𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗢𝗻𝗲: 𝗘𝗽 𝟰

---𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗢𝗻𝗲: 𝗘𝗽 𝟰---

The rain was pouring, the deep brown soil beneath peoples feet smeared around messily. The sound of sludging mud and heavy footsteps could be heard as the recruits jogged through the forest, green hoods somewhat protecting them from the rain. Shadis rode on his horse, keeping an eye from afar. 

"What's up with you Arlert?" He asked, shouting amongst the sound of the rain. "Let's see some hustle! Let me guess, that's too heavy for you? Just leave the bag in the mud, the titans will digest you easier that way."

Armin ran behind the group, panting for air. He struggled desperately to carry his backpack and run all at once.  "Dammit," Armin huffed under his breath, barely even hearable. 

"Seriously, we are being graded on this y'know?" Reiner reminded, pulling the backpack off from Armin's shoulders and placing it on his own. "Just focus on standing upright, okay?"

"But won't they punish you?" Armin gasped. 

"Thats if they find out. Make the cut, and we're even."

Little did the two know, Shadis was listening to the whole conversation, lurking in front of them. 

Reiner Braun, he posses mental and physical strength, also respected by his comrades.

"I'm no ones burden, you hear me!" Armin fought, he quickly caught up with Reiner, grabbing his bag and racing off with the rest of the cadets. 

Armin Arlert, for what he lacks in strength he makes up for in his academic skills.

                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had skipped a few days in advance, the recruits were in the forest still but the weather was a lot brighter. The cadets zipped through the trees focusing on the task at hand, slicing the fake titans napes. The whole thing was nothing more than a test, to separate the strong from the weak. 

Jean, Annie and Bertholdt headed for the same cardboard cut out, slicing straight into the nape. Whilst it seemed Annie and Bertholdt had cut deep into the neck, Jean only pierced it slightly. 

Annie Leonhart, whilst she had outstanding fighting skills she lacks in team spirit, a lone wolf. 

Bertholdt Hoover is highly talented but lacks initiative. 

Jean Kirstein, his 3D control skills are one of the best amongst the class, maybe even the best. His overly blunt personality seems to cause friction between the other cadets. 

Jean quickly notices his blunt cut and headed for another titan, about to make contact with the nape, he was interrupted by none other than Connie. Before Connie could steal Jean's thunder, he was beaten to it by Sasha who made a quick, deep cut into the fake titan.