Season 1: Episode 11/12

"I'll do it! It's still uncertain if I can, but I'll try." Eren claimed as the boy raised himself to his feet with determination in his teal orbs.

Pixis placed a firm grip on Eren's shoulders, "You have a heart of gold."

He then walked to the edge of the wall and cupped his hand around his mouth, "Hop to officers, we have a plan to fulfil."

"My plan was just a suggestion, are we following through with this?" Armin muttered under his breath, the boy was certainly unsure of himself.

"I was thinking the same thing, but I trust Pixis's judgment. It's like he has a clear view of the plan, unlike any of us." Eren stated.

"You think?"

"Yes, I do. But there's something more to this plan and I'm certain the commander is aware of it. Titans aren't our only foe."

The four were interrupted by the commander who was calling them forth.

"The fate of mankind rests on your shoulders."

~~~~~~

"They're planning to retake Trost? Are they crazy!?"

"How is that even possible?"

"This is insane."

"How are we even supposed to patch the hole?!"

Whispers and rumours were spreading like a wildfire back down at camp where the remaining soldiers who survived were stationed. Everyone began to panic and fear for their lives. Not one person out there wanted to relive the recent events of horror they had just faced. Some were lucky enough to make it back alive, now they were scared it would have been all for nothing.

Daz, a soldier from the 104th, often known for his squeamish behaviour, broke out into panic.

"I don't want to die." He cried. He frantically wafted his arms about, causing a huge scene.

"Calm down Daz, okay!" Marco tried to snap Daz out of it, but he on the other hand was having none of it.

"Hey, you! Are you trying to give me the impression you're willing to abandon your mission?" A soldier, clearly a higher up, began to shout.

"Please sir, there's no hope. We're all lambs being sent to the slaughter!" Daz yelped once more, his face filled with fresh tears.

"Are you too good to sacrifice your life for mankind? Or do you wish for me to slice you down now as an example to your comrades?"

"Please! I'll take this over being eaten any day!"

Fear spread across the whole crowd, even commanders and high ups were attempting to leave the place. Who could blame anyone? They were all lambs to the slaughter. Meanwhile, Eren and Pixis were walking on top of the wall. It was just at that moment Eren walked past Hannes.

Eren signalled for him to return to his duties.

Commander Pixis pulled out a silvery, fancy-looking flask and began to chug the contents. Eren watched, before he knew it, the flask was handed to him.

"Care for a swig?"

"Oh- yes sir," Eren responded.

He took the flask and took a swig of the drink inside. He spat it out moments later.

~~~~~

"ATTENTIONNNNNNN!"

"Our prime objective is to seal the hole. What's more, is that it will be done manually."