IV - Hanker Sore

adj. finding a person so attractive it actually kinda pisses you off.

* * *

Gregorio del Pilar? Tama ba yung narinig ko mula kay Isidro? Na yung lalaking iyon ay si "Gregorio del Pilar"?!

I look back at Isidro for another time, moving closer to him to ensure that I've heard right. I ask him, "Sino?"

He chuckles a little as he shakes his head. "Si Gregorio del Pilar, sabi ko," he clarifies. "Paniguradong narinig mo na ang tungkol sa kanya?"

"Ah... tungkol diyan," I trail of because I actually only know too little about him than just the basic. "Ang alam ko lang ay yung nangyari sa-"

Isidro suddenly turns to me with a stern look as if to tell me that I better not continue with my words. He draws closer to me and whispers, "'Wag na 'wag mo sasabihin yan kahit kanino. Kung ano ang mangyayari sa huli. Lalong-lalo na kay Goyo."

I raise an eyebrow at him, conflicted with the knowledge he knows. "Alam mo kung paano magtatapos ang lahat?"

He nods at me. "Kung hindi ko alam, sana'y hindi din ako ang sumalubong sa iyo noong dumating ka rito. Masasabi ko na sa lahat ng karakter dito, ako lang ang nakakaalam." He sighs heavily and smiles nostalgically. "Hindi mababago ang tadhana. Malalaman mo na napagtagumpayan mo ang misyon ng laro na ito sa panahon na maisakatuparan kung ano ang nararapat mangyari."

I know, at least, that Gregorio del Pilar, one of the youngest generals of the Philippine Revolutionary Army, had died at a young age all the while protecting Tirad Pass. That's all I know about him; but other than what propelled him to be a general at a young age remains as a mystery to me that had never been unearthed quite in focus by history class. Or perhaps, I've never been that interested with history to ponder on for more.

"Nabanggit mo na rin na siya ang misyon ko. Ano ang dapat ko talagang gawin para magtagumpay sa laro na ito? O di kaya, matapos ito?" I ask him in almost a whisper as my eyes trail on to where Gregorio del Pilar is, bloody and dirty, as he stands right next to a taller man, who watches him with worry. "Anong panahon na ba ito?"

"1897. Mga Kastila pa ang kalaban. Higit dalawang taon bago ang katapusan," Isidro answers with a nod. "Kakarong de Sili. Ang punto na nagdulot ng pagbabago sa buhay ni Goyo, at marami rito sa amin. Ang punto rin kung saan magsisimulang magbago ang iyong buhay, (Y/N)."

Kapag talaga nakakita na ako ng mangga at nakaalis dito... My thoughts trail at that, knowing that the way for me to leave this place all depends on a mango. Among all things, which is certainly not that easy to have while being hurdled to one battle after another.

But as I look on at everything around me, and then to Gregorio del Pilar... My mission to finish this game... perhaps I can get a few knowledge of history through this one. Somehow.

"So, ano yung una kong misyon na tungkol kay del Pilar?" I inquire Isidro, defiant and sure. My first mission earlier had been to aid with the wounded, but that turned out to be just an auxiliary one. Like some tutorial at the start of every game. This one is a challenge I'll need to succeed, or who knows what will happen if I fail at this early part of the game.

Isidro eyes the bandages and the rest of the medical kit that I am holding, and smiles at me earnestly. "Pagdating natin ng Manatal."

# # #

My mission, for this game, so happened to be the famous Boy General of the Philippine Revolution. The valiant young man named Gregorio del Pilar, who was renowned for his glorious death in protecting Tirad Pass. That's all I know about the man, and all I know with history regarding him. Other things of how he was before that fateful death of his, and everything that led him to climb the ranks from a young teenage boy to a respected general is all a mystery to me. One that I'll certainly know of the more that I proceed on with this game.