A/N

A/N:
I'd like to share a video edit I've made! A tribute for the almost one-year anniversary of Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral and the fourth year of Heneral Luna. Hit the subscribe button, like and comment, if ever it had been one that match your taste.
Again, thank you for your support with this story!

A/N (15 January 2020):
I'd like to share my Spotify playlist for #DeadReckoning. Just search #DeadReckoning in Spotify! Or the link here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2DTe6W0fIZEJEWBHc0vnLU?si=c0RfD8fdScWc_0ENgWEHRQ

A/N (12 February 2020):
I am unsure if I'll be able to post the next chapter next week after today's chapter. Not because I am yet to be finished, but I have priorities to watch out for. Like my CAAP Private Pilot License Checkride on Subic by Monday-Tuesday. Unsure if I'll have a stable internet by Wednesday next week. Anyway, I'll be needing your prayers to pass my checkride. Wish me luck!

A/N (17 February 2020):
As promised, I've posted the chapter today that is meant to be for Wednesday this week. That means, good news, all prayers and sacrifices had been worth it! I am officially a certified private pilot license holder!

A/N (1 April 2020):
Today is the 17th? day of the ECQ (I almost spelled it EQC because it's a subject I have during PPL Ground school—Equipment Qualification Course, which deals with the specs and the entire operating manual of a Cessna 172). Anyway, how are you holding up? Well, got a cold due to the unbearable heat and having to stay in front of the fan and eat and drink up everything cold. Been missing flying since it'd been 2 weeks since my last flight, which had been my first flight from Subic to Vigan and back to Subic. Too bad the weather back then had been hazy, which is common for March, and can't get a good picture of Mount Tirad and the Cordilliera mountains. But weather's suppose to be good for flying this time since the heat of summer is already there and flying with a good view is imminent. However, two more weeks for this ECQ. Hope you're all fine and well. Keep yourselves indoors, and stay safe! 😷❤️

A/N (25 April 2020):
Oh my goodness! I forgot to inform you that from Chapter 23, I can say that this story has reached its midpoint. Yes! Roughly 23 more chapters left, and the story is drawing to an end. Thank you for the support that I am currently receiving, and please do continue reading this until the very last chapter. Hope to hear comments from you! ❤️

A/N (01 June 2020):
My new story is up, titled as "Flight Plan". Hope you'll check it out and support it the same way with this one. And today marks the 79 days since my last flight and I an missing it. So, Flight Plan it is! My first story in Wattpad about the career I truly love. ❤️

A/N (09 July 2020):
Four more chapters to go for this Bibi DR of mine. :> The next chapter on Saturday will be the longest chapter I've ever written for the story, and also the titular chapter. Yes. The next chapter's title is "Dead Reckoning". ❤️

A/N (15 July 2020):

It is with a heavy heart that I am finally closing Dead Reckoning as a story. Originally meant to be a fanfiction for GOYO: Ang Batang Heneral, nagkaroon siya kaagad ng sariling buhay more than that, and slowly threaded on as a Historical Fiction. By the way, I am putting this story as an entry to the Wattys 2020, so it will mean a lot if you'll support me by sharing the story to anyone else who'll have the same interest. And since majority is English, it will be under the English category.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who've been avid supporters of the story. Well, hindi naman since day one, but those active readers na kaagad nag-vovote every new chapter and nag-cocomment. I love every comment, and thank you. I actually don't have any intention na may marinig mula sa mga readers, but mapilit ako siguro makarinig ng comments kaya ganoon. But, truly, it makes my heart skip. Even critics are welcome, and I am open for a debate about the story. I've been writing since nine, kaya sanay na akong makatanggap ng mga masasakit na salita in regards to my writing. Ang masakit lang sa akin ay makita ang mga readers ko na nagustuhan ang kwento pero hindi nagawang i-relate sa totoong buhay. I know that the few chapters toward the end had been politically aligned, and yes, I try to have my stories, despite fantasies and fictionals to leave readers with an empowering message.

Dead Reckoning, and the life of General Gregorio del Pilar are meant to leave one message for every reader: "Love your country foremost. Loving your country is different from loving the leader." I believe that the greatest crime we can all ever commit as citizens of this country is disloyalty. We can be disloyal to the government if we don't see their rule effective and consider it unjust, but never ever give up the dignity as a Filipino. Never sell your pride as a Filipino to anyone else. Never let anyone judge you for sacrificing your life as a Filipino. The same way that General Goyo had done. Though it might be too late before he realized it, but it proves that even if we've been through a completely selfish path, we can change in the name of that love.

Thank you to every vote and every comment you, my readers, had given throughout this story. This had been running for a year and a half but I've kept you updated of my busy schedule that flying had been a hassle to me. I've started this story in the midst of my entry to flight training. I started with Ground School before jumping to the cockpit seat in too much trial to finally earn my wings and confidence of flying solo a year ago. And before the pandemic even started, I remain flying above the clouds to earn the next license and add another bar on my epaulettes just as I had done last year on this same day of July 15.

Thank you for the congratulations that I've received along the way. During the times that I've shared to you my sacrifices in becoming a pilot. Passing my ten Private Pilot License exams, me conquering the first hours of flying until I've been released to fly solo for the first time, my examination for the English Proficiency, my checkride for the license, and be finally called as a Captain in my life. Thank you for being with me along the way. And so, I share my experience to you through my next story which is Flight Plan. Though loosely-based to my life, I hope that I can give you a glimpse of the so-called glittering life of being a pilot. The same way that Direk Jerrold Tarog had "unhero-ed" Goyo with his flaws, and the same way that I did in this story, I am also on the mark of being an eye opener to the not-so glittery life of a pilot: the hardship, the bloodshed, the tears, the pain, the sacriices, and the disappointment that are all pre-requisite to success. It will mean a lot to me if you'll be supporting me with the story of Flight Plan the same way that you support Dead Reckoning.

And so, I'd like to finally say it another time: Dead Reckoning - A Goyo x Reader Story had officially come to a close. I may or may not one day return to this world to share another bonus story but I don't envision myself writing one in the near future or next year or two. For me, it is a fitting ending. We move on, and we continue to love.

I'm hoping to one day meet all of you, have a chance to talk to you, and one day fly with you. You may reach me out through DM and Twitter at @23meraki. See you on my next projects, and I thank and love you with my everything.

Fly high, and reach your dreams through the restless winds and happy landings through uncertain destinations.

—Capt. J