. Derek had been on this case for a while." Eden told him as she started to suature the cuts on his face while mark held a mirror watching her do it.

"I have been wanting to tell him for days. I waited for him in a good mood i thought today would be a good day" Mark explained.

Eden finished the first sauture on the first cut when she tied it off she then realised something, Marks words had sunk in. He thought today was a good day because derek had got what he wanted and that was her.

"Your an idiot" Eden shouted, mark paniced that she was talking about her work on his face he moved the mirror looking at it, it was fine no it was perfect better than his own work.

"Eden this is amazing your not an idiot" Mark said trying to reasure her.
"Not the sauture you. I was on Dereks service not because you thought i was ready. No to butter him up" Eden shouted waving the needle around getting closer to marks face.

"Before you carry on put the needle down its very sharp" Mark told her trying to grab the needle of her.

"I thought you believed in me. Allowing me off your service. I felt trusted. All i have ever wanted my whole life was to make you proud of the person i had become, not mum or my dad, YOU, even when you werent in my life every decision i made was to make you proud and i thought i had done that today but it was all a ploy just to make your girlfriend happy i can't belive you mark" Eden shouted in Marks face not giving him any chance to explain himself or his actions as she turned around slaming the door behind her.

Mark knew he had to wait for Torres to see to his hand so he couldn't go after Eden, all he could do was knock over the instrument tray frustrated thats exsctly what he did just as Torres walked in.

"Hey hey whats happened I just saw Eden she looked like stem was about to come out of her ears what did you do?" Torres asked as she lifted the ice pack of his hand to examine it.

"Well got in a fight with Derek after I told him about me and Lexi. Then Eden went off on one on me because i put her on his service to make sure he had a good day, he has been asking the whole month to have her on his service. Oh Callie I messed up big time" Mark filled Callie in.

"Mark, that girl has been through so much in the last 6 months. She allowed you to keep you out of the OR and didnt once get frustrated with you. She stayed on your service to keep you happy and quite possibly enjoyed Plastics far more than she expected and now you put her on a different service to get what you wanted thats low even for you"

"Hey, Ow" Mark exclaimed.
"Do you think she will ever talk to me?" Mark asked

"Mark you left her when she was 6 then came back wanting to pick up where you left off and she forgave you and she will again" Callie softly told him.