Important Announcement!

Good day, my lovely readers~

In celebration of the first year completion anniversary of "DEAD RECKONING: A Goyo x Reader story" next week, I'd like to, once again, express my deepest gratitude to all of your warm response with the story!

For the past year, I've received countless comments and opinions about it that made me wonder if the story is, indeed, that impressive as many of you have mentioned. At the same time, unique on its own storytelling. To tell you, again, this is not my first story. I've been writing novels since 2007; DEAD RECKONING is practically between my seventeenth and eighteenth novel's completion (currently going on with working with my twenty-fifth novel by now, which were all manuscripts waiting for possible literary agents or to be self-published in the future that I hope you'll be reading as well by then). So, I'll be honest to say that this is not my best work at all, with its grammatical errors and everything.

But... BUT!!! You've made me feel that it is. You've given it a home and a chance. And I am truly thankful and blessed to have readers as you. And since this is supposed to be some sort of an open letter, let me be honest to all of you that I've been put in some sort of pressure regarding a continuation, sequel, or a second book for this. Because, for me, the ending is already fitting and I'll hate to disappoint you all if there'll be another one.

The very moment that DEAD RECKONING's first chapter had been published for all of you to read, it is no longer mine alone. The same way that my other novels' manuscripts, only read by my closest friends, are no longer mine alone but one that we all share. DEAD RECKONING is the same. It is no longer mine; it is already ours.

So, if you have hopes of continuing the story on your own, showing interests, prompts and short stories that may relate it, feel free to do so! I am not expecting credits of anything, but kindly inform me about your plans. Not because I'll be correcting you and lay down a contract to you, but more of because I want to read your works! Let us support one another! And just as how much I love reading your comments, I also love reading whatever conspiracies you have been planning.

After all, it is the reason why DEAD RECKONING doesn't have a main character to do the telling. The very reason why it is a "reader story", because you are part of it.

Regarding a possible chance of a book two, I'd like to clarify once again that there is no chance that there'll be a continuation of this. A possible one (again, POSSIBLE with no assurance) is a different Philippine hero x Reader story. I am very much inclined with sad endings (heh!) so a great possibility that, if I ever return to this type of stories again in the future, it will be featuring Flaviano Yengko. Not to mention that being a Caviteña myself, I'll be honest to say that I'll have much more confidence in bringing a Caviteño hero in the works. If ever I'll be starting on this road of a story, I'll be informing you about it.

Lots of love, and again, happy first completion anniversary for DEAD RECKONING next week!

And happy 2nd year anniversary for my PPL check ride, also next week. =.=

-Capt. J