Bonus Chapter: Happiest Year

A/N: On September 5, 2023, fifty-two days from now, "GOYO: Ang Batang Heneral" is turning five. Who would have thought that such a historical epic would have a lasting impact for too many? And at the same time, who would have any idea as well that DEAD RECKONING would be read by too many readers as you for the past three years?

Everyone who've been with me since the start of this story since 2018, until this completion on 15 July 2020... And everyone who've recently found out of this story... From the very bottom of my heart, thank you very much! I don't know how you've found out of this ramble of a story, but I highly appreciate your warm response and comments throughout this story.

With that being said, you'll also realize that this chapter was published in surprise. With no other pleasantries and advanced announcement compared to the past two years that we're celebrating DR's anniversary with a new bonus chapter. You'll also realized that I've placed the bonus chapters immediately after "XLVI - Xeno", the last chapter of the story, and compiled all the author's notes in between last year's bonus chapter and with this one.

I know what you are thinking, and perhaps, you are right. With how I've sounded with the first three paragraphs. But it is with a heavy heart to made this decision that this is the last bonus chapter I'll be releasing in regards to DR. I've always said that there might be a chance that I'll be returning to writing something like this featuring another hero, and I did.

The previous year had been a whirlwind for me. I've earned my Commercial Pilot License last December; started to be inspired to write another Reader-insert story featuring another hero; lost one of my greatest supporter and friend last February; completed my 200 flying hours and firmly parked and chocks on the Cessna C172; and... right now, I am waiting for my instrument rating check ride before finally heading onward to the next chapter of training for the Airbus A320.

DR always had a special place in my heart. It had been a mark of my flying journey, too. And with me finally being brave enough to dare take the leap of faith that majority of you had been asking me of: regarding that other Reader-insert story, I did so. Though it hadn't been as successful as compared to this one with how things are... I don't mind at all. I guess we have different types concerning characters and heroes to idolize, do we?  I guess, it had been only me who've been positive to think that my latest Reader-insert story, "ARTIFICIAL HORIZON", will cater the same readership and interest from most of you. And I guess, you'll all be hating me to learn that I am focusing more with AH and had been such a pushover to ask you to try reading it. No, I am not; no matter how honest I'll be to say that I've put much more heart, time, effort, tears, and research with AH's creation. I've always loved my stories equally, because all of them had been special to me. However, for DR's case, this is where, I believe, I am to close this story with finality.

DR has too many memories to treasure. It is like my time with a Cessna C172, and the time I've spent sharing majority of my stories and ideas to my friend. With it done, and him gone; I'll be saying that this is also my time to let go and focus on to the next. Hence, I am expectant to also have equally precious memories with AH as how I'll start the journey with an Airbus A320, and the rest of the year at peace with my friend's death, especially with AH being the first story I've completed that he didn't manage to read even a single word or sentence of it, and even not know its title compared to DR.

Anyhow, this is a rather lengthy starting Author's Note, right? But I just want to finally give you a head's up of it. So that you can treasure reading this new bonus chapter, too. In the end, I want you to read the last page of this story with a word from the actual storyline itself than my own Author's Note.

Allow me to shamelessly, once more, celebrate my fourth first solo anniversary today having to face the simulator this time for my build-up time with instrument rating prior to the check ride itself! And for anyone who wants to continue supporting me on my next projects, I'll then be turning my attention to "ARTIFICIAL HORIZON".