A/N (6 December 2022)

We all know that last 2 December 2022, 123 years ago, General Gregorio del Pilar died defending Tirad Pass at the age of 24 years old.

Forgive my ramblings but with how DEAD RECKONING: A Goyo x Reader story bore witness also with my flying career, I am happy and proud to share to all of you that I am now a certified Commercial Pilot License holder.

Yes, last 4 December 2022, Sunday, I passed my Commercial Pilot License (CPL) CAAP check ride at Iba Airport, Iba, Zambales, Philippines, at the age of 24 years old. (The young truly make great leaps of faith.)

Above all, I thank the Almighty God for His will be done.

I thank my parents, my siblings and the rest of my family, for their endless support and understanding how I've struggled for the past few days reviewing and preparing for the check ride. All of them knew how I've been rambling maneuvers, emergency procedures, almost senseless airspeeds and limitations, and Iba Airport's radio phraseology to be assured that I'll be ready with the oral and practical exams.

I also thank my flight instructors, especially Lady Captain Analiza De Leon, for overseeing my progress check and ensuring that I'll completely nail the check ride itself. Even at the event that I thought of my check ride flight as a mess, she believed that I did well and was just expecting such a higher standard to myself than necessary. And for the rest of my flight instructors who've nurtured me and shared their experiences to make me a better pilot than I was yesterday and I'll certainly be in the future.

Thank you as well, my batchmates and my closest friends, for believing that I could do it when I feel like I couldn't. When I have the jittery feeling of receiving a failing mark, and when I was overwhelmed with the excitement in seeing the recommendation printed by the check pilot.

To Capt. Alfonzo Gaddi II, my previous flight instructor and now my CPL CAAP check ride pilot, thank you for taking the leap of faith in me. I believed that every check ride pilot were to risk their own careers in granting issuances of licenses. You've told me that I've greatly improved compared the last time we've flown when you were still one of my flight instructors, and I hoped that the next time we're to cross paths once again, I could once again show you that I've learned more and became a better pilot. When you've handed me my grading sheet with the imprinted words of "COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE ISSUANCE APPROVED", and be the first one to call and congratulate me as "Captain", thank you. I thought my smile and laughter at that time was that of someone who've won the lottery!

And to you, my readers, thank you. You've been with me at the beginning of DEAD RECKONING hearing my pleas and a great deal of my journey as a pilot. From ground school, to the completion of this book at the first anniversary of my first solo, to me receiving my Private Pilot License, and now to this. Thank you!

It had been two days already, and I still couldn't believe that I am finally a Commercial Pilot License holder. But the journey isn't still over. I am to add the "Instrument Rated" at that license soon, and hopefully, with everyone's support and by the will of God, the "A320 rating", too. And finally, a step to the big bad aviation industry.

Forgive me for the long and sudden and random A/N. But trust me, each of you were also part of my journey on this that I want to share it to you.

And watch out for any random one-shots, too. I guess if my schedule cleared a little, I could offer one just around the corner...

 I guess if my schedule cleared a little, I could offer one just around the corner

Dream fearlessly, fiercely and freely, my travelers. xoxo

Capt. J
143528-CPL